Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328405 times)

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2009, 01:41:47 pm »
Star Trek: TNG.  Finally having time to watch it from the beginning.  One of the best shows ever, if not the best.
I still think DS9 is better.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2009, 04:18:36 am »
For science fiction war drama, DS9 is better.
For humanistic science fiction, TNG is better.

And The Motion Picture is about as pure as you can get when it comes to Roddenberry's humanism.

Still haven't watched the other movies, except for 4 one night...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2009, 04:32:56 am »
I love Chrono Trigger.  :D Everyone else here presumably does or they wouldn't be here ;)
Quoted for truth.

I love photoshop. And school. Nothing better than painting for twenty-four hours straight!

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #273 on: January 10, 2009, 11:15:09 am »
For the person on the first page mentioning Gundam Series they love, I love Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.

I also love the feeling you get when you eat a nice meal, right before that moment when you realize 'I spent HOW much on this?!'.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2009, 12:22:39 am »
I love Gantz is one of the best mangas I ever read. But I hate the filler ending that the Anime had. I wonder if it will have an OVA in some time beacuse the manga is almost over.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2009, 11:31:30 am »
I love Gantz is one of the best mangas I ever read. But I hate the filler ending that the Anime had. I wonder if it will have an OVA in some time beacuse the manga is almost over.

Well the Fullmetal Alchemist manga is getting an anime adaptation in April (despite already having an anime), so there's always hope some studio will be inspired and adapt the Gantz manga.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2009, 05:09:34 pm »
Just finished Chrono Cross for the first time. The Time Devourer, Schala, Kid, Serge... god I love this game!

My final team was Serge, Kid, and Glenn. Got the Time Devourer to hit with a yellow tech, and then went right through the rest of the melody before it's next turn. Aahhh loved the game, now where is that New Game+ option... *grin*

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2009, 09:07:41 pm »
The Chrono Cross is insanely easy to do with the Stamina increasing accessories. No waiting for it to cast a Yellow Element (which I never had the patience to do, myself).

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2009, 08:56:00 am »
Star Trek: TNG.  Finally having time to watch it from the beginning.  One of the best shows ever, if not the best.
I still think DS9 is better.

Why do you think it is better?  I haven't watched it yet so I am just curious.  If I go by what Zeality said, I will have to assume TNG > DS9.  War is blah.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:40 am »
Yeah, I agree TNG was great. VOY was also good. ENT was interesting, but IDK about comparing it to TNG and VOY. DS9 was good in it's own right.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2009, 10:27:27 am »
I didn't really like the concept of Enterprise...I like the futuristic qualities of the Star Trek series...why go backwards and show us semi-futuristic technology (who needs a tractor beam, we've got a grappling hook!...V_V)...As for DS9...I just never liked the characters...and from what I remember, they took the Wesley Crusher factor, multiplied it by two and made half of it Ferengi...wtf...plus, it's Star Trek, not Star Space Station.

Sigma Head

• Porrean (+50)
  • THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN! DIE! XXX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2009, 12:24:00 pm »
Since we're talking about Star Trek, what about the new J.J Abrams movie? I know I'm going to see it....and not like it. Based on the trailer and the Enterprise's design, it's going to hurt.  I got that irritating "Michael Bay Transformers " vibe from it. It's probably going to hurt as much as Cloverfield, which I knew I wasn't going to like as well. I really just wanted to see what the monster looked like and.... I was pretty pissed afterwards.

They should have let Shatner direct. Maybe this time Kirk can have a confrontation with the REAL God. "What does God need with a starship?"

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2009, 12:31:42 pm »
I still think Cloverfield was brilliant movie. So many people went in expecting a good old fashion Godzilla movie or something, in what why does this scream old fashion Godzilla. Many of them were also pissed that it did explain much, well sorry things are hectic its hard to sit down and explain every detail when spider things are chasing you. I love Cloverfield, Transformers was a fun movie but I do know what you mean there.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2009, 01:06:55 pm »
What I liked about Cloverfield was that it was a deconstruction of monster diaster movies, and showed a realistic view of what it would be like to be an ordinary terrified human being in the middle of all the carnage. Only seeing the monster in brief glimpses was more effective and realistic, anyway.

Sigma Head

• Porrean (+50)
  • THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN! DIE! XXX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13:27 pm »
All I got out of it was, "OMG! WHAT'S WHAT?! SHAKE THE CAMERA! OMG! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?! OMG! STUFF WE CAN'T SEE!" It worked in Blair Witch pretty well...which I kinda liked....but if there's a 250 ft. monster on the loose it's kinda hard to disguise it. Shaky-cam doesn't count.

I liked the fact that your face first with the carnage this monster was causing, but I thought it's menace was derailed with the dog-sized thingamajigs that made Pac-Man noises.