Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328399 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1275 on: August 13, 2009, 03:15:35 pm »
Hah, I love the fish throwers. It's just amazing how much coordination and teamwork it takes to be able to perform for and serve your customers at the same time, and in such a busy place.
I live about a 15 minute, maybe half hour drive from Seattle (but apparently my city is still considered Seattle be people out of state), but I don't have a license yet so I can't make it down often enough. That lack of license is probably also the reason why I can't seem to find the good steak places. Claim Jumper has a very tasty steak, I think 20 oz, but it's thirty bucks. My brother swears by Dixie's Diner, but I haven't been there yet either. The funny thing is, the woman who runs Dixie's gets all her ham hawks at the Safeway I used to work out. I promised her I would stop by someday, so I guess I'd better get on that...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 13, 2009, 03:30:37 pm »
It took me a hot minute there to realize that Zeph's love for Fatburger had nothing to do with Serge's naked sleeping...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 13, 2009, 03:35:57 pm »
It took me a hot minute there to realize that Zeph's love for Fatburger had nothing to do with Serge's naked sleeping...

Or did it?

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 13, 2009, 03:39:55 pm »
I gather that you're from one of those landlubber states. When the fish are fresh enough to snap back at you, it's probably a lot more appetizing than when they have to be trucked into town across over a thousand miles of desert and prairie, even if there is little or no real quality loss.

I'm in Texas =D of course!

Now now, I have nothing wrong with a good:
A: Fried Catfish
B: Fried Trout
C: Long John Silver's

The main thing I've had against seafood resturaunts is their 'fancier' fish, like salmon (which I never have liked), and then their crustaceans, like crab (which I just have a fear to try =D ).

=D

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1279 on: August 13, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »
Crab is one of the most delicious things in the world, IF eaten in moderation. Don't go having it every night now!
When my mom was young, somehow her family got ahold of a whole ton of crab. They had crab ala king (I think) almost every night for a few months. She loved the dish at first, but after that she cringes whenever you say "ala king".
Crab is great boiled, pulled out of the shell and dipped in butter, or in sushi, or as an ingredient in dips.

The reason I love Fatburger is NOT Serge. It's the chili, mayo, bacon, fry and cheeseburger. So delicious <3

EDIT: Okay, reading that, I can see why my family hates the place. That's like a heart attack on a bun right there.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 13, 2009, 04:12:15 pm »
i dunno much about steaks. we rarely eat red meat in my house. im more of a chicken guy myself, and i have to tlel you that snowbird chicken is the best thing ive ever had. it sucks though that we have to head up to massachusetts to get some. last i checked there isnt bugaboo creek in connecticut.
i love potatoes. and my granma.
wait what would happen if i had a granmapotato? would that be bad? lol

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 13, 2009, 04:22:30 pm »
i dunno much about steaks. we rarely eat red meat in my house. im more of a chicken guy myself, and i have to tlel you that snowbird chicken is the best thing ive ever had. it sucks though that we have to head up to massachusetts to get some. last i checked there isnt bugaboo creek in connecticut.
i love potatoes. and my granma.
wait what would happen if i had a granmapotato? would that be bad? lol

Call me crazy and insane, but Chicken Strips/Chicken Fried Chicken with cream gravey (none of that Northeastern brown crap! =D ) is one of the best meals I can have...

...its up there along with the great bacon cheese burger!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 13, 2009, 04:30:02 pm »
snowbird chicken has this crunchy fried texture on the outside, more white than brown. its very eggy. i know that bugaboo does steak too, but its a northeastern thing.

MsBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 13, 2009, 05:30:43 pm »
Stevie Motherfucking Wonder.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 13, 2009, 11:14:21 pm »
One of the things I love is how excited people get when they talk about the foods they like, and how particular those tastes often are. I could literally have a conversation for hours consisting of nothing but talking about foods that we like.

Salmon has a taste to it that some people just don't like, so you're forgiven for your Texan sensibilities, Serge. It sounds like your favorite kind of fish is a fried fish, in which case I'd imagine that you prefer blander fish, like sole, snapper, tilapia, and Hyrule loach. Many fish out there are waiting to be eaten! Don't be afraid to try sea junk; you may be pleasant surprised one of these days.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 13, 2009, 11:58:18 pm »
Salmon has a taste to it that some people just don't like, so you're forgiven for your Texan sensibilities, Serge. It sounds like your favorite kind of fish is a fried fish, in which case I'd imagine that you prefer blander fish, like sole, snapper, tilapia, and Hyrule loach. Many fish out there are waiting to be eaten! Don't be afraid to try sea junk; you may be pleasant surprised one of these days.

Its not sensibilities, its just opinion!
I have nothing against fishing, or people who like (eating) fish. (But I love to make jokes as if I did, you know, like I do about the Northeast!)

And I C Wut U Did THar!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 14, 2009, 12:48:10 am »
After stalking Zephira's deviantART page, I found a picture of Engine Cat. I love Engine Cat!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1287 on: August 14, 2009, 12:55:29 am »
I love Engine Cat too, and Engine Cat loves engines. Engine Cat also loves to scare the new neighbour's cat. I shall be sure to tell Engine Cat that she has an admirer when I feed her in the morning.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 14, 2009, 02:45:11 am »
Engine Cat will surely inspire many young, impressionable kittens to become engineers and mechanics in their own right, someday...leading to a whole new generation of cats taking naps on sophisticated gadgets and machines.

My smile of the moment:

On Facebook, you can now "become a fan" of something with a single click of a button and no other effort whatsoever. It used to be harder than that! Thank goodness for progress.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 14, 2009, 05:33:19 am »
Avenue Q just popped up on Jimmy Fallon.  That show is damn hilarious....