Author Topic: Gundam Seed  (Read 11170 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Gundam Seed
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2007, 12:06:21 pm »
Gundam Wing had the best fights....SEED fights were ok but the talking was gay. SEED Destiny had 1 or 2 good fights but most of the rest (actually, about 90% of the show) were rehashed animations from earlier in the show and even from SEED.
Didn't notice this...

And Gundam Wing didn't have rehashed animation?  It had plenty, and the quality of animation wasn't nearly up to SEED's level.

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2007, 05:53:33 pm »
Gundam Wing had the best fights....SEED fights were ok but the talking was gay. SEED Destiny had 1 or 2 good fights but most of the rest (actually, about 90% of the show) were rehashed animations from earlier in the show and even from SEED.

Right, if you think that gundams that were invincable and never hit, as a good fight. Wing also used more rehashed scenes then any other gundam.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2007, 06:39:36 pm »

Right, if you think that gundams that were invincable and never hit, as a good fight. Wing also used more rehashed scenes then any other gundam.
Even more than the original?  I find that hard to believe.

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2007, 11:37:46 pm »

Even more than the original?  I find that hard to believe.

Aye, let me rephrase.  From the ones I have seen, I can personally say wing has the most repeated, followed by seed (the one from the end where it uses the circle shot really got old and not counting recap episodes).

So in order

wing
seed
destiny
zeta
g fighter.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2007, 02:16:57 pm »
Does that mean you never saw the original?  At least SEED switched around Gundams, like from the Strike to the Freedom, and the Aegis to the Justice.  The Original had Gundam...  And stuck with it till the very end.

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2007, 06:19:07 pm »
No I didn't see any till a few years ago. The animation for the original was just to old for me to enjoy. I had a hard time with zeta.

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2007, 09:39:45 pm »

Is this a fact? Because SEED Destiny has WAY too many reused scenes, I really doubt Wing has more rehashed scenes than Destiny. I may be wrong though, I haven't seen Wing in like 3 years.

"Gundams that were invincible and never hit"

You've got to be joking me. What do you think SEED Destiny is? >_> I'll admit that SEED may be better than Wing, but SEED Destiny, hell no. SEED Destiny only did reasonably well because it's SEED's sequel and because well, it's Gundam.

Quote from: Sentenal
And Gundam Wing didn't have rehashed animation?  It had plenty, and the quality of animation wasn't nearly up to SEED's level.
Once again, maybe when comparing it to SEED, but Destiny's animation--except for a few key moments--has incredibly bad, rehashed animation. In fact, I'd say about 60% of the fights are just rehashed animation. I'll even use examples.

Freedom does it's "All weapons unload" attack way too many times in SEED...and way too many times in Destiny as well. Even the Strike Freedom has an edited version of the attack. Freedom always has the same boring moveset which gets annoying fast.

The I. Justice has most of the original Justice's moveset except for a few animations. These new animations are rehashed twice (in the two fights its in), which looks really lame.

Basically the entire Strike Freedom vs. Legend fight is rehashed from SEED.

Destiny has 3 or 4 animations that it repeats in every single fight and gets annoying, old, boring, and stupid really really REALLY fast.

These are the most notable in my opinion. There are others like the impulse stuff, but w/e. I guess there might be a lot in Wing as well, but like i said, I haven't seen it in a while. But that's just sad if it has more rehashing than Destiny. :(

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2007, 12:12:56 am »
No I didn't see any till a few years ago. The animation for the original was just to old for me to enjoy. I had a hard time with zeta.

Then try watching zeta gundam movie.  The zeta movie is the official canon according to Yoshiyuki Tomino & ten times better than the original series.

You've got to be joking me. What do you think SEED Destiny is? >_> I'll admit that SEED may be better than Wing, but SEED Destiny, hell no. SEED Destiny only did reasonably well because it's SEED's sequel and because well, it's Gundam.

Is that also a fact or your personal opinion that SEED destiny is a success? Unless you have something to back it out then I disagree with you.

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2007, 05:45:19 pm »

Is this a fact? Because SEED Destiny has WAY too many reused scenes, I really doubt Wing has more rehashed scenes than Destiny. I may be wrong though, I haven't seen Wing in like 3 years.

"Gundams that were invincible and never hit"

Quote from: Sentenal
Once again, maybe when comparing it to SEED, but Destiny's animation--except for a few key moments--has incredibly bad, rehashed animation. In fact, I'd say about 60% of the fights are just rehashed animation. I'll even use examples.

Freedom does it's "All weapons unload" attack way too many times in SEED...and way too many times in Destiny as well. Even the Strike Freedom has an edited version of the attack. Freedom always has the same boring moveset which gets annoying fast.

The I. Justice has most of the original Justice's moveset except for a few animations. These new animations are rehashed twice (in the two fights its in), which looks really lame.

Basically the entire Strike Freedom vs. Legend fight is rehashed from SEED.

Destiny has 3 or 4 animations that it repeats in every single fight and gets annoying, old, boring, and stupid really really REALLY fast.

These are the most notable in my opinion. There are others like the impulse stuff, but w/e. I guess there might be a lot in Wing as well, but like i said, I haven't seen it in a while. But that's just sad if it has more rehashing than Destiny. :(

That comes from me having watched them in the past 3 years and that is what I honestly noticed. I also found destiny not as up to par as seed was though. However, wing is most known for having the strongest gundams there is, especially zero. Practically the only time they were even ever injured was when they fought eachother. The theme I got from wing was "The invinciables". Besides, the women in it were so ugly.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2007, 11:12:51 am »
In Gundam WING, they were supposed to be 'Invinisible Mobile Suits'.  I remmeber them saying Gundams are mobile suits made out of Gundamium or something, and indestructable metal.

And the Gundams never were damage, never defeated unless they fought another Gundam.  Nothing could touch the Wing Gundam, the Deathsythe lived forever, and just when you think that the gundams are going to be vulnerable, things like Wing Zero, Deathsythe Hell, and other suits like that show up.  Not to mention the most important part of the series, the characters were incredibly boring, without any personality for the most part.

In SEED, I prefered the first part of the series, because Gundams weren't invinisible.  Kira in the Strike was given good fights from just GINNs and BuCUEs.  Once he got the Freedom, yeah, that was when it seemed like the Invinisible Mobile Suit, and only really had problems with other Gundams.  And if Destiny showed us anything with the destruction of the Freedom, by an inferior mobile suit, they aren't invinisible mobile suits in that.

As far as I'm conserned, ALL Giant Robot animes rehash animation.  They did it in Original Gundam, they do it in Robotech, they did it Gundam SEED, Wing, all of them.  However, when grading animation, you have to look at the quality of animation.  The animation in SEED and SEED Destiny were alot better than that in Wing, simply because its a new show.

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2007, 11:23:35 pm »
Quote from: Magus068
Is that also a fact or your personal opinion that SEED destiny is a success? Unless you have something to back it out then I disagree with you.
Based on how well GSD's done in the Japanese market (although I can't say for sure), I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it's been successful. They're even making a movie.

And yeah, I agree with the rest of you guys about WING having overly-powerful Gundams, but it still does a better job than SEED Destiny. I Destiny, no one can hurt the "strongest" suits--no one, not even another one of the strongest suits. The one exception is Shinn, who actually defeated Kira (which was actually a good fight).

"Boring" characters? Though I agree to an extent, how can you not say Duo is awesome? 8) Also, Kira is one of the most static characters ever, in GSD. He's incredibly easy to follow, and everything he says is easy to predict; probably due to the fact that he says the same thing over and over again. Athrun, Shinn, and even Cagalli were better at least. Then there's people like Lunamaria who are there only for fanservice, and Meyrin, who never do anything during the whole series, become important for 1 episode, and then get cast into the shadows again. IMO, GSD is a series that started off great, could have continued its greatness, but failed.

Quote from: Rydis
Besides, the women in it were so ugly.
LOL I agree totally.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2007, 12:36:26 am »
Bish, Duo is the exception!  He actually was a character, not a gay robot.

Gundam SEED is tons better than GSD.  Kira had tons of development in that (SEED).  In GSD, Kira just flew around and unplugged other people's controllers.  You have Cagalli who had tons of development in Gundam SEED, and although cried the first half of GSD, came around in the end.  Athrun got worse in GSD, and didn't come around till like the final storyarc of the series.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2007, 07:05:06 am »
Quote from: Magus068
Based on how well GSD's done in the Japanese market (although I can't say for sure), I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it's been successful. They're even making a movie.

UCG owns the japanese market & it even has its own online simulator of UC gundam(its sad to say that it will not expand beyond japan.)

Bandai's GS series targets primarily foreign audience since UC dominates the japanese market.   I know what makes bandai tick since I keep a constant update on its products.

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2007, 11:44:56 pm »
Bish, Duo is the exception!  He actually was a character, not a gay robot.

Gundam SEED is tons better than GSD.  Kira had tons of development in that (SEED).  In GSD, Kira just flew around and unplugged other people's controllers.  You have Cagalli who had tons of development in Gundam SEED, and although cried the first half of GSD, came around in the end.  Athrun got worse in GSD, and didn't come around till like the final storyarc of the series.
I agree completely. :lol:

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2007, 02:49:28 am »
If you guys had to rank the strongest Gundams, spanning all the series, how would you rank them?  And this assumes their default pilot, like Hiro in Wing Zero, Amuro in Nu Gundam, Kira in Strike Freedom.