Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 332382 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3825 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59:14 am »
http://www.vizanime.com/ep/4404-rock-lee-is-a-ninja-who-can-t-use-ninjutsu-rock-lee-s-rival-is-naruto

I think I just died a little.
From laughing so much. :lee:
"Thank you for your interest. We're sorry, but our videos can only be viewed from within the United States."

:|

*kicks "US / UK Only" sites*

:| Well. That is disappointing. Since I don't know which videos will be blocked, search for "naruto spin off rock lee." That should get you to at least one working video.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: April 27, 2012, 06:24:50 am »
I just got a Nokia Lumia 900, and I have to say, the Compendium looks surprisingly good on this thing. Surprisingly readable too.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3827 on: April 28, 2012, 02:17:13 am »
How are you liking the device generally? At this point, I'm liking WP7 as a smart phone OS, although not enough to give up my feature phone for a smart phone.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3828 on: April 28, 2012, 02:18:38 pm »
So I just watched the Avengers today, and I just have one three things to say:

1) NTUHIEOUNITEHXI GO WATCH IT NOWWWW!!
2) Although, to truly enjoy the movie you'd have to watch the prequel movies, such as Captain America, Thor, Iron Man (one and two), and The Hulk.
3) This is probably the most recommended Super Hero movies ever.

Oh, yeah a few more things. For one, that Calcutta scene always makes me laugh. xD True, they were aiming for poverty / illness stricken world to shoot where Dr Banner would lend his expertise, but here's what made it incredibly funny: the characters were speaking Hindi instead of the native tongue Bengali; even then, their accents sounded incredibly weird, as if spoken by a foreigner, and the words were immensely broken or mispronounced (not counting Banner's own); they really should have asked Bollywood or actual Bengali for their expertise; that kid there was so awesome!

Another thing you'd probably notice (if you tend to hinge onto every word, no matter how "sciencey" it is), is a Doctor Who reference: Iron Man, at one point, tells Captain America that they would need to "Reverse the polarity", a term once used by the Third Doctor.

Loki said he had an army, while Tony Stark says they have "The Hulk". He wasn't even close to kidding.

Hawkeye and Black Widow are freakin' radical! Where would the story have been without these two? (Even though the only development Hawkeye got character-wise -- not counting super-abilities -- was a third-person reference in a conversation between Black Widow and Loki)

RDJ stole the show! Though knowing the nature of the obnoxious Tony Stark from the comics, I feel RDJ gives more depth to 'Iron Man' than anybody ever could.

On top of that, the movie wasn't just a cliche super-hero movie -- it was a parody of cliches before it at the same time. What do I mean? It's clever in the way it uses older story-telling templates in an interesting way, but you'd have to watch it to know what I mean.

Watch it watch it watch it!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: April 28, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »
I have the utmost faith in Joss Whedon, who wrote and directed the film. I'm quite pumped to see what he's done for us. I hadn't realized the movie was out in the international market!

Was there a secret, post-credits ending?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3830 on: April 29, 2012, 07:29:29 am »
Was there a secret, post-credits ending?
Didn't stick around till the (second part) credits ended, but after the "first part" credits there was a concluding -- and ominous -- scene regarding the "benefactor" that has been helping Loki win the Earth.

But I ain't gonna say who it was.  :P

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: May 02, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »
And now, it's time for another "Deep Thoughts," by Thought.

Where I live now, there is a corgi meetup group. At least once a month a pack of the stubby-legged dogs get together and romp to no end. My dog, though a corgi, has in the past not known how to interact with other dogs. She loves them but has no idea what to do with them. At one of the recent meetups, though, we took the dogs to a beach. As the lowriders ran up and down the shore, my dog began to grow excited. There was a labrador that someone was throwing a ball for, and the corgis were in heaven sprinting after it. Finally, my little girl darted off after them. That was a long throw, far down the beach. After a moment my dog pulled ahead of the other corgis, running her butt-fluff off. Faster and faster, she was determined to catch up to the lab.

She did, too. Alas, the reason she had pulled ahead of the other corgis is that they all knew that one has to slowdown before one can stop. My dog? She face-planted into the side of the lab.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3832 on: May 03, 2012, 06:51:08 pm »
My dog? She face-planted into the side of the lab.
Ouch. xDDD

[youtube]NJ1NIIdHhXs[/youtube]

Amir Khan always brings a smile to my face.  :)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3833 on: May 20, 2012, 11:00:43 am »
A daughter was born to my cousin. Oh, happy day!

As much as I hated the word, I'm finally an uncle now.  :(

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: May 20, 2012, 07:54:56 pm »

Technically you aren't, though.  The kid of your cousin is your first cousin once removed, not your niece.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3835 on: May 21, 2012, 03:37:40 am »

Technically you aren't, though.  The kid of your cousin is your first cousin once removed, not your niece.
I know. But in our family, there's a kind of "heart relations" which extend even to distant cousins, wherein a cousin can also be considered as a brother/sister of bond if not blood.  8)

The relationship of brotherhood and sisterhood is quite valued in Hindu cultures, so much that if a person doesn't have one then the culture would do its best to make one. It's quite a sweet thing.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: June 17, 2012, 05:24:33 pm »
DAMN! To see - or perhaps hear - someone at the top of their art, it's just amazing. The work makes you feel like you've lived, just for having consumed it. An artist who can make you feel like that again and again -- now, that person is one of the greats.

Hitoshi Sakimoto, I salute you.

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: July 08, 2012, 11:13:58 pm »
I don't know if this is the right place or not, but here it is: In another thread recently(if a couple of weeks is recent :P), I fussed about dating sites in general. Not any more! :D I met a beautiful woman on the same dating site, and once I settle some property matters(which I won't bore you with), we'll be moving in together. She wants to wait about a year before we get married, but we're very much in love, and want to be together. I think my prayers have been answered more than I could have ever imagined. :D Wish us luck!

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: July 09, 2012, 10:17:11 am »
fingers crossed for ya, just try not to rush things!

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: July 09, 2012, 12:57:31 pm »
fingers crossed for ya, just try not to rush things!
:D I won't! And thanks. I haven't been this happy in years! :)
EDIT:  :( I just found out that the gal I've been talking to was more interested in how much money I had, and not in who I was.
I've been asking everyone I've been talking to online how they really feel. I'm trying to settle a trust, and I made it very clear that it could be a year before it's settled. I just don't see why some people think that just because I'll get the property in the future, they think I have the money NOW. Oh well. I can't let this get to me. There's plenty of people who would like me for who I am, and not how much I'm worth. Which, by the way, ain't much. :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:58:33 pm by jamesexia »