Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328508 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #810 on: April 21, 2009, 04:43:51 pm »
I love my Grandma.
I get home from school, and there's eggs and toast and a glass of milk waiting for me. Yay food!

Also, the cherry blossom tree just outside my window is blooming. It's really fun to watch the petals fly everywhere.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #811 on: April 22, 2009, 01:09:28 am »
FW totally read my mind about those Triforce threads, awesome! ^_^

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 23, 2009, 10:16:03 am »
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was effing amazing! Such a great, touching anime. I've now found an anime I'm willing to say beats out Akira as my fav anime of all time. Yeah, I went there!

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 23, 2009, 12:07:03 pm »
Chess. I challenge any and ALL!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 23, 2009, 12:20:21 pm »
Friends. I make music as a solo artist or what have you, and after playing and singing a song for a friend, he recommended I sing for HIS friend's band, which is looking for a vocalist. I happened to have the guy's number already so I called him and I'm trying out tonight!

If sparks fly, this could be rather fun. I haven't been in a band with other people since high school, as it's very hard to find a group of musicians all on the same page, with each person playing a different instrument and having a practice space available.

Here's hoping!

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 23, 2009, 12:40:46 pm »
I dare you to take on Parker. He will make you cry in shame.

I love iced tea. It's just... so yummy. I don't know why I hated it before, though!

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 23, 2009, 04:03:14 pm »
Friends. I make music as a solo artist or what have you, and after playing and singing a song for a friend, he recommended I sing for HIS friend's band, which is looking for a vocalist. I happened to have the guy's number already so I called him and I'm trying out tonight!

If sparks fly, this could be rather fun. I haven't been in a band with other people since high school, as it's very hard to find a group of musicians all on the same page, with each person playing a different instrument and having a practice space available.

Here's hoping!

I do some songwriting and play guitar and sing a little bit... Came to school for music business to figure out how to get myself a record deal and then in 4 years decided I dunno how much I wanna be on the road all year long even if I can improve my singing and guitar enough to get that...

Having said that, I do still love songwriting. The feeling of sitting there and putting down words in a rhythmic pattern that nobody has heard yet, and being able to sing along with it is wunderbar.

And chess is good, though I haven't played in years... Online game sometime?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 23, 2009, 04:50:26 pm »
Creative writing.

It's such a wonderful outlet. At times it feels like a good writing session is better than a good night's sleep.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 23, 2009, 05:29:56 pm »
Mr. B I hope that it works out for you.  I miss being in a band so much sometimes...of course being a drummer it's usually easier for me to find people to jam with.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 23, 2009, 08:09:00 pm »
I dare you to take on Parker. He will make you cry in shame.

Honestly, I don't care if I win or lose, or who I play. I lost horribly to a rival the other day, and all I wanted to do was play again just for the sake of playing.

Quote from: RedNeckJiuJitsu
And chess is good, though I haven't played in years... Online game sometime?

If I can find a website to do that on.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 27, 2009, 04:22:45 pm »
November.

Not the month, the character (and thus subsequently the actress) from Joss Whedon's new series, Dollhouse.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 27, 2009, 07:21:04 pm »
Has Dollhouse picked up yet? I tried watching the series for a while, but always found myself yawning within the first 15 minutes of every show and wondering why it seemed like it was lasting longer than the canceled Christian Slater show My Own Worst Enemy (hello almost identical concept!)...

Speaking of Joss Whedon, I just started to watch Firefly (never had the chance before) and it definitely deserves to get put in this thread. I only watched the first 3 episodes and I'm ALREADY sad that it got s-canned...I'm gonna have to watch the movie again (which I saw before I started to watch the series :lol:) afterwords...Makes me happier that I've seen so much of the cast in other great~good things since they were on Firefly (the movie Slither, that Chuck show, and of course that Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles show)...

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 28, 2009, 12:19:19 am »
Yeah, Summer Glau is a fantastic actress, and in Terminator, she's actually pretty attractive too. She's kinda creepy in Firefly.

I too saw Serenity (the movie) before watching the show (I specify the movie because unfortunately the pilot episode is also titled "Serenity" and is also an hour and a half and can be a bit confusing if you're just looking at a filename and play-time), but come on? A space western? Instant win. So I bought the series on iTunes, which I don't reccommend for people who are aspect-ratio crazy like myself, as the iTunes versions are cropped to 4:3 instead of the widescreen format in which it was originally filmed. It didn't bug me enough not to watch, and I have to say that show's right up there with Futurama and Arrested Development as far as quality that got cancelled. (Also, Futurama got four movies post-cancellation and Arrested Development the Movie is in the works. FULL CIRCLE BABY!)

I've seen three or four episodes of Dollhouse, but it really seems like Firefly characters re-hashed into a contemporary setting, without the mystery. I really liked the second episode when she was hunted, and the third gives some background info on the characters if I'm not mistaken, but I failed to pay much more attention to it after that.

But V, make sure you see the Firefly episode titled "Out of Gas" just because it's fantastic. That is, it's fantastic IF you like understanding how everybody got to where they are.

And for now, I bid you all adieu, as The Colbert Report is about to come on. I love Stephen Colbert. Lately he hasn't been as laugh out loud funny, but his show is pretty sharp. I actually find it to be less funny after watching The Daily Show, hence my posting now. See ya in 30 haha.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 28, 2009, 12:30:05 am »
Quote from: Mr Bekkler
Yeah, Summer Glau is a fantastic actress, and in Terminator, she's actually pretty attractive too. She's kinda creepy in Firefly.
Hahaha, I haven't seen Firefly, but she really creeped me out in the later half of Terminator's second season sometimes, so I probably can't begin to imagine how Whedon wrote her part.

I'll say that I love Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles precisely because of how flawed I felt it was. The series managed to deliver some really, really spectacular episodes -- "Dungeons and Dragons"; "Alison From Palmdale"; "Self-Made Man" -- along with really, really sucktastic episodes, all before completely jumping the shark on its way out. It's like a complete study of what to do and what not to do in writing, all wrapped up into one neat package.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 28, 2009, 01:08:18 am »
Terminator comes out in exactly a month (I believe). I'm pretty excited about it. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors so I have high hopes that this movie will not royally suck.