Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 326486 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »
Was Earl Grey gathered from Sri Lanka all this time J?

Not all tea comes from Sri Lanka, but my favorite brand is grown and packed there. Admittedly, not in the northern part of the country where the insurgency has been, but, still...the European Empires of old brought such wonderful treats to the West, and yet the places where these treats come from are almost always dens of misery. That can't be a coincidence.

Here's hoping that things will be looking up for the Sri Lankans, including the Tamils.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #871 on: May 17, 2009, 09:41:52 pm »
I always try to buy fair trade food when shopping (which isn't often I guess).

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 17, 2009, 09:49:51 pm »
The one good thing about a hot day is that it usually leads to a glorious evening. Evening is my favorite time, and I love glorious evenings. If I can hold it together for three more hours, I'll be in a happy place.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2009, 09:56:19 pm »
I love Coca-Cola... Although it's horrible for you.  It just makes life worth living.  It is, without a doubt, the tastiest beverage on the face of the planet. I kid you not.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2009, 11:53:09 pm »
I love Coca-Cola... Although it's horrible for you.  It just makes life worth living.  It is, without a doubt, the tastiest beverage on the face of the planet. I kid you not.

I love any soda that has cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. When I leave the United States, sometimes I get Coke made with sugar, and it's so delicious I can't figure out why they would make it with corn syrup here. It's worse for you and tastes bad relative to the real stuff. Although, I have a HUGE weakness for Vanilla Coke, just because it's fucking hard to find now. Putting actual vanilla on ice before you pour cola all over it is better, but if I see Vanilla Coke, I pretty much always buy it. Real vanilla's expensive.

Jones soda is great. Anybody else try that?

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2009, 11:54:54 pm »
Jones soda is great. Anybody else try that?

Green Apple is the only one worth a damn.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 18, 2009, 12:00:28 am »
They're all good to try once. Except the cream soda. That doesn't taste right. They should make Jones soda sample packs with one of each flavor. Like they do with Magic Hat, Sam Adams, and Sarnac.

Man oh man, I love Magic Hat Number Nine. I don't drink often, but it's great. So is Newcastle. It's like tea-beer. It doesn't taste like tea, but it's very light and it's british and there's a lot of flavor, so tea-beer seems like an appropriate name right now.

Also, real cream soda. Or creme soda. However it's supposed to be spelled, it's nice and golden and basically vanilla soda. Awesome.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #877 on: May 18, 2009, 02:32:56 am »
Cola is shit, I don't see how anyone could say it's their favorite drink unless you wanna pussy out and mix it with some whiskey or something. I mean, what's so great about the taste of cola? If it was so good OTHER THINGS that taste like cola (which is pretty much NOTHING) would be as popular.

As for Jones soda, I love their awesome labels and always enjoy going through the pics when I see 'em at the store...I think they're a local company too. I drink the bubblegum flavor because it's bubblegum flavor...and it's an awesome shade of blue...!! There's never enough in those little bottles though...*sigh*

I guess quite a few have neat colors...(Bubblegum is 3rd from the left)...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 18, 2009, 11:11:55 am »
On the topic of beverages; Root Beer. I like it partially because there is no single name brand. There is no "Coca-cola" or "Pepsi-cola" that defines the taste of root beer for the general public; the root beer market does not suffer from monopolies but flourishes in a free and open market. There is a particular joy in purchasing Dad's Root Beer, Hank's Root Beer, and Weinhard's Root Beer all at the same time and to know which situations call for which incarnation of the beverage.

I currently lack the space to brew my own Root Beer, but some day... some day...

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37:24 pm »
I want to brew actual beer. I have a buddy who does already, his name's Richard so he calls it Dick Juice.  :lol: But I'm definitely looking into it now.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 18, 2009, 04:01:34 pm »
Man oh man, I love Magic Hat Number Nine. I don't drink often, but it's great. So is Newcastle. It's like tea-beer. It doesn't taste like tea, but it's very light and it's british and there's a lot of flavor, so tea-beer seems like an appropriate name right now.

If you like those, you'd probably like Shiner. It's the only thing from Texas that I can honestly say I love. But god damn do I love that beer.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2009, 05:38:07 pm »
God, my friend brought in a can of Jones' once. It was delicious... mmmm...

Root beer is amazing. It's awesomeness is magnified by cookies and cream ice cream. Seriously, go try it now. Root beer + cookies and cream ice cream = what deities have for desert most times, when they don't want cheesecake.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 18, 2009, 05:46:46 pm »
Cheesecake with cherry topping. That's the way my mom used to make it so that's the way I like it now. Fuck strawberry.  :lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 18, 2009, 08:15:31 pm »
Henry Weinhard's...now that is a good root beer. My favorite of all mass-produced root beers...

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 19, 2009, 03:16:46 pm »
KAITLYN!!! A year and a half latter and she is still my only one, I love that gal!

I could just as well put this in the frustration thread though.

EDIT: Damn, I just realized a lot of people have left since then, I think only ZeaLitY and nightmare remember.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:35:32 pm by KebreI »