Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328403 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #540 on: February 03, 2009, 03:39:19 am »
Where you going in Oregon dood?

I'm trying for Southern Oregon University, since I have a love for Theatre and since it's close to Ashland, where I can get some experience in Shakespeare.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #541 on: February 03, 2009, 03:42:28 am »
What do I love?
I love Kane on RAW. Randy Orton was being a bitch and hospitalized the old guy who runs the show, right after he got back from an extended stay in the hospital. Kane, being the kind and caring soul he is (*cough*), called up his brother the Undertaker to have him come beat up on Orton. Next week's show is gonna be fuuuun.

...And I can't believe I just wrote that. Wrestling is soap opera for men, with spandex. But I just can't stop watching!
I miss Kane when he had his mask on. Ahh, such wonderful childhood memories...

I had my wrestling days back in the golden age of WCW vs. nWo. I was there when Sting beat Hogan at Starrcade, although I was a total mark for the good guys. I'd probably have more fun watching that now (maybe I'd even go for the nWo).
I envy you Zeality. I was too young to go, or really remember what happened in most of the matches. At least I'll always have WCW vs. nWo for the N64!
I think I watched more when it was still called WWF. They had to change the name because of an animal rights group that popped up under the same abbreviation and complained. Course, the World Wrestling Federation came first, but that didn't stop those animal rights people.

Sting, Goldberg and Kane will always hold a special place in my heart :D
EDIT: And I just remembered... Kane's name is Glen. Frog suddenly that much cooler?

Fou, please enlighten me, what's the difference between beer and ale?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 03:45:04 am by Zephira »

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 03, 2009, 03:57:48 am »
I think I watched more when it was still called WWF. They had to change the name because of an animal rights group that popped up under the same abbreviation and complained. Course, the World Wrestling Federation came first, but that didn't stop those animal rights people.

The WWF was the true golden age, back in the days of Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake Roberts, Undertaker, and Hulk Hogan (Before NWO crap came along)

Ale is actually just a type of beer, but it's damn good.  Of course, anything is damn good compared to the large chain breweries (Budweiser/Coors/Heineken/etc)

I get mine from Breckenridge.  You know it's good because there's a huge happy motherfuckin' sun on the front!

Funny fact, that Budweiser glass has never had Budweiser in it.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 03, 2009, 04:34:44 am »
Yea Hulkster, Ultimate Warrior, Andre, etc. etc.etc was the Golden Age, especially because no one knew it was fake, or at least predetermined.  but Stone Cold, The Rock, The Corporation, Brood...all that....was the Heyday.  And it's never been the same since.  I still catch a little every now and again for some good ol' JR (they split him and The King up! :x) because he makes laugh so damn hard.  "Th...that's...that's KANE'S music!  That's Kane's music!  Thru hell, fIRE, and BRIMstooooone!"

I never watched much WCW at all, but it could be argued that the nWo saved wrestling as the WWF stars mentioned above kept that momentum going.  You're not a wrestling fan, current or past, if you don't remember the Monday Night Wars.  I remember when DX went to WCW during RAW one Monday when the two promotions were in the same city.  Hilarious.

Shit.  I still remember watching Shawn Michaels Super Kick Marty Jannety thru the window at Brutus The Barber Beefcake's place.

Nothing like a good heel turn.  Even if sometimes it's only to hear JR say "NO!  GAWD WHY!?!?"

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 03, 2009, 04:49:44 am »
Heh, I am attending Southern Oregon right now actually Nightmare, but only for one more year. I'm going to Oregon State University(if life does screw me over again) for a better physics program in my third year.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 03, 2009, 05:13:02 am »
Heh, I am attending Southern Oregon right now actually Nightmare, but only for one more year. I'm going to Oregon State University(if life does screw me over again) for a better physics program in my third year.

How is it over there education wise? Did you have a lot of trouble getting accepted into the college?

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 03, 2009, 05:35:55 am »
What do I love?
I love Kane on RAW. Randy Orton was being a bitch and hospitalized the old guy who runs the show, right after he got back from an extended stay in the hospital. Kane, being the kind and caring soul he is (*cough*), called up his brother the Undertaker to have him come beat up on Orton. Next week's show is gonna be fuuuun.

...And I can't believe I just wrote that. Wrestling is soap opera for men, with spandex. But I just can't stop watching!

I had my wrestling days back in the golden age of WCW vs. nWo. I was there when Sting beat Hogan at Starrcade, although I was a total mark for the good guys. I'd probably have more fun watching that now (maybe I'd even go for the nWo).
I envy you Zeality. I was too young to go, or really remember what happened in most of the matches. At least I'll always have WCW vs. nWo for the N64!

EDIT: And I just remembered... Kane's name is Glen. Frog suddenly that much cooler?

I love you for reminding me about that game. No Mercy was pretty bad assed too. Those were the days, back when DX was around and every kid in school was doing crotch chops and telling people to suck it.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:38 pm »

How is it over there education wise? Did you have a lot of trouble getting accepted into the college?
If your from here yes, because our public school system is craptasitic.

Our further education though is not so though, although the schools are very specialized. SOU, an theatrical arts school, isn't that hard at all to get into. In fact I couldn't get in to OSU(due to craptasitic high schools[and a few other things]) so I enrolled here at SOU so that I can just transfer to OSU later on, much easy and cheaper really.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 03, 2009, 04:10:51 pm »
What do I love?

I love you for reminding me about that game. No Mercy was pretty bad assed too. Those were the days, back when DX was around and every kid in school was doing crotch chops and telling people to suck it.

I was never a big wrestling fan, but I'm really feeling my age here. As a kid I went to a WWF match were Hulk Hogan beat Earthquake in a stretcher match, and the Rockers fought the Nasty Boys.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 03, 2009, 04:24:11 pm »
I went to a couple WWF matches back when I was a kid.  Ultimate Warrior was there.  I had his action figure.   8)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #550 on: February 03, 2009, 04:36:09 pm »
The action figures are hilarious. Dress-me-up barbie dolls for men.
Although, a Kane figure wouldn't be so bad...

My favourite part about today's show is the feud between Kane, that dude with the GIANT beard, and Ray Mysterio. Mysterio is so tiny compared to them! It's always fun watching his big fights or dances get interrupted for no apparent reason.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 03, 2009, 04:39:59 pm »
I remember Kane going nuts on his partner Big Show. Something about May 19, IIRC.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 03, 2009, 06:06:34 pm »
Sorry for double post, but, in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia...

I KICKED DRAC'S ASS AT LONG FUCKING LAST!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No one thought this?...Pic or it didn't happen. :lol:

Anyways, uh...good job.

You called Rule 11 on me beating Drac. Here is my screenshot. JUST NOW TOOK IT. Took me a few tries to nail him again.

BITCH GOT FUCKING PWNED. Zephira can vouch for the fact that it happened JUST NOW.

EDIT: Noticed I double posted. Sorry.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:16:21 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #553 on: February 03, 2009, 06:09:14 pm »
Vouched.
Never played that game, but that dude looks hilarious on the bottom screen. He's aaaangry.

I see a dreamcatcher :D

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 03, 2009, 06:15:51 pm »
Yep. I forget why I put that there.