Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328515 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #855 on: May 09, 2009, 01:26:25 am »
I just saw two hours of a movie called Shogun, It was really good I didn't have time for the whole thing though. I need to get that thing, its a book too I found out.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 09, 2009, 03:06:23 am »
I love my girlfriend. She has a penis.

Hopefully not in a jar.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 09, 2009, 12:30:48 pm »
I just saw two hours of a movie called Shogun, It was really good I didn't have time for the whole thing though. I need to get that thing, its a book too I found out.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,4011/

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 10, 2009, 03:22:01 am »
I just owned the shit out of comedy tonight.  I've NEVER had a crowd laughing so hard...and SHEEEIT it feels good!  GOOD TO BE BACK ON TRACK!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 10, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »
Dogs; I could probably wax psuedo-poetically about the relationship between a dog and its owner, but I suppose first and foremost in my mind currently is that dogs bring a much-needed degree of simplicity into modern life.

I'll second this one. Dogs are one of my favorite parts of life, which is one of the reasons I decided to devote my life to their care. Just the other day, I met a guy who said that his life was saved by his little yorkie companion. The yorkie apparently pulled a Lassie and alerted others to his masters location as he was dying from alcohol poisoning, allowing paramedics to save his life just in the nick of time. In return, he decided to give the dog the whole nine yards of medical workup (he had been overdue on vaccinations for 4 years, never put on heartworm prevention or tested for heartworm disease, etc.), and he spent hundreds of dollars to make sure his friend was taken care of.

A touching story, I thought. 

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 10, 2009, 10:42:09 pm »
I read Shogun for World History class back in high school... I don't remember much besides the gai-jin's pecker being referred to by the Japos as his "heavenly spear" and that the one samurai banged a young woman while he had a young-ish boy coming up behind him. Then, when the samurai fell asleep, the girl and boy went at it.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 13, 2009, 11:34:51 am »

Book is a brutally long read, but well worth it. The movie was actually a tv mini series. It was well done, but the book is still better.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #862 on: May 14, 2009, 04:33:14 pm »
I love Thought's new avatar. It is so happy and makes me happy whenever I see it. Pancakes!
Anyone else have something simple/stupid that makes you really really happy for no real reason?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #863 on: May 14, 2009, 05:48:12 pm »
LOST, although I have half a mind to make this post in the Frustration thread as well.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 14, 2009, 07:54:29 pm »
I love that it's never a chore to post in here. (I make it a point to post in here if I'm going to post in the Frustrations thread.) I also love cold, rainy weather in mid-May. That's not trivial for me. The blue skies and high temperatures of summer are as repugnant to me as the endless gloom of winter is for most others. I'm about to sprint through a four-month period of sweat, squinting eyes, and freeway noise. (When I open my windows, the roar of the freeway fills my apartment.) Thus, the present respite is quite welcome! The Invisible Pink Unicorn (BBHH) has smiled upon me these past few days.

Oh, and speaking of that freeway noise, it's totally worth it. I'm above the freeway, not below it. I have a view of everything west of here. I definitely love that!

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2009, 04:30:57 am »
You've got it made, Josh.

I'm agreeing with the above. A cold, rainy day is always satisfying.

Also, I love playing guitar. It releases a lot of stress and anger while taking my mind off of a lot of bullshit.

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2009, 04:17:45 pm »
Personally, I love RPGs with plots so complex that you have to read analysis articles on them. ;) Nothing titillates me more than escapism that utterly confounds me in the process. I also love lipstick and have quite a collection! I also adore cats, particularly, my cat Booshki. She is usually up to no good, but I love her all the same. Lastly, I love and am addicted to educational television. National Geographic, Science Channel, and the Travel Channel are all candy for my mind. I especially enjoy specials about anything involving space... or volcanoes. Either way!

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 17, 2009, 06:00:59 pm »
I love Thought's new avatar. It is so happy and makes me happy whenever I see it. Pancakes!
Anyone else have something simple/stupid that makes you really really happy for no real reason?

The fact that Al Franken looks like the Joker in this photo?  (attached)
I still haven't thought of a good caption for it.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 17, 2009, 08:14:56 pm »
I love that perhaps now my earl grey tea won't come from a war zone.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 17, 2009, 08:26:19 pm »
Was Earl Grey gathered from Sri Lanka all this time J?