Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328624 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #495 on: February 01, 2009, 11:32:03 pm »
Using :picardno is basically meaningless now.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 01, 2009, 11:43:37 pm »
Everyone has expressed a desire to have you removed now, whether in public or secret. And I mean everyone. If I weren't dead certain that banning you would provoke you to try to come back in any way possible (even by covert means), you would have been history. You make the most vacuous posts ever. I want to hold a public poll for removal.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 01, 2009, 11:47:00 pm »
I got rid of that post.

And, I'm considering leaving now rather than waiting to see how things turn out. I can bet at least a few of those people have turned those opinions around.

If everywhere else what I have to say is just annoying, then I can just stick to the RP board, and just read these threads as they appear, but never post in them. I'll leave that up to you, though. I can do as I said already, stick to the RP board, or you can give me the BanHammer and be done with it. I won't try and bias the vote. You have my word, even if it means nothing.

My reason for deciding to stick just to the RP board is b/c I'm told there's where I made the most improvement so far.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:51:29 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 01, 2009, 11:54:13 pm »
Not to change the topic, because in all honesty, the conversation in front of me is extremely relevant to my interests, but I love something very, very much.

I love Farscape.

My goodness, I miss that show.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 01, 2009, 11:55:40 pm »
And I mean everyone.

I guess I'm the sole Compendiumite who isn't annoyed by Shadow's posts then. Unless...you're calling me a nobody...*sob*

And yeah, Farscape was my favorite sci-fi show of all time. It was so damn weird and badass at the same time. Too bad no one even knew what the hell it was.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 02, 2009, 12:00:19 am »
This is a tough call.

A month ago I would say yes with out hesitation at all, now though... Shadow has show improvement not just in the RP board but everywhere. So I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him try and still change more, but I won't. Shadow has improved but I still has been more trouble then any one else I seen here, obviously I am not alone in thinking the place would be better without him.

I actually feel bad for saying this but I think, Shadow has had his chance and is done here.

Stuff I love? Well I just got FFTA2.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:04:36 am by KebreI »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #501 on: February 02, 2009, 12:03:04 am »
Yeah, even a week ago, I would have said yes immediately, but he very recently showed that he could improve. Thus, I'm left between two choices.

I love Mother 3's music. Oh so much.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 02, 2009, 12:10:06 am »
Add one more to the 'yes until X time ago' group.

But being on-topic, I like this fan fiction I have been reading. I think it's the best one I have ever read. It's called 'N-Warriors', and you can find it on fanfiction.net. Although it's in Spanish.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 02, 2009, 12:20:43 am »
I guess I'm the sole Compendiumite who isn't annoyed by Shadow's posts then. Unless...you're calling me a nobody...*sob*

...It takes a lot before I give up on people if they manage to become regulars in an internet community. Had this come up during Shadow's early days (remember the dancing Lavos?), I would said the same regarding "Wesley".  That's what I'm gonna call him now, because every time he uses this:  :picardno  , I'm gonna counter it with something saying 'SHUT UP WESLEY".

I have no reason to hate you Shadow. You haven't hurt anyone, you just make things very difficult. Perhaps you too will get tired of my Wesley references.

I love Farscape.

I so wish I could have gotten into that series. Unfortunately we got cable too late.  I do however enjoy Firefly.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #504 on: February 02, 2009, 12:24:13 am »
I haven't been around long enough to be in the "yes until x time ago" group, but I do think he should be given some time. I mean, the place would just be way too quiet without the guy.

And for things I love.. I love these potato chips. And that ocremix archive.
And photoshop! For without photoshop, I could not put Magus in swimming trunks!
...He is sooo gonna kill me for this...

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 02, 2009, 12:32:42 am »
I haven't been around long enough to be in the "yes until x time ago" group, but I do think he should be given some time. I mean, the place would just be way too quiet without the guy.
Well we did give him the choice once before, well Ramsus did, and put him on probation(the creation of the Fail group) and he hasn't change much sense that point. Plus I disagree this place wouldn't be "quite" it would be much more peaceful. I think just because he is load and post alot isn't a vaild reason to keep ANYONE.

I also feel that with the "yes until x time ago" is just people who did wish him gone, but when give the choice suddenly feel bad if they vote yes. I feel bad when I have to fire someone, but I still do it because were better off that way. I not claim anyone's lying about their votes but it is a very common cop-out answer.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 02, 2009, 12:33:59 am »
For Sigma Head:

Why don't you read Page 33 around the end or so? There's a post by ZeaLitY you should read.

Sigma Head

• Porrean (+50)
  • THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN! DIE! XXX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 02, 2009, 12:35:09 am »

ED-209.

I guess I'm the other member of the boards that isn't P.O'd by Shadow.

EDIT: Yeah, I saw that already. That was just a rhetorical question.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:37:59 am by Sigma Head »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 02, 2009, 12:50:49 am »
To Zephira:

Got your PM. Can't access profiles, so can you just PM them to me?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #509 on: February 02, 2009, 01:05:24 am »
I was originally one of the few willing to give Shadow a chance, but I haven't seen a change. If he's different in the RP I wouldn't know about it from his posts most everywhere else...

"Hi! My name is Shadow Douchebag Darkman! I like to overuse memes and jokes that aren't funny! I also like to point out Robo's Apocalypse Arm at every possible occasion (sometimes when it's not even following an appropriate line of reasoning in the topic!) because obviously powerful things are cool and if I point them out, maybe that'll mean I'm cool too!"
-SSDD (Same Shadow, Different Day)

Alright, i'm fairly fed up. I'm on the Ban Him bandwagon. It's just too much. I honestly felt that if I didn't write this post I may have burst into flames. Maybe it's not his fault, but I can't help but feel like a terrible infection has been plaguing the Compendium and that plague's name is Shadow D. Darkman. And at the same time I feel terrible for making this post. V_V

It was a bit much, which is why I felt bad for posting it, I think, but it expresses my extreme disappointment at being wrong with him.

And, yes, Farscape was awesome. About a year ago or so the WB (I think it was them at the time?) was syndicating Farscape and I got the opprotunity to watch quite a lot of it...they had 2 eps per week about that would cycle through a few seasons...eventually they played the first season...I still haven't seen all of it though...But I'd be willing to say that it's my favorite sci-fi series ever, beating out stuff like TNG and, idk...X-Files? Uh...Sliders?

I love Children of the Monkey Machine's amazing & unique Chrono Trigger OCReMixes. They inspired me throughout the time I was writing Magness...