Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328384 times)

Daniel Krispin

Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #795 on: April 13, 2009, 05:02:38 pm »
Leonard Cohen.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 13, 2009, 05:32:34 pm »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #797 on: April 14, 2009, 09:20:33 pm »
I love my tablet.
I just replaced the pen nib after using the same one for a little under three years. It's amazing how much shorter the old one is than the new one. Yay tablets!

Also, does anyone know if the Intuos 4 is any better than the Intuos 3?

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 16, 2009, 08:10:51 pm »
Just got called in to read for the producers of this movie.  I hope it's a good sign and I hope I don't muff it.  For as much of a drag it is to have to wait or to not get a role for smallest thing, getting called in to read for something is always damn exciting.

Here's to kicking ass and chewing bubblegum!

And I just ran out of bubblegum...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #799 on: April 16, 2009, 08:19:31 pm »
Good luck Shee!
When you get the role, you'd better let us in on the midnight showing :D

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 19, 2009, 05:51:41 pm »
Thanks for the support!  As stated in other threads, it dind't work out.  So it goes.  What I DO love, though, is the NBA playoffs.  Anyone else watching?  Granted, I am the resident sports junkie it seems so I guess i can't be too surprised if the response is small.  Don't hate, sometimes hoops is all I got!!!

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 20, 2009, 12:27:51 am »
I've never been a sports fan.  I like playing them, but I just don't really find that much entertainment seeing a bunch of guys throwing, shooting, whacking or some other activity involving a ball.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 20, 2009, 10:53:33 am »
Aye, Delta, I'm the same way. Though I do enjoy sporting events for the social situations; the fact that there is a game going on is of secondary or lower importance. It just gives a bunch of friends an excuse to get together, eat really unhealthy food, and talk.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 20, 2009, 01:05:56 pm »
Although I do like the super bowl commercials.   :D

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 20, 2009, 02:46:20 pm »
I've never been a sports fan.  I like playing them, but I just don't really find that much entertainment seeing a bunch of guys throwing, shooting, whacking or some other activity involving a ball.

I agree, but I can see where the appeal comes from. I think George Carlin said it best, but I can't remember what he said so to paraphrase: Sports
(specifically football, soccer, hockey, stuff like that) are miniature, commercialized versions of war. You have your red vs. blue, everyone picks a side and gets involved as though it were actually them fighting/playing. They try to take each other's land with posession of a weapon/ball/puck/whatever that the other side desperately wants to get to. In theory, it's pretty exciting. In practice, it's fun to be involved in the actual sport/battle, but watching it seems to fall short of entertainment.

I used to love watching people play video games. Now I'd much rather play or get that crap outta here. Same thing.

Although I do like the super bowl commercials.   :D
Agreed again. They pump so much money into them, there's always at least a gem or two.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #805 on: April 20, 2009, 07:41:26 pm »
I enjoy watching some sports...Football (Americano), Tennis (usually just womens for no other reason than to see girls like Sharapova scream their lungs out, but I'll watch mens occasionally as well), X-games (fruit booting is not an X-game to me though and never will be) and a slew of Olympics stuff...

Mostly I see it as the thrill & excitement of seeing these people who are the best living their lives by focusing on precise physical conditioning. This is exemplified in Football, I think, because each position is so specialized and different from one another but still relies on one another (the "team" concept)...One weak link can bring down the whole chain, but sometimes it can be countered with other exceptionally strong points...Seeing what can or could be done with one's body is amazing to me.

Then there's also the cultural aspects of having teams or players represent various regions which can be interesting for completely different reasons.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 20, 2009, 09:47:07 pm »
Man, Sharapova and several other women on the tennis circuit are friggin' hot, like where it's not even debatable.  But the grunting...oh man the grunting.  If you weren't watching the screen but could hear the audio, it would sound like a mix of rape, giving birth, a nasty poo, and getting stabbed.  Not a pleasant mix.  The worst though, was a male.  Gustavo Kuerten.  I think he might of taken the French Open a few years back.  Big grunter.  His was more of a teasing constipation.

The Magic muffed it against the 76ers..can't be having that anymore.  I am, at the time of this posting, watching the Bulls go toe to toe with the Celtics.  I hate the Celtics.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #807 on: April 21, 2009, 12:36:17 am »
Speaking of which, after going over my freeones (a site I also love) list I apparently love them Czech/Russian girls...Oooooooh yeah. Not that I have a favorite country of origin for fav female types or anything...but they sure do pump out the fine ones at a fairly consistent rate...

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 21, 2009, 01:37:13 am »
I agree, but I can see where the appeal comes from. I think George Carlin said it best, but I can't remember what he said so to paraphrase: Sports
(specifically football, soccer, hockey, stuff like that) are miniature, commercialized versions of war. You have your red vs. blue, everyone picks a side and gets involved as though it were actually them fighting/playing. They try to take each other's land with posession of a weapon/ball/puck/whatever that the other side desperately wants to get to. In theory, it's pretty exciting. In practice, it's fun to be involved in the actual sport/battle, but watching it seems to fall short of entertainment.

Oh, you just had to quote Carlin.

Must... resist... urge... to post... entire... Baseball VS Football... segment... >_<

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 21, 2009, 11:03:37 am »
Seeing what can or could be done with one's body is amazing to me.

I generally find the drive that leads one to do such to be far more interesting than the end goal itself. As such, I love the biographies that they'll sometimes give for athletes during the olympics, often more than the events themselves.

mmm... biographies.