Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328623 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #720 on: March 16, 2009, 05:51:08 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen an S coin. Does San Fransisco only mint certain coins?
I'm pretty sure the state quarters only come from Philadelphia and Denver.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 16, 2009, 06:09:06 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen an S coin. Does San Fransisco only mint certain coins?
I'm pretty sure the state quarters only come from Philadelphia and Denver.
Actually apparently they're blank as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Mint

So no S mark on anything but bills produced there.  My mistake.

Edit:  Apparently they only make proof coinage now, so nothing they produce goes into circulation.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:11:28 pm by FouCapitan »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 17, 2009, 01:51:10 pm »
I've been collecting quarters for a few years now and recently I've started collecting the dollar coins with the Presidents.  Recently got Harrison.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 18, 2009, 04:20:44 am »
I love Alen Menken's music. He is a genius.

idioticidioms

« Reply #724 on: March 18, 2009, 08:05:28 pm »
I love me. God, I'm sexy. :P

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 18, 2009, 08:27:25 pm »
Yes, you're very sexy. [/gay]

I love Robo's theme. I also love Red Seal Straight, long cut. It tastes like black cherry flavored tobacco.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 18, 2009, 10:14:12 pm »
Still loving Street Fighter IV. I'm not too great at it, but I'm improving.

I also love Smithwick's, Slim Jims, and Chicken Franchese.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 18, 2009, 10:54:15 pm »
I love reading this certain comic, which after half a year or so of lateness, it finally arrives to it's 400th chapter. Yes, finally!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:06:44 pm by Acacia Sgt »

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 19, 2009, 12:47:21 am »
Just an update:  I was iffy about the Yasunori Mitsuda radio on pandora.com, but after some tweaking I don't think I've heard a song I don't like now for many many songs.  It's been wonderful coding music.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 19, 2009, 07:34:37 pm »
MARCH MADNESS IS HERE!!!

Couldn't have come at a better time for me.  Anyone else here fill out a bracket?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2009, 12:24:18 am »
I love watching the Republican Party descend into utter lunacy. The latest inanity is that dictionaries have a liberal bias? Seriously!

Compendiumites, this is the embarrassing spectacle of a cultural movement in its death throes. What began with Barry Goldwater ends with Bill O'Reilly, and I think it'll be a long time before the American right finds a new philosophy for itself. There's no such thing as "conservatism" anymore...just a funny farm with Ronald Reagan padded wallpaper where everybody rolls around on the floor frothing at the mouth and shouting out the occasional slogan like "family values" or "big government."

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2009, 03:59:14 am »
I love watching the Republican Party descend into utter lunacy. The latest inanity is that dictionaries have a liberal bias? Seriously!

Compendiumites, this is the embarrassing spectacle of a cultural movement in its death throes. What began with Barry Goldwater ends with Bill O'Reilly, and I think it'll be a long time before the American right finds a new philosophy for itself. There's no such thing as "conservatism" anymore...just a funny farm with Ronald Reagan padded wallpaper where everybody rolls around on the floor frothing at the mouth and shouting out the occasional slogan like "family values" or "big government."
Spoken like a true gloating liberal.

Actually I can't argue your main point though, I do agree that the republicans have been making fools of themselves for quite a while now.  I don't agree with everything O'Reilly or Hannity have to say...  I'm more on the lines of Mark Levine, who just gets pissed off at everybody in government.

To me conservatism should stop at government practice, and stay out of the religious family orientations.  I'm a 26 year old single man who has seen both my mother and sister go through divorces.  The sanctity of marriage is a crock without adding gays into the mix, so to hell with any politicians who want to ride that wave of nonsense.

I apologize, this kind of talk belongs in the frustration thread.  Time for some happy.

I like zombie movies.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2009, 10:53:01 am »
Equinox, yo!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 21, 2009, 11:17:22 pm »

Well dictionaries are certainly more progressive than conservative, as indicated by the very fact that they keep adding new words each year and adjusting meanings to fit the current usage.

Imagine, if you will, dictionaries being controlled by hardline conservatives. Instead of "Automobile" we'd have "Horseless Carriage," "synergy" would be totally absent, and it is even dubious as to if "epigenetic" would be included. I'm sure one could think of more humerous examples, too.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:23 am »
I like zombie movies.

28 Days Later.

Not 28 Weeks Later.