Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 332012 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1170 on: July 29, 2009, 07:57:58 pm »
I love Starcraft, more than any game I have ever played. Well, I suppose Chrono Trigger and Halo have to be right alongside it in their respective genres, especially since CT came first... But CT doesn't have the books, voices, statues, and galleries of amazing (and official) art that Starcraft does.
There is the sad news that Starcraft II got pushed back to December 2010, but the good news is that I now have another year to get my computer fixed up enough to be able to run it well.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 30, 2009, 01:18:57 am »
Agent got me an audition for Big Lots tomorrow!  Here's to gettin' the name out there!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1172 on: July 30, 2009, 01:46:54 am »
GOOD LUCK SHEE :kamina

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 30, 2009, 01:23:40 pm »
I love the original motto of the United States: E Pluribus, Unum. It would be hard to express just how significant a sentiment I think it is, but I can tell you quite plainly that it is central to my own political philosophy. It is, in my opinion, the single greatest stroke of genius from the Enlightenment attitudes which dominated the revolutionary era, and only two other democratic concepts--"life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" and "the tyranny of the majority"--can even hold a candle to it.

It was a dark day for the country when, in our anti-Communist zeal, we replaced it with that awful "In God We Trust."

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1174 on: July 30, 2009, 02:24:16 pm »
I love webcomics. I like Vgcats, despite the fact that Scott never updates, and PennyArcade, which updates fairly regularly, but contains so little that the blog is often more interesting than the comic.

But damn it I love 8 Bit Theatre. It's one of the few that has an ongoing plot, rather than "story arcs" as some comic have(i.e, Penny Arcade has Cardboard Tube Samurai) and the plot is so engaging that oftentimes the writer simply cuts out the humor and goes for a more serious, actiony Cerebus feel to it...and it works! And he cuts back to the humor of the comic so swiftly and easily.

The humor can get repetitive(I believe that Black Mage has kill the others at least 20 times now) but the sarcastic and bitterness is a humor I can really appreciate.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 30, 2009, 02:45:29 pm »
A lot of webcomics have an ongoing storyline. If you like 8-Bit, you may enjoy Bob and George (multiple ongoing storylines but no single arc) or Kid Radd (though you may need an old browser to view it correctly). Modest Destiny is fairly good too (though I stopped reading it around the time he switched to hand drawn backgrounds).

WereGeek is another good one. Xylia Tales is good, as is Pheonix Requim. And of course, PvP (though again, fewer ongoing storylines).

Webcomics may well be the hight of modern artforms, and that excites me.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 30, 2009, 02:46:58 pm »
Subnormality is the best current web comic on the Internet today. Girl Genius takes some warming up to, but I like it too.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1177 on: July 30, 2009, 02:59:15 pm »
Hmm, I'll have to check those out. My current favourite webcomic is probably Dinosaur Comics.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1178 on: July 30, 2009, 03:16:58 pm »
While I still love 8BT (though I haven't been reading since  teh earlier hundreds...>_>), no other webcomic is as great as WHITE NINJA! Gotta love that freaky weirditude.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 30, 2009, 05:02:30 pm »
Totally forgot to mention Golbin Comic, Moose Head Stew, and Hark a Vagrant. Listed in increasing order of randomness.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 30, 2009, 06:15:02 pm »
I place Order of the Stick and Questionable Content as my favorite web comics w/ an arc.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1181 on: July 30, 2009, 06:16:30 pm »
Heh, looks like I have some reading to do.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 30, 2009, 07:22:16 pm »
Just got back from my audition.  Had to wear all white head to toe.  I loked pretty damn fly if I do say so myself, a nice change of pace from the ol'jeans/hoody/cig combo.  Of course I had to change when I got home out of a need to keep it puuuuure.  Nothing worse thatn "dirty" white clothing.  The audition itself went well, as they all seem to do.  So now it's that damn waiting game. 

I also LOVE my chickens, but they worry me and I've lost tons of sleep in the past week.  They still eat, drink,  and sleep and their shit is solid, but they sneeze some and some of their affection has fluctuated a bit.  I just moved 'em to a bigger brooder so maybe they're just adjusting or maybe they're just....growing up..... :(  (they're gettin big and feathery!)

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 30, 2009, 07:29:17 pm »
Huh, what breed of chickens are they?

Just because a chicken grows up doesn't mean it can't still be cute (or awesome, as the case may be here). You ever seen a bantahm breed before? Those things are tiny, even grown up. I guarentee you that if you ever see a White Cochin hen sitting in a nester, you will have no choice but to pick it up and try and hug it.

Not... that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything... <_<...>_>...*cough*

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 30, 2009, 11:12:52 pm »
Hell Yes for beer diplomacy.

Even if nothing substantive really happens, I'd bet everyone involved feels better after a wee drop of the creature.