Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 333030 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #750 on: March 26, 2009, 07:20:05 pm »
What I've found is that when you write stuff at first you're like OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!!! Then, after you write the rest of it or let it sit for a year or two, you come back and it's all complete and utter garbage.

That's a sign of your development. The good news is that at this point in my life I have enough writing behind me that I can look back and find bits that have aged well, and so I can happily report that even a decidedly imperfect writer can have the occasional stroke of genius.

I'm familiar with that effect. There's a ton of old stuff I wrote for projects and such, and it's really dull compared to what I have now. For instance, I used to sort of drift in and out of using RPG Maker and working on a game, and it wasn't until recently I got the determination to really go for it, and work on a project that I was really satisfied doing and could enjoy working on. Looking at my writing and ideas now, I've really matured a lot.

...I feel great.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 26, 2009, 07:52:06 pm »
I don't need to wait that long to see something that's already wrong with my Chrono: TTSOD fic.

I need to switch around the main lead's prologues: Looking back, Schala's part should really come first. Second, I need to change some inconsistencies concerning another character's appearance.

With all this talk of writing ideas looking good on paper (ha ha ha), but not quite standing the test of time, I wonder if I should send someone a complete outline of my story (spoilers and all). I mean, I think I have a good premise, but I also think it would be wise to get a second opinion for something this big.

Might as well. It's not like anybody's given me any feedback/criticisms anyway. :(

But who to ask... gotta be somebody who's been here a while, and has a good amount of knowledge on the theories and facts of the series. I'm thinking Faustwolf is my safest bet, but he might be too busy for something like that...

I'll figure it out eventually, I guess. :?

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 26, 2009, 08:19:07 pm »
Garfield Minus Garfield

Utter brilliance, funny enough that I cry almost every time I read a strip, and an impressively simple concept.
Hear hear.

I have to admit I think it's kinda depressing...
That's one of the reasons it's hilarious. 

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2009, 05:04:45 pm »
I always felt bad for Jon.....

Anyway I love doing standup comedy.  Three nights in a row this week!  BOOYA

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:44 pm »
I always felt bad for Jon.....

Anyway I love doing standup comedy.  Three nights in a row this week!  BOOYA

Record it and post it here please.  :D

EDIT: I can't spell apparently.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:57:09 pm by chrono eric »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #755 on: March 28, 2009, 12:40:30 am »
Good luck with your gigs, Shee! We're all cheering for you!

I love tape. I finally got my headphones to sit right! Oh, and diet coke. And pizza! And spriting. Yeah. I love a lot of stuff right now.
Also World of Warcraft Tavern Music album. Such pretty musics.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 28, 2009, 05:57:55 pm »
Y'all are great!  I had one of those dewey eyed smiles last night as I read the encouragement.  Maybe it's because I was already ornery and half drunk.  Before I get to that, funny story.

I'm playin' college hoops 2k8, and I'm down by 7 before the end of the first half, 'bout 2 minutes to go.  I sub in all my starters and start puttin' on the music on the ol' 360, which is something I normally don't do because I try to play to the rhythm of the music instead of the hoops.  Anyway, my Heineken was telling me to play music, so i did.  On shuffle.  First (and subsequently only) song to pop up?  The Undersea Palace OST.  What happens next can only be described as hoops magic as I go into the locker room with an 8 point lead.  4 POINT PLAY!  Fouled on the 3 attempt and STILL sank it!  Only the UNdersea Palace could allow that!  But, I had to turn it off in the second half as I opened with 2 turnovers...LOVE IT!

ANYWAY y'all asked so here you are:  it's a performance of mine from last October in DC.  It's a small crowd and it's earlier in my comedy career, but hopefully you'll find laughs.  This material has gotten better since this time and I've got new stuff, too.  One of these performances coming up is going to be recorded I'm sure....but this is all I have for now....geez everyone is gonna know my full name and sheeeeit....

Foul Language, so you know...
/disclaimer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsg5dA-Y4vU

There are 3 parts...this is a link to the first...enjoy!

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 28, 2009, 06:02:12 pm »
^  Herpes *is* funny  :lol:

No time to watch the rest though, off to work.  I'll definitely check them out tonight tho'.

Too bad the sound quality is, well...  shit.  But can't expect much more from a handheld camera like that.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #758 on: March 28, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »
Pretty funny stuff Shee :D Kinda want to try that Herpes commercial prank now.
Hope you get better sound quality on your next recording. Gotta show this to my family. They love standup.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 28, 2009, 06:18:05 pm »
THANKS GUYS!!  I really appreciate it.  Most people who have watched liked parts 2 and 3 the best, but the problem is that quality is awful.

I swear that the next will be better!!!!!!!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 28, 2009, 08:58:26 pm »
Dude Shee you're pretty damned good.

"If you have an erection for more than 4 hours you shouldn't seek a doctor immediately, you should seek a new girlfriend immediately because someone's not doing their job"

lmao  :lol:. I think I may have to steal that joke from you.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:00:10 pm by chrono eric »

idioticidioms

« Reply #761 on: March 30, 2009, 03:21:11 am »
I am now a fan of Shee. God, that guy holding the camera has the funniest laugh, though. Reminds me of Goofy's Heee-yuck laugh. In the first one, you seemed more nervous than in the other two, so I think that's what affected your performance, but you definitely have good stage performance and some pretty good jokes. Can't wait to see more.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 30, 2009, 12:56:32 pm »
Nice stuff, Shee.

It would be kinda weird to see a mafia hitman in a yellow tracksuit. :P

idioticidioms

« Reply #763 on: March 30, 2009, 08:31:27 pm »
actually, when you think about, it would be the perfect cover. Imagine if you will, Shee in a Yellow tracksuit and a headband, running laps and some guy starts talking shit, so he walks up to him and slaps him lightly in the face, I think the conversation would go something like this.

"You tracksuit makes you look gay!"
*slaps* "I know you did not just call my tracksuit gay"
"You're right, I called you gay."
"obviously, you do not know who it is that you are messing with."
"oh yeah? and who is that"
*snaps fingers and two mafia goons appear out of nowhere and drags the idiot off*
"oh, nobody in particular"
*returns to jogging*

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 30, 2009, 11:52:47 pm »
I have a little over 5 pounds of pork tenderloin cooked up, and I'm all alone with it...yum!

EDIT:  ugg...post needs move to the frustration thread, I've had to much white meat not feel great...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:03:37 am by KebreI »