Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328450 times)

Big_Mac

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2007, 11:20:13 pm »
Cadbury mini eggs. Those things in my opinion are chocolate crack in a candy coated shell.

Chrono Trigger: Nuff said

My lap top

My car.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2007, 05:35:06 pm »
Bandai Entertainment registered it...

In December 2006, Bandai Entertainment registered the website asosbrigade.com, which was linked to from high-profile anime sites such as Anime News Network during the week of December 18.[19]

On December 22, 2006, the website begins with a live action presentation video resembling a fan-made production, featuring Haruka Inoue and Akiyo Yamamoto in the roles of Mikuru Asahina and Yuki Nagato, with Haruhi Suzumiya being played by Patricia Ja Lee.[4] The video confirmed (in Japanese) the specifics of the licensing arrangement. A few days afterwords, a subtitled version of the video replaced the original on the site, translating the Japanese licensing announcement into English.[20] The website also linked to a blog on the popular social networking website MySpace, which entered the list of the top 50 most viewed MySpace pages within 24 hours.[21]

On December 25, the website was updated with a Christmas message and a link to a page (in Japanese) allowing users to listen to and vote for clips of voice actresses performing the part of Mikuru in English.[22] This practice continued as similar audition pages for Yuki,[23][20] Itsuki,[24][25] Kyon[26] and Haruhi[27] were posted in the days that followed. It is currently unclear if the audition results will affect the casting choices at all, but the second audition page claimed that "[the] choices will be noted and taken into consideration".[23] The audition pages have since been taken offline.

On January 22, 2007 another poll had been put up asking voters to choose which order of episodes they preferred to view the series in, Haruhi's order (chronological) or Kyon's order (broadcast). The site notes the release of a Regular Edition set, which arranges the episodes chronologically. Then a special edition set will have the episodes in broadcast order. [28]

The poll that appeared on January 26, asked, "Which character do you prefer to see in a bunny suit?" and lists the choices Haruhi, Mikuru, Yuki, Kyon, Itsuki, and Shamisen.

On January 25, 2007, a new ASOS Brigade video was released which announced that the first DVD of the series would be released on May 29, 2007.[29]

On February 9, 2007 a new episode of the Adventures of the ASOS Brigade revealed information on some of the voice actors that would be voicing the English voices in the anime. They are: Wendee Lee as Haruhi, Crispin Freeman as Kyon, Michelle Ruff as Yuki, Stephanie Sheh as Mikuru, Johnny Yong Bosch as Itsuki, Bridget Hoffman as Ryōko, and Kari Wahlgren as Tsuruya.[30] It may be worth noting that the actress who portrays Yuki in the ASOS Brigade episodes was changed in this episode from Akiyo Yamamoto to Kana Yuasa. While this change is explicitly reflected in the credits, it was hinted at by calling attention to Yuki throughout the episode.

On February 20, 2007 a poll on the ASOS Brigade website stated, "You are on a deserted island with a giant sandworm. You can only choose one, which do you pick? Little time left, make decision now before worm comes!" gave the choices between the chronological or broadcast (anachronic) order, as in January. The comments in the source code of the website were also changed to reflect that the majority of people voted for one of the characters to be in a bunny suit over a new episode of The Adventures of the ASOS Brigade. There was also notice at the top of the page stating, "The Adventures of the ASOS Brigade: Episode 005 World Premiere at New York Comic Con Haruhi Panel... details within 48 hours."[31]

On March 10, 2007 it was announced in the source code of the website that the regular edition of the series will have English-translated openings, while the special edition will have the original Japanese openings and endings.

On March 16, 2007 the English trailer for the anime was released on the website and the ASOS Brigade Travel Blog was made public

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 07:42:07 am »
I love the look of sunshine coming down on to the Earth through a blanket of clouds. The way you can see streams of sunlight...argh, I can't explain it!

SergeTheRadicalDreamer

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2007, 11:28:01 pm »
I love nutella. I love Chrono Cross.  I love DDR.  I love psychedelic mushrooms.  I love Dune.  I love Sam (not someone on this forum, but I just thought I'd put it out there).  Know what else I love?  Topics like this

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2007, 01:51:57 am »
I heart my Advent Children "Limited Edition", and am glad I waited to buy. This little note in the script made my day:

When Sephiroth raises one hand up high, the skies take on a sinister appearance, as though heralding a great catastrophe.

VENIET!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 02:21:24 pm »
I heart my Advent Children "Limited Edition", and am glad I waited to buy. This little note in the script made my day:

When Sephiroth raises one hand up high, the skies take on a sinister appearance, as though heralding a great catastrophe.

That is awesome! I loved that part of the movie. Oh, and I assume the Limited Edition is well worth buying?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »
They put all the stuff that was in the Japanese release in, like the Last Order feature. So yes, I'd say it's worth it.

I'm enjoying Trigun now as well.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2007, 10:49:59 pm »
I love the skies of summer evenings, and all others for that matter. It's an endless canvas for limitless shapes and wispy, colored masses to accumulate upon in beautiful arrangements.

Well, my post is being interrupted, but since I took the time to find this thread, I might as well hit submit.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2007, 11:01:00 pm »
I do not love, I like.

Never making that mistake again. >_>

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2007, 11:31:42 pm »
I've been taking walks near daily in the trail by my apartment for almost a year, and I've recently found some new animals in there. One I hadn't seen in the wild at all before! So, to be explicit, I love the beauty of the natural world, and the wonder that it unveils.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2007, 11:47:19 pm »
So, to be explicit, I love the beauty of the natural world, and the wonder that it unveils.

Yep. There's nothing like going for a jog at 6:00 AM. That sensation of light, pleasant stinging in your lungs, a light dew covering the grass, no noticeable life but the birds singing in the trees.

IT'S THE SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH!!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2007, 04:47:59 am »
I love PAX! Wil Wheaton rocks so hard...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2007, 09:01:22 pm »
All this talk of anime makes me think of the fact that I'm reading Love Hina now (which sorta fits in with the title of the thread, eh?)...I don't necessarily "love" it, but it's okay and reminds me of a less psychedelic Elfen Lied...hahaha!

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2007, 04:00:28 am »
I love Chrono Trigger and Cross.  I heart Glenn as my favorite Cross character, and Schala as my all time favorite female character ever.

I'm also a huge Stargate fan (both shows).  Torri Higginson and Rachel Luttrell are the most awesome actresses ever.  :)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:13 pm »
Farscape>Stargate - No matter who they get to join SG1! :P

As for more stuff I love...well, here are a few of my favorite things...:D

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
Silver-white winters that melt into springs;

When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Yeah, I actually think of Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas when I think of that song (the movie opens with it up against Vietnam happenings) instead of, y'know, that OTHER movie...