Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328538 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1140 on: July 25, 2009, 12:55:15 am »
I love Special Agent Fitzhugh.  And I love Buck Sagebrush (pics coming sometime over in that thread).  I've been breaking in Buck, getting him more used to the human feel, as Fitz already is under my spells. 

I also love my pasta sauce.  Not too hard to make, and I can say with confidence that is rocks!  I like canned tuna...is that ok?  Some people hate the shit and call it cat food.  I never tried anything cooking with tuna before.  I just re-read that last sentence and decided it stays anyway.  Commodus looks slick there, no doubt.  I just wish he'd quit asking his sister to lay down next to him all the time........

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 25, 2009, 01:00:52 am »
Canned tuna is awesome. And it changes spaghetti into a full meal. I have my own recipe: tuna, tomato sauce (or spaghetti sauce), olive oil, parmesan cheese, pepper, and garlic powder. Cheap and easy.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1142 on: July 25, 2009, 01:34:54 am »
Ooh, canned tuna is great!
Simple tuna bakes: Dump a can of tuna in a ball and use a fork to get it all mashed up, add two spoons of mayo, a squirt of mustard, onion and garlic powder, cajun and whatever other spices you fancy, spread on hamburger buns and put cheese (sliced or shredded) on top, then put on a cookie sheet and broil for a bit. Microwave works too. Very delicious and cheesy.
Also, try heating a can of refried beans and mixing in mild or medium salsa and a bunch of shredded or cubed cheese. Takes about five minutes, is really tasty, and come with all the normal side affects of beans~

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1143 on: July 25, 2009, 03:10:58 am »
Hah, I love canned tuna. I just had a tuna melt sandwich today. LOOOOVE tuna melts~

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1144 on: July 25, 2009, 10:48:55 am »
If that emu runs Saturn, then get NiGHTS, Astal, and Legend of Oasis. Fighting Vipers and Virtua Cop are also good but get boring after a while.
Legend of Oasis is an action rpg that plays kind of like early Zelda games. It has pretty good graphics and some cool summoned monsters, but the gameplay can be a bit frustrating at times. Still, a good game worth playing :D (then again, that could just be nostalgia talking...)

LERN YO OLDSKOOL TIMELINES! Saturn was after 32x & SCD. And if it DID, I would probably try one o' dem Panzer Dragoon games.

Whoa, V, do you know if that emulator can dump video?

I...think? I haven't messed around with all of it yet, but it seems fancy enough to be able to.

I love the color white, and I love wearing white. I finally acquired a robust pair of bright, white shorts, and I love them to death.

I have a pair of white pants and an amazingly comfy white hoodie. White is cool and nice in the sun. Pain in the ass to keep clean, of course. BEWARE BLUEBERRIES AND SPAGHETTI (NOT NECESSARILY TOGETHER)!!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 25, 2009, 03:00:57 pm »
Dungeness Crab.

And the Crustacean, a lovely place in San Fran that prepares some of the best Dungeness Crab ever.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 25, 2009, 06:18:15 pm »
My band recorded a new song at a studio and it's fantastic. Also it didn't cost us anything.
 :mrgreen: I'm excited!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 26, 2009, 12:13:42 am »
The sky wants to have thunderstorms, and it can't quite get there (as yet). It's raining, though, and very cloudy (except in the west where the sky is pink). It's also over 80 degrees here. This is uncommon weather for Seattle. I love it, though. At least...so long as I can stay inside with my precious air conditioner, which I also love.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 26, 2009, 12:36:44 am »
The Savages.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1149 on: July 26, 2009, 01:25:28 am »
J, I REALLY envy your air conditioner. The rain was really nice though as we had dinner outside and it cooled down considerably for about ten minutes. I got to lean back and shut my eyes and feel the drops on my face... it was so cool and refreshing. I can't wait for Fall to start, it is waaaay too hot right now.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 26, 2009, 01:34:23 am »
I agree with you about the heat. I am definitely not a summer type, and this week we're supposed to have temperatures in the 90s. I presume the sticky weather will be gone, but with that much extra raw heat, it'll be at least as miserable. My little air conditioner isn't powerful enough to cool my whole apartment...all it can do is take the edge off the heat in the corner of the living room where I have my office. 90-degree weather will be too much for it. I may have to evacuate to the Arctic. Maybe I'll go to Alaska...I hear they're gonna be out a governor shortly. As has been demonstrated, anybody with a pulse can be Governor of Alaska; therefore I nominate myself.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 26, 2009, 02:05:30 am »
You guys heard about the new tron movie coming out?

Win.

Either Win, or they're about to ruin a classic.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 26, 2009, 02:56:35 am »
At first I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Love thread or the Frustration thread, but after some due consideration I think it belongs here. Sarah Palin is quitting the governorship shortly, so I figured I'd offer some parting thoughts.

Sarah Palin made me angry. I found her candidacy offensive. It was an insult to the intelligence of the American people. Her problem is that she is a living caricature. All those spoofs of conservatism, all those mockeries and hyperboles...suddenly Sarah Palin came along and they all turned out to be exactly true. It was horrifying, disgusting, and insulting. Everybody gives Tina Fey credit for her Palin impersonation last year, but all she really did was play the role straight. Sarah Palin is a caricature, a caricature, and yet she's dead serious. That's what made me angry.

She is the logical culmination of conservative anti-intellectualism: a non-thinker, blind to reality, who can't govern and doesn't even want to, with beliefs that are frankly crazy. In an enlightened world or even a merely responsible one, she would never get within a moon's length of the Alaskan political stage--let alone the national stage. Yet there she was last year, potentially a heartbeat away from the highest office in the world. She got to where she was because the Republican base loves her, absolutely loves her. They love everything she claims to stand for. She is the pinnacle of their ideology. Those terrifying, awful people are the ones responsible for taking conservatism into a world so bizarre that Tim Burton and Quentin Tarantino may as well retire.

She is not just Sarah Palin. She is the symbol of what American conservatism has become. Decay, depravity, deceit...despicable. So long as a majority of the Republican base are ready to swear their allegiance to her and others like her, the GOP will remain a force of unqualified evil in this nation and the world.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 26, 2009, 12:16:56 pm »
At first I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Love thread or the Frustration thread, but after some due consideration I think it belongs here. Sarah Palin is quitting the governorship shortly, so I figured I'd offer some parting thoughts.

The things about Sarah Palin that I couldn't stand was 1. that she was seemingly chosen to be put next to the lady Clinton as though it was a one-or-the-other choice. and 2. that she made it so far and can't even "grit her teeth and bare it" until her term ends. people talkin smack? i better quit. what would have happened if she was vice president?
"Oh, the press and the other world leaders don't like me, I can tell! I gotta go home and cry, Mr. McCain. Get somebody else."
"But you're already sworn in!"
Too late, she's gone.

She buckles under pressure, and not even the hard part. The election was breezy, but now it's too hard to finish your job? For shame.

At least she's gone for now. Out of the spotlight. I love that my uber-conservative dad can knock national health insurance all he wants, but his preferred candidates for presidency all seem to have dissipated into thin air!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 26, 2009, 06:08:55 pm »
So how are y'all gonna feel when she comes roaring back in a few years for the next Presidential election?  Not that I'm looking forward to it, but being the bettin man that I am I would brace for it.  Her run as governor says more about Alaska than her, IMO.