Author Topic: Gundam Seed  (Read 11172 times)

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Gundam Seed
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 01:03:12 pm »
Mwu is incredibly manly, that is how he surrived.  How else except someone who is Man-incarnate could survive blowing up, and then surviving in space without a helmet?

The Freedom had a Neutron Jammer Canceler equipped.  The mobile suit was powered by a nuclear reactor, and when Shinn stabbed it, it chain reacted.  That huge-ass explosion after the fact had to be nuclear.  A convensional mobile suit doesn't blow up that much.

True, but explosion is limited due to the neutron jammer still in effect.  When a nuclear explosion occur, neutrons are prevented to collide with other neutrons because of the neutron jammer thus limiting the explosion. 
I suppose they did tone down the explosion, because the Impulse was right next to the Freedom when it chain reacted, but the explosion was still much bigger and more powerful than normal.

But it still lacks EMP & radiation which comes after the nuclear explosion.  Its just a normal explosion since it lacks the traits of a nuclear explosion.
When Orb's Murasames blow up, there's a teeny little explosion. When the Freedom blows, it covers a HUGE amount of distance. Although that's not saying it was a full nuclear explosion, it's proof enough that the explosion would have killed any normal man. Plot dictates however, that Kira aka "Jesus" can never die.

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 02:51:47 pm »
Mwu is incredibly manly, that is how he surrived.  How else except someone who is Man-incarnate could survive blowing up, and then surviving in space without a helmet?

The Freedom had a Neutron Jammer Canceler equipped.  The mobile suit was powered by a nuclear reactor, and when Shinn stabbed it, it chain reacted.  That huge-ass explosion after the fact had to be nuclear.  A convensional mobile suit doesn't blow up that much.

True, but explosion is limited due to the neutron jammer still in effect.  When a nuclear explosion occur, neutrons are prevented to collide with other neutrons because of the neutron jammer thus limiting the explosion. 
I suppose they did tone down the explosion, because the Impulse was right next to the Freedom when it chain reacted, but the explosion was still much bigger and more powerful than normal.

But it still lacks EMP & radiation which comes after the nuclear explosion.  Its just a normal explosion since it lacks the traits of a nuclear explosion.
When Orb's Murasames blow up, there's a teeny little explosion. When the Freedom blows, it covers a HUGE amount of distance. Although that's not saying it was a full nuclear explosion, it's proof enough that the explosion would have killed any normal man. Plot dictates however, that Kira aka "Jesus" can never die.

But Jesus did die....

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 09:49:44 pm »
That is what he wants you to think.

As far as radiation from the explosion, I don't think there is anyway for us to know that.  For all we know, their ships had radation shielding of some sort.

And as for EMP, ZAFT stuff is equipped with things that cancel out the effects of EMP.  Remmeber in Gundam Seed, when ZAFT attacked Panama, and detonated an EMP device?  The ZAFT mobile suits were uneffected by it, while the Earth Forces who didn't have them equipped, got pwned.

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 10:03:43 pm »
That is what he wants you to think.

As far as radiation from the explosion, I don't think there is anyway for us to know that.  For all we know, their ships had radation shielding of some sort.

And as for EMP, ZAFT stuff is equipped with things that cancel out the effects of EMP.  Remmeber in Gundam Seed, when ZAFT attacked Panama, and detonated an EMP device?  The ZAFT mobile suits were uneffected by it, while the Earth Forces who didn't have them equipped, got pwned.

Zaft Mobile suits were affected gy the system under the alaska base.  That wasn't a nuclear explosion, it looked alot like what Genesis used, and that destroyed zaft ships also. WHy do you think Yzak was rushing out and Kira had to help him?

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 01:20:31 am »
We know the reaction at Alaska base wasn't nuclear, because the Earth Alliance didn't even have NJ cancelers at the time to produce a Nuclear Reaction.

And I'm not sure if this is applicable, I'm no physicist, but many Nuclear Weapons were detonated in space at the end of Gundam Seed, and the start of Destiny, yet the Mobile Suits fighting out there didn't seem to be effected.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 04:12:10 am »
We know the reaction at Alaska base wasn't nuclear, because the Earth Alliance didn't even have NJ cancelers at the time to produce a Nuclear Reaction.

And I'm not sure if this is applicable, I'm no physicist, but many Nuclear Weapons were detonated in space at the end of Gundam Seed, and the start of Destiny, yet the Mobile Suits fighting out there didn't seem to be effected.

Haven't you forgotten that space is filled with cosmic radiation that MS require adequate shielding?  Moreover, if a ground type MS has a radiation & EMP shielding equip it will be a burden since it add extra weight thus reduces mobility & add extra cost for every MS.  If the Earth Alliance is that rich then they won't need to build a mass produce MS & then all pilots would use gundams would they?

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 05:11:05 am »
All I'm saying, is the standard ZAFT GINN had EMP shielding.  When ZAFT attacked Panama in GS, they won the battle by detonating an EMP device, that disabled all the EA mobile suits, tanks, etc etc.  It also somehow destroyed their Mass Driver.  Regardless, the GINNs were not disabled by the EMP device.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 07:42:57 am »
I didn't recall any EMP shielding on a standard ZGMF-1017...  Even in the official Gundam site doesn't mentioned any EMP shielding of any ZAFT MS.  Its possible that ZAFT especially equip those GINNs with some sort of EMP shielding on Operation Spit Break but it's not practical to equip those armor on a GINN since it will hinder its perfomance as an aerial MS.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2007, 04:29:24 am »
Personally, I think Zeta if my favorite.

My three main problems i have with seed is...

1. Have the guys look like girls..... not saying that to be mean or anything, they look very..... feminine

2. Young men crying during mobile suit battles.  "I know other gundam series did this, but this one seemed to do it more often then the others."

3. Many of the women character's had big busts, but this may have been done because of number one so it would be easier to tell. Some people may not find that one as bad though,  others not so much.

I never got to see GSD, but i heard they where able to "avoided/improve" on some of those.

Overall though, the series was very good.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 04:32:19 am by lockgar »

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2007, 12:54:25 am »
1. Mwu doesn't look like a girl...maybe Kira and Athrun might. Cagalli looks like a man though.

2. Yeah... >_>

3. That's a good thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 04:41:31 am »
Personally, I think Zeta if my favorite.

My three main problems i have with seed is...

1. Have the guys look like girls..... not saying that to be mean or anything, they look very..... feminine

2. Young men crying during mobile suit battles.  "I know other gundam series did this, but this one seemed to do it more often then the others."

3. Many of the women character's had big busts, but this may have been done because of number one so it would be easier to tell. Some people may not find that one as bad though,  others not so much.

I never got to see GSD, but i heard they where able to "avoided/improve" on some of those.

Overall though, the series was very good.

As a fellow UC fan... Howdy!   There's one more thing to add...

1.) There's a debate whether that GS series is considered as a real or super robot.

2.) GS series has the more fanservice than any Gundam series(I have no problem with that though.) :D

3.) Since that there's no Minovsky particles in GS, why can't they use long-range mobile weapons?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 04:56:12 am by Magus068 »

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2007, 06:57:00 am »
Athrun Kira, Nicol, Yzak, even after he gets that scar. I would type more of them, but the four mentioned are good enough.
Cagalli looked about as manly as Kira....... I never once mistook her for a guy.

The fan service I did not have that big of a problem with, "heh heh, SD gundam" however, I get annoyed if they put too much of it. It did make it easier for me to know who was what. "heh heh, bouncy, no gravity"

Since that there's no Minovsky particles in GS, why can't they use long-range mobile weapons?
I wounder that myself, I think it may have something to do with the fact that every GS gundam had to be greater than or equal to the double zeta.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:18 pm »
I wounder that myself, I think it may have something to do with the fact that every GS gundam had to be greater than or equal to the double zeta.

Or maybe equal to that of Nu & Crossbone Gundam.

The sad thing about the Double Zeta is that Yoshiyuki Tomino directed only 1/3 of the entire series.

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 09:38:57 pm »
On to another topic of the SEED universe....what is your favorite MS? I'd have to say the original Justice. Infinite Justice was cool too, but it had about 1/5000th of the amount of screen time the original had. :lee:

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 10:26:39 pm »
On to another topic of the SEED universe....what is your favorite MS? I'd have to say the original Justice. Infinite Justice was cool too, but it had about 1/5000th of the amount of screen time the original had. :lee:

I liked the tailed gundam Treiz pilots from wing.