Author Topic: Crazy Ideas Thread (outdated)  (Read 28795 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Ideas Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 07:21:37 am »
Well, by NPC named Kyronea, I really meant it as a secret interactable one that talks about Chrono Trigger + rather than a character in the game, as I wouldn't want a character in the game named after me, since that would dumb.

...well...actually if we were going to insert a secret room with NPCs of us talking about Chrono Trigger+, the Cleft of Dimensions would make more sense. Perhaps a secret room in the Village That Time Forgot somewhere, kinda like all the crazy rooms in that village in Final Fantasy V.(Or was it IV? I don't remember.)

Yes, it could involve Schala, certainly. Of course we can go wild with it since it's not canon, like all of the other endings, so there's no need to consider Chrono Cross.

Speaking of Cross...perhaps we should try to work a few references to events in Cross in the main "real" ending. You know, like how the anime cutscenes showed Lucca finding Kid? Perhaps an epilogue sequence after the credits are done or something. It might not work well, though. I don't know.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 07:31:24 am »
Well, by NPC named Kyronea, I really meant it as a secret interactable one that talks about Chrono Trigger + rather than a character in the game, as I wouldn't want a character in the game named after me, since that would dumb.

...well...actually if we were going to insert a secret room with NPCs of us talking about Chrono Trigger+, the Cleft of Dimensions would make more sense. Perhaps a secret room in the Village That Time Forgot somewhere, kinda like all the crazy rooms in that village in Final Fantasy V.(Or was it IV? I don't remember.)

Yeah, FF5 inspired me.
When released, there will be no knowledge of "Village That Time Forgot", it will probably be somewhat hidden... (hehe, I want this mod to be chock-full of secrets that will be untold of in the release)
(we can talk about it here though)
...most people will assume the Cleft of Dimensions will just be a high-leveling spot with really good items. Not knowing there are secret quests and bosses.

Yes, it could involve Schala, certainly. Of course we can go wild with it since it's not canon, like all of the other endings, so there's no need to consider Chrono Cross.

Speaking of Cross...perhaps we should try to work a few references to events in Cross in the main "real" ending. You know, like how the anime cutscenes showed Lucca finding Kid? Perhaps an epilogue sequence after the credits are done or something. It might not work well, though. I don't know.
[/quote]

Yeah, definitely. An extended ending would be prime indeed.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 07:34:54 am »
Well, alright then, that's settled.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm ridiculously tired because I stayed up far too late and need some sleep. I'll be working on more of the extended storyline dialogue when I awaken, and anything else that might've come to mind, such as ideas about the new ending we're creating.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 07:43:09 am »
Well, alright then, that's settled.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm ridiculously tired because I stayed up far too late and need some sleep. I'll be working on more of the extended storyline dialogue when I awaken, and anything else that might've come to mind, such as ideas about the new ending we're creating.

Righty-o, I'm going to stay up and work on stuff. (slept all day) May Doreen visit and inspire you.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 11:58:13 am »
Music

Battle Music Changes:   
------------------------
Gauntlet Battles:      Battle 2 (previously unused)
Zenan Bridge                 "
Denadoro Guantlet      "
Magus Lair Guantlets            "
Ocean Palace Lift         "

(harder battles like fighting Trihorns in the Valley of the Giants will use Battle 2 also)

Area Music:
------------
Truce Canyon
Plays Underground Sewer (seeing as this will be a larger area, it needs music)

Manoria Cathedral
Plays Confusing Melody, after Yakra uses Silent Light

Denadoro Mts
Plays Silent Light instead of Underground Sewer

Death Peak
Plays Singing Mountain (sounds great for the mood in the game, and gives excuse to use it somewhere)

There are a few more music tweaks but I can't remember what they are. (very small changes)

Intstrument changes:
The Day the World Revivied - changed Vibraphone to Choir (sounds AWESOME)
World Revolution - changed trumpet to Choir (also, sounds very cool)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 08:43:18 pm »
Holy cow am I in the dark! I really need to catch up on things! Sheesh! I'll sort through this thread and put my opinions on things. I'll only add new answer/questions to things I don;t agree on or I think should be tweaked a little. No reason to make a long thread, of just going.

1. Sounds good!

2. Great!

3. You get the picture!

Anyways, look forward to Glennleo's awesome ideas. One of which being Frog's(or possibly human Glenn's) new final tech.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 01:04:07 am »
If possible, we should compose a new music track to use in places like Truce Canyon. No offense to Mitsuda-san, but I really don't like Underground Sewer, so we should consider alterations and/or new tracks in place of where we might use it. (Except for the Sewer Access of course, as that's where it is meant to be used and should be used.)

If we're going to use Singing Mountain on Death Peak, let's see if we can't alter it to sound a wee bit sadder, as I think in its current version it's too cheerful for Death Peak.

We might want to consider using Battle 2 in the Tyrano Lair as well, as I believe that's where it was originally meant to be used. While we're at it, use it in the Giant's Claw as well, since having the Tyrano Lair music going on through the entire Claw gets very boring, very fast, especially since we'll be expanding it.(again, no offense to Uematsu-san.)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 01:13:33 am »
If possible, we should compose a new music track to use in places like Truce Canyon. No offense to Mitsuda-san, but I really don't like Underground Sewer, so we should consider alterations and/or new tracks in place of where we might use it. (Except for the Sewer Access of course, as that's where it is meant to be used and should be used.)

If we're going to use Singing Mountain on Death Peak, let's see if we can't alter it to sound a wee bit sadder, as I think in its current version it's too cheerful for Death Peak.

We might want to consider using Battle 2 in the Tyrano Lair as well, as I believe that's where it was originally meant to be used. While we're at it, use it in the Giant's Claw as well, since having the Tyrano Lair music going on through the entire Claw gets very boring, very fast, especially since we'll be expanding it.(again, no offense to Uematsu-san.)

1. Wow. I'm not the only one who disliked this. I was only going to use it because of the water sounds. We can replace it with something (maybe from RD or FF6 - since they are compatable with CT). I also want to use a remix for the battle 1 theme, if it's going to be used alot early I want it to sound better.

2. That operation is already underway, I just have to find the best combination of instruments. I will experiment with until I get it perfect.

3. As for the Tyrano Lair battles, yeah that music will definately be changed. It does get very repetitive. (Maybe have only the outside battles use the Tyrano Lair Music and all inside battles use battle 2? This way it's mixed so you don't get sick of both, and Tyrano Lair is quite large of an area.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 01:16:34 am »
For the Tyrano Lair, that should work quite well.

Oh, if possible, I want to see if we can, in a later version, import Victory: Spring's Gift and Victory: Summer's Cry and use them as victory themes in the game like they were used in Chrono Cross. I also want to see if we can import Dreamwatch of Time and use it somewhere, because it is super fantastic.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 01:18:40 am »
Just curious where you guys are from. It seems like when I'm heading to bed you guys are just getting started.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 01:21:23 am »
Oh, I slept all day thanks to having stayed up far later than I should have the night before. I'm in Colorado meself.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 01:22:42 am »
All I'll say is it's 11:20 p.m.  where I am at (Minnesota) and I'll be on for 4 more hours.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 01:33:38 am »
Well I didn't mean exactly where you live. I just meant time zone. See I'm EST, Zak is CST, and Kyr is MT? w/e mountain time is. That explains why I'm asleep and you guys are chatting is all.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 01:35:59 am »
Ah. I also usually stay up very late (5 am) but tomorrow I have to work at 11 am.  :x

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 02:05:49 am »
12,000 BC - Golems Cave
Where the mountain in 12,000BC which will become Guardia's mountain? I'm talking about the mountain behind Guardia Castle.

Frozen Catacombs (Golem Cave Upper Floor)
Smoldering Caverns (Golem Cave Lower Floor)

Defeat Golem Lord (REAL "Golem Boss" battle, 28,000 HP) and Dalton at the same time! (maybe) many Golems are hostile and will attack the PCs
Also have some Golems that are neutral (the lava cave *would* make smity for great weapons, maybe have some kind of cinematic where Melchior learned from some Master Smith -- I KNOW, A FLASHBACK that Melchior has when you first show him the Masamune and he says:

MELCHIOR: Th..this sword...it's the{line break}
.{delay 01}.{delay 01}.{delay 01}Masamune!{line break}
How did you get it?{null}

MELCHIOR: ...{page break}
It's a...long story.{null}

<Shows a breif scene of Melchior remembering learning from the Master Smith>
(I'll probably use the name "Ignis" (latin for Fire) for the Smith -- if this idea doesn't contradict anything it would work well.)

Melchior had to learn atleast *some* of his dreamstone secrets from someone.

(If this passes the contradict test, and is usable I'll add it to the Extended Storyline Events
thread.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:07:59 am by Zakyrus »