Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328631 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #990 on: June 29, 2009, 02:18:23 pm »
So, my computer got wiped recently and I have to reinstall everything. I went to reinstall Starcraft and realized I didn't know where the discs were. But! While cleaning out my room the other day I found a Starcraft box in this chest in my room. I thought it was a new BattleChest set and pulled it out to get the discs. Turns out it's not a battle chest, but the very Starcraft vanilla box that we got when it came out in 1998, still in one piece. I could've sworn someone had thrown that away, so finding that just made my day.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 29, 2009, 02:32:49 pm »
So, my computer got wiped recently and I have to reinstall everything. I went to reinstall Starcraft and realized I didn't know where the discs were. But! While cleaning out my room the other day I found a Starcraft box in this chest in my room. I thought it was a new BattleChest set and pulled it out to get the discs. Turns out it's not a battle chest, but the very Starcraft vanilla box that we got when it came out in 1998, still in one piece. I could've sworn someone had thrown that away, so finding that just made my day.

I love that game. That was my first online multiplayer experience.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #992 on: June 29, 2009, 02:36:21 pm »
My first online multiplayer experience was a 2v2 match on Battle.net. I picked random race and got Teal Protoss. My partner and I won that match and it's been my favourite race ever since and now I always use teal in Warcraft and Starcraft matches in class. It's my lucky colour!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 29, 2009, 03:06:22 pm »
Ah, good ol Starcraft. Still one of my favorite games; the delicate balance between the three sides and unique play styles of each is the stuff of gaming legends.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 29, 2009, 07:00:08 pm »
So, at my favorite cafe they serve this Egyptian lentil soup that makes me all atwitter! I tracked down my own recipe and have made it a few times. Delicious! I use more lemon than they do.

If you're ever in the mood for something cheap, simple, and scrumptious:

Red lentils
Lemon juice
Cumin
Salt
Water

That's all you need. Don't put it too much cumin or salt. Don't put in too much water, either: It should have the consistency of porridge. On the other hand, put in as much friggin' lemon juice as you DARE HANDLE !!

If you've never tried that particular combination of flavors, I think you'll be in for a treat. I made a pot last night and it's already half gone.

I also love the weather we've had in Seattle for the past few weeks. That's all going to come to an end this week, but, damn...cool breezes, sunny afternoons, roving packs of clouds...it's been a good time here in the City.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #995 on: June 29, 2009, 08:49:05 pm »
I love that our Frustration thread has long since been in the 200s (of pages) and even the Slogan thread has gotten to 100, but the Love thread? Only the upper 60s...

Take THAT, harmony! :lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:01 pm »
That's why I always post something in here if I'm venting a frustration. It's easy enough to find both, and important to embrace both. I hate to see the Frustration Thread winning out so decisively. That frustrates me!

Er...

*goes to other topic*

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 29, 2009, 09:23:09 pm »
There are few joys in the world as pleasing as leaving work, walking out to one's car, and seeing a corgi looking out the window, eager to spot you.

Actually, that is part a larger joy; the best parts of life often come after unpleasantness. Sitting is so much nicer when one is tired from standing, air conditioning is much sweeter when one is sweating, the touch of a loved one more treasured when preceded by absence.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 30, 2009, 04:32:21 am »
I just learned pointers.  And how to use them (in C++ of course).

I LOVE this.

however, as a countereffect, I am frustrated that my Comp Sci one class couldn't take the time to teach us C++ instead of java (or atleast EXPLAIN pointers).

Ramsus made me feel like a noob when he asked me if I understood pointers, that one time a long time ago.

I blame Java and UNT.  and my business computer programming class that I took in the 10th grade.  We used C++ in that class, and they still didn't teach pointers to me. *grr*

I am teaching myself C++... but what I can't wait for is the part where I learn to make windows apps with them.  Thats when I will start workin with the good stuff!

=D

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 30, 2009, 09:10:48 am »
Just sat on my favorite chair outside with my cat on my lap, watching local cats pass by. :P My cat - an indoor cat - likes to "cat watch". Taking her outside is a special treat, and she really likes it. It's relaxing for me, too!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1000 on: June 30, 2009, 01:55:00 pm »
I love this comic: http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/181/d/c/Chrono_Triggered_by_CrashPL.png
Yay comics! Also, there's another good one starting on deviantArt, so keep watching the Newest Chrono Trigger feed!

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1001 on: June 30, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »
I love obscure video games.

AHEMEARTHBOUNDTERRANIGMASEIKENDENSETSU3AHEM
Obscure games outside of the intranetz, of course.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1002 on: June 30, 2009, 04:08:02 pm »
I assume you mean Mother (aka "Earthbound ZERO"), not Earthbound since it's fairly well-known...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1003 on: June 30, 2009, 04:25:07 pm »
I love deviantArt's stock photo gallery. You can find a model there for practically any project! Most of their photos are professional quality and very high resolution, too, so they're easy to work with.

I also love my tablet. Pretty soon I'm going to have to celebrate its fourth birthday :D

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 30, 2009, 04:28:39 pm »
Arthur Maia.  Best bassist ever?  I like him more than Wooten or Pastorius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsd5XI4QS3M