Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 332265 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3525 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:47 pm »
I am curious as to if anyone would like to take this conversation over to the Writer's thread. Discussing why some villains do or do not work seems like an excellent conversation to have for writing knowledge in general. While I do love Doctor Who, I am somewhat reluctant to get into such a discussion here since it isn't really what the thread is about.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3526 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:58 am »
I am curious as to if anyone would like to take this conversation over to the Writer's thread. Discussing why some villains do or do not work seems like an excellent conversation to have for writing knowledge in general. While I do love Doctor Who, I am somewhat reluctant to get into such a discussion here since it isn't really what the thread is about.
XD Well I LOVE what the Cyberman could be, so that's relevant. Anywhos, the discussion's already been taken care of, I guess.

Today's love: LibreOffice, and everything that has been a result of community effort and sharing!

And I do say, I love LibreOffice, especially its Navigator feature and the precise control over documents it offers compared to Microsoft standard. LibreOffice is also free of cost, free of licensing, and the absolute industry-standard solution for poor folks like me. It's feels so solid, so superior, so stable... especially for a novelist like me, it offers every tool that can help me become productive (minus index cards and full-fledged note-keeping, but I have Evernote and Zim). It can export to OpenDocument and PDF, import SVG, and supports AfterTheDeadline.

Best things in life are free shared! God bless the Document Foundation.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:30:03 am by tushantin »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: September 29, 2011, 08:52:14 pm »
I can't stop it. Soooo good.

[youtube]EDyonn3mQj8[/youtube]

Edit. I think I already posted this somewhere. Darnit. I better make up for it with another great song...

[youtube]KpkgpWBbdjo[/youtube]

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: September 30, 2011, 12:36:02 am »

I'll just leave this here.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: September 30, 2011, 04:38:40 am »
Well then, everything neato and technological just went kaput in the past couple days.  So it goes.  Currently dealing with the jazz, ah the blue jazz.  It comes and goes.  It's probably a result of working on The Shape Of Things which is good for a figurative kick in the face.  Great read, shitty after feelings.  Long story short, guy meets girl, they date, his life changes dramatically for "the better" and after he proposes he comes to find that her art project she's been working on all along was him, transforming him, his body, his face (quite literally a nose job) suggesting he leaves his friends, sextapes, all up on display for a crowd of people in a gallery.  Scene I've been working on takes place right after said display.  And somehow I'm not feeling like a bundle of rainbows right now!!!!!!

Regardless, I made to the finals of a comedy contest where if I win I open for Tim Allen, which is nothing short of awesome.  Auditions still come, and I still retreat to my ever lonely carpet square at the end of the nights.  Things are going well, yet this glum feeling remains.  Ugh, it's been absurd lately and my own general introspection is not good in times like these where I just have to keep plowing forward, even if only for a little bit.  I don't even know what I necessarily love about any of this.

Other than the fact that I'd rather be doing nothing else.

Okay almost nothing  8)

8/7

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3530 on: September 30, 2011, 05:29:05 am »
Long story short, guy meets girl, they date, his life changes dramatically for "the better" and after he proposes he comes to find that her art project she's been working on all along was him, transforming him, his body, his face (quite literally a nose job) suggesting he leaves his friends, sextapes, all up on display for a crowd of people in a gallery.
*shudders* That's... a sucker-punch to the gonads...

I don't even know what I necessarily love about any of this.
Other than the fact that I'd rather be doing nothing else.
Hell yeah! :D Go for it! There's simply no better bloke out there to impress Allen.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: September 30, 2011, 09:42:58 pm »
It doesn't look like it, but it feels and smells like autumn outside. Autumn makes me happy because it brings cooler temperatures, the rain (or at least that's true on the West Coast), and the holiday season.

I watched the sunset, gazed up at the waxing crescent moon, and hope to go outside again in a few minutes to try and catch my first glimpse of Venus as Vesper. It should already have been visible for a few weeks now, but I have yet to personally see it.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3532 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:38 pm »
It doesn't look like it, but it feels and smells like autumn outside. Autumn makes me happy because it brings cooler temperatures, the rain (or at least that's true on the West Coast), and the holiday season.

I watched the sunset, gazed up at the waxing crescent moon, and hope to go outside again in a few minutes to try and catch my first glimpse of Venus as Vesper. It should already have been visible for a few weeks now, but I have yet to personally see it.

I hear that man. It's been in the mid-to-upper 80's almost all week and tomorrow it's scheduled to only go as high as 67. Fall's definitely come, and hopefully it'll stay this time. I mean, it'll be October tomorrow. I've put up with the summer, the heat and the hurricane season. It's time for red leaves and cool air damnit.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: September 30, 2011, 11:13:39 pm »
I'll ship you guys some cold if you want it—temperatures are supposed to start to drop below freezing at night around here as of this week. ;P

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3534 on: October 04, 2011, 07:40:05 am »
Allan Pinkerton has been added to my Heroes list. HELL YEAH!

Now I just need to give someone a portal gun...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3535 on: October 06, 2011, 04:13:03 pm »
www.filestube.com/9BLyse5zy4SjpICoDlrEtP/Star-Wars-The-Imperial-March-flac.html

The track eight version of the march. Listen to it with bass high on the equalizer. Now that's power. I'm sorry I didn't discover this beefier, more beautiful version of the Imperial March until this late age. It beats the living shit out of the other one.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: October 07, 2011, 03:51:09 am »
I saw Tron (the new one) this evening with D and oh my god the soundtrack.  So. Damn. Gorgeous.  Two of my friends who also have synesthesia said that the soundtrack is a synesthete's dream and they were right.

Edit:: whoops, I accidentally typed in D's real name.  Having both Facebook, my blog, AND this site open apparently confused me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:56:55 am by Sajainta »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: October 07, 2011, 04:41:46 am »
Word is I booked a tv pilot.  And then I went to scene study.

Debunk the myth of arrival.

But still great fucking news!!!  SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT!!!!!!!

:shee

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: October 07, 2011, 02:41:48 pm »
HELLS YEAH SHEE!

In similar news, I was at a shoot for work this whole week, and a young newbie actor absolutely TORE UP the scene in the script that I was most proud to see to life (read as: it was actually TV-style exciting, and not educational film stuff). It was his first real gig and he was just stunning; on top of that, our client happened to come by during the scene and kept talking about how good the actor was sounding and how much he loved the dialogue. The client doesn't exactly know the ins and outs of scriptwriting, but it was heartwarming.

That was worth all of the abject asshattery I described in the hate thread.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 02:52:22 pm by Syna »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3539 on: October 07, 2011, 04:12:26 pm »
XD

Fine, I'll put up a goal here. My current dream is to experience what Shee and Syna just experienced.

"Ice Cream? I'll have what these blokes are having."