Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328373 times)

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #525 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:55 pm »
Me, you, and Teaflower. The rest are just being nice or tolerable.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #526 on: February 02, 2009, 08:51:00 pm »
I thought he was already on his another chance.

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 02, 2009, 08:51:38 pm »
Just make an ignore feature that would be as good as banning for me.
I thought he was already on his another chance.
I think he's on his fifth, but I was absent for a month or so.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 02, 2009, 08:52:53 pm »
Yes, and he has been steadily improving since the FAIL rank it seems. He no longer posts enormous images in posts, he removed his Chrono Cross sig, and he seems to be cutting back on the vacuous posts (at least compared to how it used to be). Give him another chance is my vote.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 02, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »
I'm not one to change my mind so soon after his transgressions -- by that I'd say ban him. All the same, he hasn't been irritating me lately, so I could care less either way...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 03, 2009, 02:03:55 am »
California has run out of cash!

WOOHOO!

I've waited for this for so long.

FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA!

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 03, 2009, 02:11:32 am »
California has run out of cash!

WOOHOO!

I've waited for this for so long.

FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA!
Heh. You really don't like CA do you?  :lol:

I, personally don't think the amount of people that are going to be hurt by this is worth the turmoil at any rate. But, I don't live in CA, so I suppose I don't know the whole story...

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 03, 2009, 02:43:22 am »
FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA!
I don't like that attitude.
And unless you moved and didn't mention it, you're still in California.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 03, 2009, 02:51:28 am »
While I'm not sure where nightmare is going with this, perhaps CA going under is a good thing in the long run. Definitely, it would put things in perspective for citizens and leaders alike (curbing spending, prioritization, among other things); not to mention the turmoil may drive progress for CA, but that is to be seen I suppose.

Bottom line: people will suffer, but it is in strife that the human spirit shines the brightest.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 03, 2009, 02:59:31 am »
Yea, I'm not happy that it comes to this scenario, but this is an effective slap in the face regardless.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #535 on: February 03, 2009, 03:10:38 am »
What do I love?
I love Kane on RAW. Randy Orton was being a bitch and hospitalized the old guy who runs the show, right after he got back from an extended stay in the hospital. Kane, being the kind and caring soul he is (*cough*), called up his brother the Undertaker to have him come beat up on Orton. Next week's show is gonna be fuuuun.

...And I can't believe I just wrote that. Wrestling is soap opera for men, with spandex. But I just can't stop watching!
I miss Kane when he had his mask on. Ahh, such wonderful childhood memories...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 03, 2009, 03:27:09 am »
FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA!
I don't like that attitude.
And unless you moved and didn't mention it, you're still in California.

I still live here, sadly, plan to move to Oregon sometime next summer for college (hopefully)

While I'm not sure where nightmare is going with this, perhaps CA going under is a good thing in the long run. Definitely, it would put things in perspective for citizens and leaders alike (curbing spending, prioritization, among other things); not to mention the turmoil may drive progress for CA, but that is to be seen I suppose.

Bottom line: people will suffer, but it is in strife that the human spirit shines the brightest.

Exactly.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 03, 2009, 03:28:15 am »
Where you going in Oregon dood?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 03, 2009, 03:30:26 am »
What do I love?
I love Kane on RAW. Randy Orton was being a bitch and hospitalized the old guy who runs the show, right after he got back from an extended stay in the hospital. Kane, being the kind and caring soul he is (*cough*), called up his brother the Undertaker to have him come beat up on Orton. Next week's show is gonna be fuuuun.

...And I can't believe I just wrote that. Wrestling is soap opera for men, with spandex. But I just can't stop watching!
I miss Kane when he had his mask on. Ahh, such wonderful childhood memories...

I had my wrestling days back in the golden age of WCW vs. nWo. I was there when Sting beat Hogan at Starrcade, although I was a total mark for the good guys. I'd probably have more fun watching that now (maybe I'd even go for the nWo).

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 03, 2009, 03:32:43 am »
I see the Shadow bit is coming to a head here.  Ironic how much disdain is flowing in a thread dedicated to things that you love.

Well let's take a look at what I know about Shadow in the short time I've been here.  He's a fairly new member, young, and a bit hard to understand personally.  Most people here express a lot of ill feelings towards him, even when he's doing nothing.  I've seen a lot of discussion on here in the last couple of weeks prod and instigate him.  But I'm not just going to be in his defense, he does a lot of instigating as well, but being new here I can't discern from teasing banter and actual serious insults.

If there's anything I can be sure about, it's that his posts are quick and many times one sentence or less.  He treats these forums as if they were an instant messenger interface or a chat room.  That's my only real gripe with him.

Shadow, you need to put more thought into what you post.  Express your thoughts after you let them stew a bit in your mind so you can clearly annotate your feelings instead of just replying with the first statement in your head.  This isn't a chat room, it isn't 4Chan's random forum, it isn't GameFAQs forums, and it isn't a cell phone IM conversation.  You have a lot of room to grow man.  If your profile is accurate and you're really 17 then trust me, you have a lot of experiences ahead of you in the next few years that will shape your life greatly.  I did the most amount of personal growing between 18 and now.  Life throws you a lot of fastballs that force you to mature and grow.  Jobs, taxes, post highschool education, and so on.  You have a lot of maturing to do, and if you're up to it, you'll understand what I mean 5 years down the line.  Consider this community online one step in that growth, and try to mature in your interactions here some.

To everyone else, don't focus so much on him.  He's one voice among many here.  If you don't like what he's saying, that's fine, but you don't have to let his shortcomings get to you.

I hate the idea of voting someone off of a forum.  Votes shouldn't be a part of it.  An online forum isn't a social economy, nor is it a democracy.  There's a rule of thumb created by those in charge and those paying for the webspace that encompasses it, and their decision on how to run the place.

If it matters, my vote is to let him stay.  But my advice to Shadow is to take a break.  If you're handling things in the RP forums here, stick with that, but on the other forums where people are complaining, stay away from them for a few weeks.  Your outlook on something changes when you separate yourself from it for a while.  Maybe that's what you need.

Anyways, enough rambling about that crap...  Back to the subject that should be here.

I love ale.  It's so much better than beer.   :D