Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328642 times)

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #510 on: February 02, 2009, 02:06:51 am »
 I love Super Metroid. All the other Metroid games suck compared to it. Okay not really, but let's face it:

- It's the biggest damn Metroid game out there that isn't 3D dimensional (cause those aren't real Metroids),

- You can turn all the stuff you get on and off (The ONLY game in the series that lets you do this),

- The origin of the "Hunters" theme (green brinstar), the origin of the Norfair Death March tune (Ridley's lair, used for Magmoor Caverns in Prime)

- A Boss you get to fry by hooking him up to a circuit with your grappling beam,.

- Another boss you get to drop in acid and watch his flesh melt off (still one of the best moments in gaming.)

- Mother Brain turns into a T-rex that spits bombs and shoots lasers out of its eyes.

- During said battle, Samus goes apeshit and slaughters Mother Brain with an uber powerful beam.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 02, 2009, 03:23:28 am »
I am IN love, which is something different entirely I suppose... :shock:

She's awesome.  We worked together a little bit today, and I was actually able to focus, which was goooood.  Dosen't mean my chest still didn't try to explode on me.  6 weeks of class left.

I also love South Park.  I just turned it on.  I have no idea what's happening, but I'm still laughing.  Abe Lincoln just showed up.

As far as Shadow goes, dude has never done anything to me...but some of his posts I've seen are pretty....weak?  Guess I've done some of the same though.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 02, 2009, 04:38:38 am »
I just made some sandwiches.  Words cannot describe how awesome they are, so I took a picture.

Delicious...  *Chows down*

For those wondering how to make their own, I've written down this easy to follow recipe.

Ingredients:
-Bread (2 slices per sammich)
-Meat (lots)
-Cheese (Proportioned properly to the meat, to suit the sammich eaters tastes)
-Veggies (Optional.  Lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, olives, onions, etc)
-Mustard (Any variety ranging from Dijon to Spicy brown, or plain yellow if nothing else is available)
-Mayonnaise (Lots, unless you're one of those freaks who was raised on miracle whip *yech*  Can substitute horseradish sauce if available)

Step 1:  Place your 2 bread slices on any flat surface, inside up if you have the heel of a loaf, or halved sub.

Step 2:  Smother with liquid condiments (Mayonnaise/Mustard/Horseradish/etc)  Best results with one per side.

Step 3:  Place your veggies on whichever side has the whiter condiment (Mayo) laying lettuce down first to form a good foundation for the rest of the veggies to sit.  Place smaller veggies last.

Step 4:  Place at least 1 slice of each type of meat selected for your sammich on the other side.

Step 5:  Place at least 1 slice of cheese on top of the meat.

(Repeat steps 4 and 5 as desired, add salt and pepper after sufficient quantities are met if desired)

Step 6:  CAREFULLY fold the veggie side of the sammich on top of the meat/cheese side, taking care not to spill any peppers or olives out.  If completed successfully the sammich should now be holdable without making huge messes all over your hands.

Step 7:  Slice sandwich into easily scarfable portions.  If using regular loaves of bread, slice the square shaped sandwich diagonally, creating two triangles.  This is important, because triangles are delicious.

Finished product should be awesome.  If you fail to make an awesome sandwich, try again until it tastes like awesome.  You are now on your way to culinary excellence.

[attachment deleted by admin]

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #513 on: February 02, 2009, 04:54:47 am »
I love Super Metroid. All the other Metroid games suck compared to it. Okay not really, but let's face it:

- It's the biggest damn Metroid game out there that isn't 3D dimensional (cause those aren't real Metroids),

- You can turn all the stuff you get on and off (The ONLY game in the series that lets you do this),

- The origin of the "Hunters" theme (green brinstar), the origin of the Norfair Death March tune (Ridley's lair, used for Magmoor Caverns in Prime)

- A Boss you get to fry by hooking him up to a circuit with your grappling beam,.

- Another boss you get to drop in acid and watch his flesh melt off (still one of the best moments in gaming.)

- Mother Brain turns into a T-rex that spits bombs and shoots lasers out of its eyes.

- During said battle, Samus goes apeshit and slaughters Mother Brain with an uber powerful beam.

Yeah, but you hardly fight any Metroids (in fact the final Metroid has some kind of special energy sex with Samus' suit during the Super Mother Brain fight)! Metroid 2 was called The Return of Samus and she did basically the whole thing murdering an entire race. And you get to fight all of their forms too. Fighting Space Pirates & other random alien monsters is nice, but it should be secondary to Metroids...And in Super Metroid you ironically only fight regular Metroids...V_V
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:57:32 am by V_Translanka »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 02, 2009, 05:07:41 am »

Yeah, but you hardly fight any Metroids (in fact the final Metroid has some kind of special energy sex with Samus' suit during the Super Mother Brain fight)! Metroid 2 was called The Return of Samus and she did basically the whole thing murdering an entire race. And you get to fight all of their forms too. Fighting Space Pirates & other random alien monsters is nice, but it should be secondary to Metroids...And in Super Metroid you ironically only fight regular Metroids...V_V

But it was like that IN THE FIRST GAME AS WELL.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #515 on: February 02, 2009, 05:18:03 am »
Well, yeah, but c'mon, evolution of the series should make the Metroids (what the franchise is named after) more  badass not go back to how they were...Super Metroid was basically a dramatic facelift of the first game because it's Mother Brain...take 2! Even Fusion seemed to take it to a new/different level...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 02, 2009, 08:40:37 am »
My opinion of Shadow depends on my mood at the moment. Sometimes he's tolerable. Other times I have actually wished that he would fall off a cliff and die. But he's gotten better as of late. He has improved drastically in the RP board (I call him on Godmoding and instead of sparking a long OOC [out of character] discussion, he goes back and edits it so that it doesn't piss us off anymore, albeit with a OOC post that tells me I'm no fun), I can't say anything for the DS board (don't touch it, I don't want to be spoiled), and... yeah. Although, I've given him enough chances for my liking. I've extended second and third chances, not only to Shadow but to his other account. And every time, it seems, he shoots me down and insults me somehow. And that pisses me off to no end. I'm starting to lean towards get rid of him.

But he should still be able to view the site. Blocking him off completely isn't nice at all.

I don't know what should be done with him. I just... don't know anymore.

Back to the main topic... I love MCAS today. Why? We're taking Biology MCAS. Well, not me. I haven't taken Biology yet. But all third floor classes for the first half of the day have to go elsewhere, so my Latin teacher isn't going to be teaching us today. Or tomorrow. As for that sammich, I have tried mayonnaise and I hate the stuff.

Although Mayonnai is pretty cool...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:22:08 pm by teaflower »

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 02, 2009, 12:24:20 pm »
I love the documentary I'm making for my Digital Video class. It's on World War II, and i'm going out of my way to make it as ridiculously laughable and offensive as possible. The entire thing is going to be done in the voice of Solid Snake, and a many video game and anime references will be made.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 02, 2009, 04:03:59 pm »
And, yes, Farscape was awesome. About a year ago or so the WB (I think it was them at the time?) was syndicating Farscape and I got the opprotunity to watch quite a lot of it...they had 2 eps per week about that would cycle through a few seasons...eventually they played the first season...I still haven't seen all of it though...But I'd be willing to say that it's my favorite sci-fi series ever, beating out stuff like TNG and, idk...X-Files? Uh...Sliders?

Ahh...Sliders! What nostalgia. Have you watched old episodes of that show recently? The CG is so bad that it is comical, but I remember being so into that show back in the day. Farscape is like Star Trek on acid. I was at a store the other day and I saw all the seasons of it on DVD. Definitely the best sci-fi show ever. I'll buy it soon. I remember when it was back on the sci-fi channel there was another show that came after it that was about this chick that was supposed to be hot but really wasn't all that hot, this undead assassin dude, and some other guys all flying around in a giant bug in space. Hmmm. ..what the hell was that show called? The storyline sucked but at least it was entertaining.

And on the topic of Shadow - like I said, I don't think he should get banned. His posts don't annoy me generally - in fact, I enjoy seeing the responses that people make to him. Plus, he has improved a bit recently. And then there is the likelihood that if he is banned he will just come back again, without a FAIL status (as if that did jack-shit in the first place. Who's idiotic idea was that anyways?). Banning accomplishes nothing, and it would probably even be counter-productive. There's only one person that I "dislike" on these forums (as much as you could dislike someone over the intermuhnet), and it isn't Shadow. I'm not sure why people get so angry over his posts, because they really don't bother me at all. I guess people should just raise the bar of what pisses them off in life just a little bit, because if someone posting less-than meaningful posts on an internet forum bothers you, then you will just walk through life being constantly irritated all the time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:55:48 pm by chrono eric »

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 02, 2009, 04:08:02 pm »
You know what I really REALLY love?

German chocolate cake.

My god, that stuff is heavenly.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 02, 2009, 07:09:01 pm »
I adore Nutty Bars.  Oh my god I haven't had those in years and I finally had one today.  I think my mouth had an orgasm from the goodness D:

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2009, 08:27:21 pm »
I love Pringles Rice Infusions.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 02, 2009, 08:39:34 pm »
I love Pringles Rice Infusions.
That sounds like a snack from the future...or from a Sci-Fi channel original event.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 02, 2009, 08:42:59 pm »
Ban Shadow? God yes. No need to sugarcoat it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 08:46:11 pm by Jutty »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 02, 2009, 08:46:40 pm »
So its 2 for the Ban, 3 in the middle about it, and 4 who say give him another chance.