Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328526 times)

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1005 on: June 30, 2009, 04:46:11 pm »
I love this comic: http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/181/d/c/Chrono_Triggered_by_CrashPL.png
Yay comics! Also, there's another good one starting on deviantArt, so keep watching the Newest Chrono Trigger feed!

I love Zephira for posting this one...

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1006 on: June 30, 2009, 11:36:53 pm »
V, have you met somebody outside the internet who actually knows about Earthbound? Like, some random guy in Gamestop the other day, I thought he might know about it, and the look on his face instantly told me otherwise. Most people just give me a strange look.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 30, 2009, 11:38:32 pm »
My best friend knows Earthbound. We beat Gyigas together last month on his SNES copy of the game.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:01:01 am by Temporal Knight »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1008 on: June 30, 2009, 11:46:06 pm »
People outside of the internet who know about Earthbound...
My dad, all my brothers, step brothers, step sisters (eight altogether?), a few of my cousins, almost everyone in my program at school, my uncle in england, all my family in the southern states, just about anyone I talked to in this city... Yeah, I'd say Earthbound is pretty popular. My favourite line in the game is "Suddenly, Poo fell from the sky!"

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 30, 2009, 11:48:41 pm »
No...best use of lines in Earthbound's battle system.

http://saladbowl.deviantart.com/art/Earthbound-Comic-Strip-66105204

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #1010 on: June 30, 2009, 11:58:12 pm »
I thought it was hilarious when the Skater Punk "became tame." It made sense with dogs and crows, but it just sounds silly when applied to robots/people/inanimate objects.

Granted, I never even went into Giant Step. I was playing a ROM version and I need to get back to it. The battle difficulty curve is more like a difficulty cliff, though...every new area is twice as hard as the last...

So I've heard, and so it seemed from the first two stages. ^^ Don't worry, I'll finish it one day!

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 01, 2009, 12:02:54 am »
Giygas is harder than he should be.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1012 on: July 01, 2009, 12:25:36 am »
Any RPG fan who's of SNES-era or older should know about Earthbound whether they like it or not...Plus, there's a shitload of people who play SSB, right? Ness is in all of them.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 01, 2009, 12:44:46 am »
I've only played very little of it, but I have several friends (Real life friends, not internet friends) who are practically obsessed with it, and I have a brother who beat it a few weeks ago. 

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1014 on: July 01, 2009, 12:57:29 am »
Jesus, I guess I'm the only person in my freaking City who knows about Earthbound, then...

Giygas scared the shit out of me the first time I fought him.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 01, 2009, 06:01:09 am »
Def. one of the more epic boss battles.  That game is loads of fun.  Damn bizarre though.  Some of the dialogue make me laugh out loud, but when Mr. Saturn talks my head hurts...

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 01, 2009, 07:07:25 am »
I love the Giyjas battle too, epic and dramatic at the same time. I always wondered how Itoi got such brilliant idea until I found where the inspiration come from based on his interview . He say he got it from the result of traumatic childhood event. He accidentally view a wrong movie in a theater, unfortunately the movie featured a graphic rape scene that traumatized him. Later he integrated the scene into the Giyjas battle.

I love accidental inspiration  8)

But still, I feel very sorry towards Itoi.....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:55:09 am by kid123 »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 01, 2009, 06:38:10 pm »
I love the weather we had in June. There was a solid week of Wretched Heat at the beginning of the month, which was a rude awakening from the deliciously cool and wet spring we'd had, but this heatwave tempered me for the warm season, and every day since then has either felt glorious or merely nice. We've had refreshing cloudy days, brilliant sunshiny days, and this persistent "little cross-breeze that could" who makes my apartment feel like a refreshing open-air villa. Seriously, this is about as nice as warm-season weather gets. I love it!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 02, 2009, 02:47:54 pm »
Zeality.

Well, to be fair, Zeality and everyone else here who has the "damn etiquette, I'll change the world or develop hypertension trying!" level of passion and dedication that Z's the poster-boy for (it's a tall poster).

I occasionally get depressed by the apathy in modern culture (see the frustration thread for details), but there are few cures like skimming through the Springtime of Youth forum or reading one of Z's more passionate posts.

You'all have done the impossible, and that makes you mighty.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1019 on: July 02, 2009, 06:07:08 pm »
I love this website. It's very refreshing and enlightening to read all the discussions and debates that go on here. It's really surprising how many intelligent and extremely literate people gather here. While it is quite an exercise trying to keep up, I am glad to be a part of it.
And I'll have to second Thought's last post here.

I love how there is a thread just for things we love. Reading through it is a great way to lift one's spirits.
I love the cross breeze that J mentioned earlier. It could be a bit stronger, but it is still a good companion when walking to the store in this heat.

I also love what Ramsus did to his hair in the Pictures thread. Stylin!