Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328540 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1230 on: August 07, 2009, 12:22:08 pm »
Holy fucking hell, One Piece is amazing.

Oda is a romantic genius.

THIS IS A MAN'S ROMANCE!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 07, 2009, 07:18:21 pm »
I love Pike Place Market. I don't get there very often. Today it was nice: cloudy and cool, some of the coolest weather in the nation, in fact. I bought a pastrami on rye, a half-sour pickle, and some fresh molasses cookies from Three Girls Bakery, and walked out to the park overlooking Elliott Bay for lunch, where I ate with the pigeons. It was very nice. On the way back I stopped in at Seattle Coffee Works for a hot latte.

In other news, I love fresh produce. I don't have enough money to buy it at will; it has to fit in the food budget, and a few nice fruits and veggies can cost as much as days of filling food. Last night, though, after finding more money than I expected in my checking account, I went and bought fresh radishes, green onions, blueberries, peaches, tomatoes, and a cantaloupe.

The line to envy me begins here.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 07, 2009, 08:38:16 pm »
Unless you have fortune tacos, I'll pass on your line.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 07, 2009, 08:44:53 pm »
Hrmph! We don't accept just any riff-raff in the line, anyway!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1234 on: August 07, 2009, 09:12:24 pm »
Pike Place is amazing. One of my favourite stalls there sells a few different types of ocarinas, one of which being the Ocarina of Time. Sadly, that one is a bit outside my budget. There is also one that sells handmade paper journals. They're very soft and pretty and fun to write on. And, of course, there's the fish throwers. Their energy is just so infectious.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 07, 2009, 09:16:58 pm »
I walked right by the ocarina booth today. I'd never noticed it before. And, like you, my first through was of the Ocarina of Time. =)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1236 on: August 07, 2009, 09:27:39 pm »
Their smaller pendant ones sound very nice, and costs about $20ish dollars. My brothers and I each got one for Christmas when we were little. They do break pretty easily, so giving them to kids is NOT a good idea.
Oh yeah, there's also that honey stand. One of my favourite snacks is their flavoured honey straws. The cinnamon honey is good, and so is the pink lemonade honey, but plain is still my favourite.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1237 on: August 07, 2009, 10:17:39 pm »
I like honey sticks too. I get them at my local farmers markets. I especially like the sour flavors.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 08, 2009, 02:31:25 am »
I like getting legit, properly bred pokemon with the right IVs

... I dont like the process of obtaining them as much, though.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 08, 2009, 03:03:18 am »
In other news, I love fresh produce. I don't have enough money to buy it at will; it has to fit in the food budget, and a few nice fruits and veggies can cost as much as days of filling food. Last night, though, after finding more money than I expected in my checking account, I went and bought fresh radishes, green onions, blueberries, peaches, tomatoes, and a cantaloupe.

The line to envy me begins here.

I'd be envious, but a new marketplace just happened to open in town today -- one which stocks fresh heirloom tomatoes.  (And "town" is only population 500... so talk about lucking out.)  I bought a couple to add to a Spanish potato dish I'll probably cook later.  

This is the first time our town has actually had a source of consistent, decent produce.  A day earlier and you would have had me standing in line.  :P  Anyway, always good to know a fellow produce aficionado.

Edit:  I love Homicide (the TV series).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgA3mOTQ2gAf
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:19:27 am by Uboa »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 09, 2009, 02:07:54 pm »
I really love the French film Amelie... I have been hunting for an English version of the script for the past week or so and all I can find is the English transcript (meaning dialogue only).  I know there are some out there - I've seen people on other forums looking for French versions of the film to compare to the English version they have.  As such, I really want a copy of this script.

Since I love this, I make this formal request: could someone help me find a copy of the English script?  I'll make you a custom avatar or something.  I don't have much to offer, obviously, but by God I want this script.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 09, 2009, 07:20:55 pm »
Just finished watching the end of

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

One of the most amazing animes ever!

(Kai is the sequel to the first Higurashi, which was translated to english as "When They Cry".  Imo, Kai was better than the first!)

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 09, 2009, 08:17:15 pm »
Heh, you've got a bit more to love, then--there's a five-part follow-up OAV ("Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei"--fifth part isn't out yet). And the currently running series "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" (AKA "When the Seagulls Cry") is somewhat similar to Higurashi--hardly surprising, since it's based on another visual novel game from the same company as made the one that formed the basis for Higurashi.

I love the opening credits from Umineko, although this may merely prove that I have warped taste in music.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1243 on: August 10, 2009, 06:04:21 am »
I love how the "Is Magus really all that cool?" thread is basically an exercise in how else one can express the word, "YES!"...despite any backlash may result of me posting this. :P

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 10, 2009, 12:48:00 pm »
I love how the "Is Magus really all that cool?" thread is basically an exercise in how else one can express the word, "YES!"...despite any backlash may result of me posting this. :P

Ya I'm not a huge fan of that thread...