Author Topic: Dialogue Enhancements Commentary Thread (old)  (Read 24059 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Dialogue Enhancements Commentary Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2007, 03:00:19 am »
as for the evil AI I was joking  8)

I would like to add Comet, Comet2 but who would even have that?

I am prolly getting ahead of myself here but 8 meg ROM could be 2x the amount of techs.

2x PCs too. (Glenn ABSOLUTELY for sure - kill Magus and you get him, also he and Cyrus for Frog King quest?!)
I would add Cyrus playable ONLY for the sake of the scenes where you travel with Glenn from Guardia to Guardia Forest, to Guardia Forest Northwest (could be a new area for that part)
get the medal, travel back south, to the Denadoro get the Masamune then Magus shows up, you fight him and Ozzie and after a few moves of you doing nothing to Magus (Cyrus would be on auto-fight for that part while glenn is weakened) then the Masamune is broken and the rest unfolds from there.... I *always* dreamed of making this part playable; I sersioulsy hope we can expand that much, then I can add massive item synth for a bunch of new enchanted weapons that could take many hours to get all the ingredients for (which we'd also have all those new blank quest items)... hehe hehe I am starting to really like this ROM hacking stuff.

If we can use any other playable characters as TEMP PCs maybe TOMA could join the party for a short while in the Rbow shell quest then he leaves after.. I think parts where you need a PC to help you would be cool. If there are 7 PCs and we can have 7 more thats 4 after Glenn, Cyrus(temp), Toma(temp?)....... Schala(temp? maybe if you take the Zeal Library Dungeon to the throneroom instead you can get her for a short while**)

I would like to add a part where you go through this small book puzzle dungeon, you watch the Zeal Throneroom special scene then everyone leaves and you can sneak around Zeal and you some how get caught later... and slightly alter what happens for a shortwhile (they overall outcome will still be the same - zeal destroyed) I don't know the rest.... but this could be another potential outcome of player choice. The more choices the better!

What do you think of all this? I know it's insane, but I could make small updates and over time it would be complete. A VAST expansion of CT based on outcomes and choices.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2007, 03:22:26 am »
as for the evil AI I was joking  8)
Ohokay.

I would like to add Comet, Comet2 but who would even have that?

Crono. He's Sky elemental, and since comets and meteors and what have you fall from the sky, it makes sense.
I am prolly getting ahead of myself here but 8 meg ROM could be 2x the amount of techs.
Two times, eh?
2x PCs too. (Glenn ABSOLUTELY for sure - kill Magus and you get him, also he and Cyrus for Frog King quest?!)
I would add Cyrus playable ONLY for the sake of the scenes where you travel with Glenn from Guardia to Guardia Forest, to Guardia Forest Northwest (could be a new area for that part)
get the medal, travel back south, to the Denadoro get the Masamune then Magus shows up, you fight him and Ozzie and after a few moves of you doing nothing to Magus (Cyrus would be on auto-fight for that part while glenn is weakened) then the Masamune is broken and the rest unfolds from there.... I *always* dreamed of making this part playable; I sersioulsy hope we can expand that much, then I can add massive item synth for a bunch of new enchanted weapons that could take many hours to get all the ingredients for (which we'd also have all those new blank quest items)... hehe hehe I am starting to really like this ROM hacking stuff.
I don't know...the last thing we'd want to do is introduce a character that is playable in only one part and have them hacked back in by players for other parts. Still...if it's doable, we can definitely consider it. I'd prefer to not have this part playable though, or at the very least, we only control Glenn, since it is his memory.
If we can use any other playable characters as TEMP PCs maybe TOMA could join the party for a short while in the Rbow shell quest then he leaves after.. I think parts where you need a PC to help you would be cool. If there are 7 PCs and we can have 7 more thats 4 after Glenn, Cyrus(temp), Toma(temp?)....... Schala(temp? maybe if you take the Zeal Library Dungeon to the throneroom instead you can get her for a short while**)
Nonono. The only one I would even consider would be Cyrus for the flashback...I don't want to see anymore of these temp PCs. The amount of programming we'd have to mess with to get them to work in only the sections we want, plus hacking and all sorts of other stuff...I really, really don't think it is a good idea. They simply wouldn't work in the system Chrono Trigger has.

Now...if we could add an occasional fourth PC a la Final Fantasy XII's guest system...that I would go for.
I would like to add a part where you go through this small book puzzle dungeon, you watch the Zeal Throneroom special scene then everyone leaves and you can sneak around Zeal and you some how get caught later... and slightly alter what happens for a shortwhile (they overall outcome will still be the same - zeal destroyed) I don't know the rest.... but this could be another potential outcome of player choice. The more choices the better!
Eh...I think it would mess up the storyline a wee bit and confuse the players. Besides...the peeps in the throne room are going to notice Crono and friends no matter what they do. It screws with plot logic to do this. I agree with choices, but I want minor choices that only affect a few bits and pieces, as I do not want to tread on canon more than we have to.
What do you think of all this? I know it's insane, but I could make small updates and over time it would be complete. A VAST expansion of CT based on outcomes and choices.
I think that is something to set aside till we have the main thing done, if we do it. It sounds great, yes, but I'm not sure there would be a point to it.

Instead, what I'd like to do after we have Chrono Trigger + done is start up a new project to create a Chrono Trigger style Radical Dreamers. (I'd say Chrono style Chrono Cross but that would be far, far, far too complicated.) What do you think of that, eh? Make Radical Dreamers more interesting for all interested parties.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2007, 01:49:20 pm »
Ok, no extra PCs is fine, (forgot about the "get extra person then don't get them pernamently makes everyone mad thing")

As for 2x overworlds, locations, weapons, items, monsters.... I would love to do all that...

:shock: I have thought about making Cross into a CT engine base, that would be insane...

As for RD? That would be cool, maybe kindof hard to do (I'll think about this for a while, maybe if we're really lucky, after CT+ is done, everyone will want to be part of this project.... I would gladly do maps, code scripts, and cuts-cenes for this project, but I lack RD knowledge to be able to lead such a project. I do think this would be awesome if done.

Also, book puzzle is just another way to the throneroom when going to save Schala, if you take it nothing happens except you get a few items for going through a mini-dungeon. THis probably sounds much better. Works for me, as long as I get to add another possible play choice and area.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 02:20:46 pm by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2007, 10:20:06 pm »
But it messes with the whole charging up of the pendent bit. Now, having the book puzzle as a side minidungeon is fine with me...and I thought that was the secret passage to the Zeal Library anyway...but I'd prefer only one-way into the Zeal Throneroom.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2007, 01:39:52 am »
Whoops, I should've been more specific. The pendant part would still be first, the book puzzle would've been just an alternate way to get into the thronroom after Schala is taken. This way the throneroom door could have been completely sealed (after they know that you can open their doors)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2007, 08:22:14 am »
Whoops, I should've been more specific. The pendant part would still be first, the book puzzle would've been just an alternate way to get into the thronroom after Schala is taken. This way the throneroom door could have been completely sealed (after they know that you can open their doors)
Oh. Well that would actually make a lot more sense, then, and I say go for it. I could even write up a few lines for everyone to say about the completely sealed door, too.

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2007, 04:06:28 pm »
I have one tiny little nitpicky nuisance to add from a gramatical Nazi standpoint...

When talking about possessives using 's, you always use 's unless it's a plural fromed by adding s.  Basically...  it would be Magus's army, Magus's magic, and Magus's history, not Magus' anything unless you're talking about the army of two Magu.  The same goes for Janus.  Schala is Janus's sister, not the sister of two Janu.  It's a point of irritation for me and every time I read something like that I kinda roll my eyes, grit my teeth, and sigh.

Okay, I'm done ranting...  You can go check up with MLA format if you want to argue the finer points of grammatical correctness with me :D  Everything else looks pretty peachy keen to me.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2007, 02:05:07 am »
I have one tiny little nitpicky nuisance to add from a gramatical Nazi standpoint...

When talking about possessives using 's, you always use 's unless it's a plural fromed by adding s.  Basically...  it would be Magus's army, Magus's magic, and Magus's history, not Magus' anything unless you're talking about the army of two Magu.  The same goes for Janus.  Schala is Janus's sister, not the sister of two Janu.  It's a point of irritation for me and every time I read something like that I kinda roll my eyes, grit my teeth, and sigh.

Okay, I'm done ranting...  You can go check up with MLA format if you want to argue the finer points of grammatical correctness with me :D  Everything else looks pretty peachy keen to me.

Good point.