Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 326500 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #915 on: June 02, 2009, 03:49:32 pm »
Kidney Stones AND pregent!?! God damn giver her the whole bottle, that the two most painful thing you can endure.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #916 on: June 02, 2009, 04:01:05 pm »
More painful than fire? Paper-cuts to the retina? Some kind of horrible genital-to-lawnmower incident? Anyways...

Loved the Tonight Show with Conan O'brien. Pearl Jam rocked. Andy Richter as announcer guy...idk...I thought tv learned that everything he touched gets the ax lol...but he honestly seemed a bit out of place and what was up with his hair? He somehow managed to out-cartoon Conan. I'm gonna miss Joel Goddard...And I couldn't help but feel like they were giving the cold shoulder to the band (besides Max), which they barely showed even if Conan mentioned them. I somehow get the feeling that as Conan goes along and gets in the groove of it all that it'll somehow help Jimmy Fallon out...Anyways, it's very bizarre to me to suddenly be watching the Tonight Show instead of Letterman. I don't have to switch the channel at all for like 3 hours or something (yeah, I watch both Fallon and Carson too)!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 02, 2009, 04:23:07 pm »
I thought Pearl Jam sounded like shit, so I can't give my thoughts of the song.  It's tough with shows like that, no real chance to do a soundcheck, just gotta go and hope it sounds good.  It didn't.  A lot going on with it being the first and all, I'm sure Max will get his due soon enough, though it sucks they had to rename the band cuz they're on the Tonight Show now.  And as V said, it was the first time I watched Jimmy Fallon.  Laughed more than I'd like to admit!!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 02, 2009, 04:32:08 pm »
(yeah, I watch both Fallon and Carson too)!

Aww, I don't like Fallon. He laughs at his own jokes.

And Carson? Come on, V! Losing respect points!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 02, 2009, 05:33:10 pm »
That's why I like him (Fallon). He's like a kid in a candy store or something. Part of him still doesn't believe he has the job or something. I also like to think while I watch him that he was on SNL...how clean could he be? At the very least they have to be stoned out of their minds writing some of his stuff...I like to think that anyways...

Carson is actually an alright show. It took them a while to realize that his writer staff wasn't quite up to snuff (it was extremely hit or miss stuff), so he basically got rid of the monologue and focuses more now on the other things that he's better at, namely getting good musical guests. I think people misinterpret Carson a lot because of TRL, he's actually pretty cool.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 02, 2009, 07:29:15 pm »
That's why I like him (Fallon). He's like a kid in a candy store or something. Part of him still doesn't believe he has the job or something. I also like to think while I watch him that he was on SNL...how clean could he be? At the very least they have to be stoned out of their minds writing some of his stuff...I like to think that anyways...

That's the best explanation I've heard so far, and I may even give him another chance. I just think he needs to settle into his new spot a bit.

Carson is actually an alright show. It took them a while to realize that his writer staff wasn't quite up to snuff (it was extremely hit or miss stuff), so he basically got rid of the monologue and focuses more now on the other things that he's better at, namely getting good musical guests. I think people misinterpret Carson a lot because of TRL, he's actually pretty cool.

I'm sorry, but I've seen his show, and haven't laughed once. The last one I watched, he had "rejected supervillains for batman" and they were like "the lawnmower" and "the border-hopper" and "the plumber". These each came with a crudely drawn and colored picture, and no surprises or twists. That was the part that did it in for me. (Now if they had something more subtle, like "the gardener, the poolboy, and the plumber" and they made the first two LOOK blatantly hispanic and the third look like an overweight italian with a red shirt, for example, it would have at least had some thought put into it, and a surprise at the end, with the viewer expecting another hispanic character only to get like a real life Mario or something along those lines.

In other words, I really don't like his writers at all. He may not even be the problem, but bad writing=bad show most of the time. Just my opinion.

Has anyone seen 'Taken'? My dad let me borrow his rented copy and I have to say Wow. This is a very clever action movie, and I'd go as far as to say it's better than Die Hard.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:32:15 pm by Mr Bekkler »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:20 pm »
That's what I mean. He doesn't really do a monologue or bits anymore. For the last couple weeks or so even it's just been him at some place in LA (or at some star/whoosit's crib) and throwing to clips of him doing interviews and then finishing up with a song or two from a cool band. He learned his role in late night, I think.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 03, 2009, 02:48:56 am »
I loved today. Way good despite hot weather. I love it when conversations can open up the ol' emotional tote bag and bring out some of the really whiz-bang bonzer.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 03, 2009, 09:44:53 pm »
Got my noise reducer pedal in the mail. Thanks amazon!

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #924 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:17 pm »
Autocross is next week :D

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 04, 2009, 05:31:05 am »
Auditioned on the drums for some German band and their reality show today.  Kind of a strange experience, but it felt good (as always) to get out there and get myself in circulation.  I don't have the slightest clue about anything, the notice went out today and I went to it.  I don't even know the band's name, involves "Big Boy" in some way I think.

Regardless, we'll see how it goes.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 04, 2009, 10:41:22 am »
Science.

It has been discovered that a common diabetes drug can boost one's immune system as a side-effect (take THAT dry-mouth). This can enhance other treatments for diseases and because it doesn't actually affect the virus or bacteria, it should be impossible for diseases to form a natural resistance against it. I can imagine uses for this from cancer treatment to HIV treatment to enhancing the benefits of simple vaccines.

All because some scientists were messing around randomly.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:46 am »
All because some scientists were messing around randomly.

Word! Here's to messes!  8)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 05, 2009, 02:14:04 am »
I am FINALLY caught up in Doctor Who.  And am now sitting waiting for the next special, I think in November?

I will say Martha is a failure, Rose is whiny, and Dona is by far my Favorite.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 05, 2009, 04:09:15 am »
Been contacted by some Talent Agency that might want to rep me.  Thing is, they might be too small time to help me anywhere.  Anyway, it feels good to be wanted.