Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328367 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1200 on: August 02, 2009, 06:08:44 pm »
I don't like seeing 'love' on Valentine's Day either, regardless of whether or not I personally am in love...It's a stupid Hallmark non-holiday (...now?). Hardly anyone actually knows who St. Valentine was or what he did (& in many cases that there even WAS a Saint related to the holiday)...er, anyways (this is turning more into a frustration rant >_>), I love, uh...globes and hourglass because they're neat. Y'know what would be cool? If someone made a Chrono world-based globe (or possibly any video game world globes)!

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 02, 2009, 06:31:34 pm »
Gonna sound wierd but I love love.
Whether it's experiencing just feeling or sometimes even seeing it. Onyl time I don't liek to see it is when I'm single on valentine's day.

That's not weird. You're just the hopeless romantic type.

...that's cruel. Not hopeless, I'm in the middle of a relationship right now! :lol:

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1202 on: August 02, 2009, 06:41:37 pm »
Its not that you're hopeless romantically. A hopeless romantic is one that believes against belief in the role that romance(both senses of the word) has in the natural world.

Vee, plenty of people don't know about St. Patrick or what happened on Cinco de Mayo either, but that doesn't mean its not a good enough opportunity to get sloshed on green tinted ale and tequila.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 02, 2009, 09:08:24 pm »
Whether it's experiencing just feeling or sometimes even seeing it. Onyl time I don't liek to see it is when I'm single on valentine's day.
I beg to differ -- arguably my most memorable [and hilarious] Valentine's Day in recent years came when I was single. I was walking down a main street in 2006 during my term abroad, and bumped into some enthusiastic, hollering Russians waving a flag. They turned out to be members of one of one of the ultra-nationalist political parties in the country. After sputtering off some unintelligible propaganda and waving some anti-Semitic literature at me, they handed me this hilarious little valentine's card, with two smiling cherubs sitting in the clouds with a gold heart and the party logo spread across the background. It reads "S dnem sviatogo Valentina!" in a bright, happy, red font. One of my favourite souvenirs! I keep it in an old journal and usually make a few photocopies for classmates each year.

Between that awesome card and the cheap beer, I didn't even have thoughts of love enter my head that year. Too funny.  :D

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 03, 2009, 05:17:25 pm »
You might of seen me raving about Andy Mckee....now I have 2 supreme storytellers on guitar!

Craig D'Andrea is the other...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3ZPU4FB0Q

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 04, 2009, 12:02:27 am »

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1206 on: August 04, 2009, 12:43:48 am »
I beg to differ -- arguably my most memorable [and hilarious] Valentine's Day in recent years came when I was single. I was walking down a main street in 2006 during my term abroad, and bumped into some enthusiastic, hollering Russians waving a flag. They turned out to be members of one of one of the ultra-nationalist political parties in the country. After sputtering off some unintelligible propaganda and waving some anti-Semitic literature at me, they handed me this hilarious little valentine's card, with two smiling cherubs sitting in the clouds with a gold heart and the party logo spread across the background. It reads "S dnem sviatogo Valentina!" in a bright, happy, red font. One of my favourite souvenirs! I keep it in an old journal and usually make a few photocopies for classmates each year.

Between that awesome card and the cheap beer, I didn't even have thoughts of love enter my head that year. Too funny.  :D

I know this is the love thread and everything, but I hate ultra nationalists >_>; Japan has a ton of them too... the party is largely run by the yakuza and what they do is that they have this big black truck with a bunch of nationalistic emblems and a giant loud speaker. They play traditional music while spewing the latest propaganda about god knows what. They are very loud and obnoxious and interrupt daily life with their annoying loud speakers pretty much daily, though eventually I became more japanese and just tried to tune them out as much as possible.

Most Japanese can't stand them either, but they won't do a damn thing because in Japan, you don't stand up against the yakuza or neonationalists... it is very unjapanese.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 04, 2009, 01:27:15 pm »
The American Scientific Affiliation.

I was quite dubious about them when I first heard of them, and for good reason; it is a religious organization. This seems to be compounded when I then found out that "History" counts as a science. History is nothing of the sort, and proudly so.

However, I went to a conference they had over the last few days and was quite impressed. The two main focuses of discussion at the conference were the multiverse and origins. The presenters on the former actually teach at respectable universities and conduct research on String/M-Theory. The latter was likewise boosted by the presence of respectable neuroscientists and geneticists.

The debate was as vigorous as I've seen at strictly scientific conferences, the information was very interesting (no-mind the religious aspects of the discussion; if the scientific qualities were the same, I'd have gone to this if it was Pastafarian in origin), and in general very intellectually stimulating.

Religion in general, and Christianity in specific, would certainly have a better reputation in the world if more individuals were like those of this group.

EDIT: Oh, and one of the highlights of the conference was hearing a distant relative of Edgar Allen Poe talk about Poe's book, Eureka, in which Poe suggested the Big Bang, though he had no scientific evidence for it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:50:10 pm by Thought »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 04, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »
I love, uh...globes and hourglass because they're neat. Y'know what would be cool? If someone made a Chrono world-based globe (or possibly any video game world globes)!

I love you man! As a friend of course, not a stalker.  :lol:
Because now I absolutely have to do that. First I gotta find my globe and strip it DOWN!
I love Chrono related things. And I believe this would be a first, a video game globe! Chrono will be known for it being the first with globes. :lol:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1209 on: August 04, 2009, 04:32:36 pm »
I love, uh...globes and hourglass because they're neat. Y'know what would be cool? If someone made a Chrono world-based globe (or possibly any video game world globes)!

I love you man! As a friend of course, not a stalker.  :lol:
Because now I absolutely have to do that. First I gotta find my globe and strip it DOWN!
I love Chrono related things. And I believe this would be a first, a video game globe! Chrono will be known for it being the first with globes. :lol:

Gotta row row fight the power, right? If they take one project from us, a hundred more shall take its place! Oh, y'know what might be a neat addition to the globe would be a couple moons to rotate around it! ^_^

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 04, 2009, 05:18:50 pm »
THAT would be hard but I could most certainly try!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 04, 2009, 06:36:17 pm »
Hey FaF, do you remember where you got this awesome banner?

I wonder if there's more by the same artist, or if this is part of a larger work. 'Cuz it rocks. Don't tell me there's a FFVI anime hanging around on the Net that I don't know about...

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1212 on: August 04, 2009, 06:49:27 pm »
^ that is ff6? I can't even tell who it is...

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 04, 2009, 06:56:38 pm »
I don't recognize the banner, but I've seen some anime intros edited to feature FFVI characters.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 04, 2009, 07:42:33 pm »
So I was about to start whining about nto getting any callabacks when my agent got me another audition for some Kellogg's commercial or something.  Cereal commercials ain't really a dream job but it's a start and I'm glad the agency has me in mind.