Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328546 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1125 on: July 24, 2009, 07:26:32 am »
Audition seemed to go well...waiting game now...

But I LOVE Special Agent Fitzhugh.  We refer to the chick as a he even though it's a young hen.  Probably comes from the name.  I've been thinking VERY hard about getting him a companion.  I'm not sure.  I love the attention, he follows me everywhere, but I'm just not sure.  Everything I've read on is about several chicks at once.  My theory is to hold out with Fitz and then take on the fleet from the eggs.  We shall see.   He's hilarious, though. 

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 24, 2009, 01:57:07 pm »
What am I loving these days? This gem of a pick-up line! I gotta try this next time I'm out.  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 24, 2009, 04:09:45 pm »
Keta salmon, yo! I just bought a wicked fillet that I'm going to make on Monday. Lemon juice, salt, pepper, and so rare that the inside will still be raw.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1128 on: July 24, 2009, 04:12:39 pm »
What's REALLY good on salmon is spreading a generous layer of mayonnaise on top then sprinkling on some paprika or other spices, then putting it in the oven for about fifteen minutes (I forget how long exactly). It's very delicious, and works well with a few other almost-salmon fish too.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 24, 2009, 04:18:16 pm »
Interesting! I've never tried a salmon dish remotely like that. I'm such a purist when it comes to salmon. I can rarely afford it, so when I buy it, there are only three ways I like to eat it: sashimi, bagel and lox, and broiled (but still raw on the inside). If I ate more salmon, I'd probably try it more ways...but since I don't, I don't. Heh...humans are funny, aren't they?

I love this kid:

"Will we allow the grown-ups to foist nap-time hour upon us, or will we answer them with REVOLUTION!?!!"

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 24, 2009, 05:10:29 pm »
Huh, and I'd have thought fresh fish would have been particularly cheap where you live.

I was going to suggest a few decent brands of cheap frozen salmon, but then I realized where you live and stopped myself from making an ass of myself. It would have been like recommending fruit from Mexico to someone who lives in California.

Speaking of cooking, I love experimenting in the kitchen. I fail almost every single time I try (I apparently have no knack for the culinary arts), but it is fun nonetheless.

Only dish I ever created is really too simple to be called a dish... or to say that it took any degree of skill such as the word "create" might imply. Anywho, it’s simple and tasty from a college-guy-cooking-for-himself sort of perspective, so worthy of mentioning I suppose.

Get a few pieces of chicken breast, plop them in a pan, cover them with sliced pineapples (and pour in the pineapple juice while you're at it), cover with your preferred tomato-based sauce, cover, and let simmer for some time (15 minutes is usually enough, but because there's so much liquid one can let it simmer for 30-45 minutes without burning the food). Serve.

Minimal effort, edible product. Sadly enough, that is the height of my culinary achievements (most everything else hasn't even been edible... which didn't stop me when I was on a tight food budget).

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 24, 2009, 05:36:54 pm »
Don't worry Thought, nothing could possibly turn out as bad as my attempt at fried bananas awhile ago. Apparently there's some way to get it to work out with an edible result...but I didn't knowz it. On the other hand, grilled mozzarella cheese sandwiches with a high dose of pepper are quite nice for those who want something fast, easy and cheap.

I love fan power.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:53:15 pm by FaustWolf »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 24, 2009, 06:01:19 pm »
Don't worry Thought, nothing could possibly turn out as bad as my attempt at fried bananas awhile ago.

That, good sir, is a challenge! So now let me present the worst dish I ever concocted as an experiment. If anyone has any respect for me, this may well erase it.

Freshman year of college I tried to make soup. I had no idea what broth or stock was, so the soup lacked such things. The closest I came to a seasoning was parsley. But I really only need to tell you two ingredients to convey how bad of an idea this way. It contained peeled grapes and tuna.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1133 on: July 24, 2009, 06:05:30 pm »
This is why I stick to Cup Noodle, ramen, teriyaki takeout, and whatever doesn't actually require a stove. And in this same train of thought, I love cook books. If I have very specific instructions I can cook fairly well. I make some great cookies, but I can't make a cake worth crap. I'll defeat you one of these days, cake!

If you want a dessert thing that's super saturated with sugar, get a few big marshmallows and stand them upright, pour on some chocolate syrup, and sprinkle powdered sugar. They're like sickeningly sweet snowy mountains!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 24, 2009, 06:27:55 pm »
Anything with marshmallows always turns out great, doesn't it? But what is it with grapes? They're so hard to do anything decent with. I put 'em in a blender with orange juice once and it was the most horrible fruity concoction I ever came up with. However, since I didn't try putting tuna anywhere near the grapes, I guess Thought has one-upped me after all. Hahahah!

Gell-o made with orange juice and blueberries plopped in while it's setting has to be one of the best no-processed-sugar fruit snacks ever.

Has anyone ever tried stuffing cheese inside burger before cooking it? Like, an inside-out cheeseburger? But everyone always tells me I'm just going to end up with a bacteria-infested cheeseball in the center of the cooked burger, so I've never tried it. Even if successful, the cheese might just boil out and create a royal mess anyway I guess. I also slightly worry that the burger might explode...somehow.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1135 on: July 24, 2009, 06:32:21 pm »
So I finally broke down and got myself a new emulator. It's called "Fusion" (I guess previously known as "Kega"). It apparently emulates anything Sega up to the 32x and Sega CD (and even combining I guess). Its nice because I know I missed out on a lot being an oldschool Ninny fan. So far I only got a couple 32x games (Space Harrier, which rules but I still wish I was playing in the arcade and a lame ass Star Trek fleet training game *yawn* which I will probably get rid of)...Plan on getting Phantasy Star IV, probably some Shining Force (unless Feather makes it over to NA), and the two Lunars on SCD.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1136 on: July 24, 2009, 06:40:13 pm »
If that emu runs Saturn, then get NiGHTS, Astal, and Legend of Oasis. Fighting Vipers and Virtua Cop are also good but get boring after a while.
Legend of Oasis is an action rpg that plays kind of like early Zelda games. It has pretty good graphics and some cool summoned monsters, but the gameplay can be a bit frustrating at times. Still, a good game worth playing :D (then again, that could just be nostalgia talking...)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 24, 2009, 06:41:39 pm »
Whoa, V, do you know if that emulator can dump video?

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 24, 2009, 10:23:51 pm »
If that emu runs Saturn, then get NiGHTS, Astal, and Legend of Oasis. Fighting Vipers and Virtua Cop are also good but get boring after a while.
Legend of Oasis is an action rpg that plays kind of like early Zelda games. It has pretty good graphics and some cool summoned monsters, but the gameplay can be a bit frustrating at times. Still, a good game worth playing :D (then again, that could just be nostalgia talking...)
You're only scraping the surface! Don't forget Dark Savior, Albert Odyssey (really would like to play that again - colourful, great dialogue), Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga, Shining Force 3, Dragon Force... I really enjoyed some of the Saturn stuff. One of the best $49 I  ever spent, that system.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 24, 2009, 10:35:57 pm »
I love the color white, and I love wearing white. I finally acquired a robust pair of bright, white shorts, and I love them to death.

Commodus's uniform at the end of Gladiator is also a beautiful example of white clothing: