Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328784 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1380 on: August 25, 2009, 01:15:26 am »
All of the Taco Bell sauces besides Fire taste too watery to me.

French fries go good with any shake though, but again, better with a good malt.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 25, 2009, 01:45:38 am »
I'll confess something: I don't like that kind of heat. I'll enjoy a small bit of it on occasion, but that's it. For me, it's zero hot sauce packets. Bland it up, baby!

On the other hand, I have a stronger tolerance for mustard-type heat (which includes horseradish and wasabi) than anyone I know. I love horseradish; not that wimpy creamed stuff; the full-strength, grated horseradish doused in vinegar stuff. Mmm mmm! Put it on red meats, or gefilte fish, or sausages, and live life like a deity!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 25, 2009, 02:01:38 am »
I had real radishes for the first time recently. Love them.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1383 on: August 25, 2009, 02:45:45 am »
The problem that I have is that I can't stand any kind of heat. Really. I blame it on the Russian upbringing. Russian food is considered to be bland by many people. It's why I have to be very careful with Mexican and Korean. Actually, I have never really had any Korean that I enjoyed. I'm glad I learned to like Mexican, though. It's so popular here in California.

I love veggies, but some of those are even too spicy for me. Like radishes! Some others too, occasionally raw onions are a little too much for me (but I LOOOOVE onions). I also detest mustard because I find that spicy. McDonalds is annoying because they love to put mustard in most of their burgers. I wish they didn't do that so much.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 25, 2009, 03:11:07 am »
I had real radishes for the first time recently. Love them.

I just put two bunches of them into a pot roast not three minutes ago. Well...almost two bunches. Naturally, I had to perform a "food inspection" first! Cooked radishes lose their zest, so it's best to eat at least a couple raw, for great justice.

By the way, I gotta disagree with you, ZaichiArky. Mustard is one of the key elements that makes McDonald's burgers palatable. Although...when I was a kid, they had to be "ketchup only" cheeseburgers: no mustard, onions, or pickles. Boy, I was a dumb kid. You'd be amazed how often they got that order wrong! In fact, it was upon getting a wrong burger one day that I realized I actually liked that stuff on burgers now. =)

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 25, 2009, 01:12:27 pm »
my family really never has been able to handle spicy things. my brother once hurled at a chinese place because the food was too spicy. then again, i love wasabi and whenever we get chinese i like to put some on my chicken. that shit is good man.

i love shooting things.
with my brand new camera!!
that lacks a tihngy you  can use to connect to a computer. a usb port thing i guess.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 25, 2009, 01:20:13 pm »
I'm not the biggest spicy eater either. The Koreans would cook for everyone at the end of a night at the Japanese steakhouse I worked at; it'd be some kind of incineratingly hot soup with meat in it. I'd be so hungry that I'd eat it, and eat it, and eat it, and my lips would be burning off my face like magnesium set aflame, and I'd still eat it. Torture.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 25, 2009, 01:30:26 pm »
I love spicy food. The hotter the better. Chinese, Korean, Mexican, whatever. I guess for me, you could say "it burns so good"?

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 25, 2009, 01:38:33 pm »
Bekkler, I cannot agree more with you there!

Bring on the flames!

Of course, I do not like Buffalo Wild Wings....wings. Perhaps two or three before they overheat my mouth.

But other than that, I love hot, spicy foods.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1389 on: August 25, 2009, 02:08:46 pm »
I'm not the biggest spicy eater either. The Koreans would cook for everyone at the end of a night at the Japanese steakhouse I worked at; it'd be some kind of incineratingly hot soup with meat in it. I'd be so hungry that I'd eat it, and eat it, and eat it, and my lips would be burning off my face like magnesium set aflame, and I'd still eat it. Torture.

I think I would be frustrated because I would not eat it and then be hungry D :.

I don't get it with Americans and spicy food. How can you take pleasure in your mouth burning? It doesn't seem to be a very pleasant experience to me. Like those flaming cheetos that a lot of Americans like. Eating those sounds rather repulsive to me and they even look scary. Scary and red. That and... if you eat too much of it, I hear that it going out the other end is torture XD;.  I suppose spicy food must be some kind of thing you get used to.

In other news, I'm making my first scrap book. I've wanted to make one ever since I went to Japan for the first time when I was 15. I figured that I'd do Australia first, and then if that went well, I'd start a massive Japan project (and that would be insanely massive). Its going well and I'm happy with how it's turning out! Maybe I can finish today. The only problem is that it makes me miss my friend, I don't know when I'll see him again, possibly another 5 years. But I am confident it will happen.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 25, 2009, 02:31:12 pm »
ZaichikArky, let me tell you a story. My wife spent a year in Thailand. The father in the family she stayed with would eat peppers straight, as a snack. He'd eat them until he was crying like he just found out Bambi's mother died. Then... he'd eat more.

American's are wusses when it comes to spicy foods. Though, I like having my tastebuds intact, so I don't mind.

As for what I love. Latin. Or more exactly, "foreign languages" in general. There is something about learning the structure of a language that I love. Learning it well enough to speak and writer fluently in it, on the other hand...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1391 on: August 25, 2009, 02:38:12 pm »
Thought's right, we are wusses. There are some americans who'll be adventurous and take a liking to spicy food, but those spicy foods are usually Mexican or Asian. If you want something REALLY spicy, try Vietnam.
I think I'm fine with my bland - mildly spicy steaks and burgers. Peppers can just stay the hell away :lol:

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #1392 on: August 25, 2009, 04:48:39 pm »
If you want something REALLY spicy, try Vietnam.

Or don't. Vietnamese cooking is just insane. They can make cabbage one of the spiciest things in the world. I'm convinced that the Vietnamese cabbage dish I ate once had more spice than anything I have ever eaten.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 25, 2009, 05:15:26 pm »
Toasty Torpedoes, FTW! Oh, I love these things, love 'em so much! Love 'em so much I wanna marry 'em. Yum yum yum!

Also, they really do look like torpedoes, which is awesome.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1394 on: August 25, 2009, 05:30:14 pm »
I love this song "the Fox, the Crow and the Cookie" by local band mewithoutYou. That whole album of theirs is top notch, really.

Also, this Thursday I'll be able to throw off the shackles of my pathetic 56k for at least a month or so: Comcast is coming.