Author Topic: Crazy Ideas Thread (outdated)  (Read 28805 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Crazy Ideas Thread (outdated)
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:40:31 pm »
This is where we can discuss whatever random ideas come into our minds regarding Chrono Trigger +, so we don't clutter up other threads with them and keep this forum organized.

I, for instance, had an interesting idea regarding Magus' Reaper scythe: perhaps instead of always killing an enemy, you have to "charge it up" via BlackHole? That is, use Blackhole on a number of enemies and then use the gathered energy of the enemies to allow the Reaper a one-hit KO? This would allow for the BlackHole tech to actually be useful, since I find I never actually use it.

I was also wondering if we should not replace the Cure 2 tech of Frog and Marle with something else, perhaps moving the Frog Squash and Life 2 techs up one slot and placing in the bottom slot an ultimate Water tech and ultimate Ice tech respectively. Then we could change around double techs, make Antipode 3 this ultimate Ice attack, shift Marle's participation in Dark Eternal to this ultimate ice attack, create a couple new triple techs involving Crono, Magus, and Marle/Frog(Omega Force/Storm, perhaps?) and all manner of things like that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:01:50 pm by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Ideas Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 05:01:30 am »
1. I like this, then the weapon won't be uber-cheap. Also, when I can edit graphics I will replace Black Hole gfx with FF6's X-Zone gfx (much better).

2. Good idea. (Maybe call it Omega Tempest?)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:14:35 am »
1. Oh, goodie.

2. Well, the idea was that it was two different triple techs. While we're at it, perhaps a triple tech involving Crono, Magus, and Lucca? We could use Omega Tempest for that one if you'd like.

As for what to name the two new techs...Deluge and Blizzard, maybe? Just a thought.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 05:22:01 am »
Ok. If we have room, some physical attacks such as Vorpal Wind (Crono, Frog, Magus)... and maybe a few more

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 05:24:37 am »
Aye, so long as we can fit them all in the game. We'll have a couple tech slots open if we replace Cure 2 anyway, since both of the Cure 2s are used in several double techs.

I also think we should rig it so you don't need the rocks for the triple techs that don't involve Crono, if possible. The rocks are too clunky to make it worth using the techs, in my opinion.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 05:40:29 am »
Aye, so long as we can fit them all in the game. We'll have a couple tech slots open if we replace Cure 2 anyway, since both of the Cure 2s are used in several double techs.

I also think we should rig it so you don't need the rocks for the triple techs that don't involve Crono, if possible. The rocks are too clunky to make it worth using the techs, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I did have this one my "techs to add" list which, unfortunately can't find the disc that it's on at the moment.  :|
Fortunately, I KNOW that disc is somewhere in my room.

I hated the fact that you needed the rocks, if I can really learn to hack into the ROM well, I might make it so you have to learn techs by doing something special (ie. The tech that the Gold Rock gives "", would be learned at the moment Frog catches the Gold Rock instead of getting the rock item. THEN I could use the rocks for other cool accessories. (and CT *desperately* needs more acc. items)

I would like to make: (All of these would be VERY, VERY hard to find)
CherubDown (gives float status, earthquake based attacks nullifed)
EXP Booster - turns gil into EXP (VERY, VERY hard to find place)
Wall Ring   - casts "Wall" (which would reflect spells)
SeraphSong  - Recover 30MP per round
Relic       - ???? (will do *something*, not sure yet)
Offering    - Attack w/ tech "Confuse"
Gem Box       - Attack w/ 2x Techs (doesn't work Triple Techs or 2 duals in a row with the same PC!)
Econimizer  - MP cost for all techs(for that PC) = 2MP
SprintShoes - Haste (always running when moving around areas)

...Now, back on topic. We need to make alot of dual-techs for Magus (if it's possible to even do)
I can think of FireSword2, IceSword2, ... can't think of list...CURSES..

Anyways, I post the acc. list into an items topic later.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 05:46:08 am »
Hmm...many of those new accessories sound familiar...I wonder why...*coughFFVIcough* ;) The SeraphSong accessory sounds a wee bit broken, though, considering one can only have up to 99 MP. Perhaps a recovery of 5 MP instead?

If you want, go ahead and make a new thread for item lists and whatnot, to keep this place organized. We use this thread for most random discussion about various topics and all the other threads are for their specific topic alone. That way we never lose track of anything.

I think for Magus we should avoid duplicating double techs. A Shadow Sword tech--put together with his Dark Bomb--might be good, though.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 05:52:48 am »
Hmm...many of those new accessories sound familiar...I wonder why...*coughFFVIcough* ;) The SeraphSong accessory sounds a wee bit broken, though, considering one can only have up to 99 MP. Perhaps a recovery of 5 MP instead?

If you want, go ahead and make a new thread for item lists and whatnot, to keep this place organized. We use this thread for most random discussion about various topics and all the other threads are for their specific topic alone. That way we never lose track of anything.

I think for Magus we should avoid duplicating double techs. A Shadow Sword tech--put together with his Dark Bomb--might be good, though.

1. How 'bout 7HP (7 being a "holy" number)

2. Yeah, I'll post that when I finish updating a few things. Right now I am kind of multi-multi-tasking, trying to get lists sorted so I can post them; while posting at the same time.  :)

3. Yeah! Like Umber Sword.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 05:59:31 am »
1. 7 works for me.

2. Righto, then.

3. Something like that, at least. Perhaps Magus could have a dual tech with Frog involving Leap Slash and...say...Dark Mist? Something like Crono's (Magic)Sword techs, rather than being like Spire, though what I do not know. While we're at it, Confuse and Water Two needs to be turned into a tech...Swordstream 2, maybe.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 06:05:21 am »
3. Something like that, at least. Perhaps Magus could have a dual tech with Frog involving Leap Slash and...say...Dark Mist? Something like Crono's (Magic)Sword techs, rather than being like Spire, though what I do not know. While we're at it, Confuse and Water Two needs to be turned into a tech...Swordstream 2, maybe.

Definitely. I completely forgot about that. The graphics (when I get that far) could be awesome. Like a mini-Tsunami graphic following the trails of the sword when Crono attacks with the tech. I may also use this for the Swallow sword (which now is Tsunami sword like the Japanese version)

Also, the graphics of the Rainbow sword/trails will EVENTUALLY be using Mother Brain's rainbow anims. :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:17:58 am by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 06:17:36 am »

The Forest Ruins where the Sealed Pyramid is loacted, is now an actual forest (not just two screens)

So, I was thinking of adding the same enemy set as the Cursed Woods (tadpoles and such) for the first visit to Medina.
However, after the fall of Zeal and if you go to the Pyramid (and can open it) the forest will
be full of Zeal Mages that got thrown into the 1000 AD era (besides Melchior)... maybe they are trying to get into
the Sealed Pyramid for some reason... (just another mini-side quest idea) This one shouldn't really affect the storyline too much, seeing as many citizens of Zeal were scattered into many eras. We could have some enemies scattered aswell.

We could also have a party discussion about the pyramid (myth or something) if you go there the first time.

Also, reviving Crono should be necessary to cause Deitus's existance. (even though he 'always' existed in a "dreamless form". Though he *could* have taken Marle's form(during the Leene/Yakra quest), he felt Crono was far stronger.)

I like the idea that Marle should be too hysterical to use after the Zeal disaster, this would be very easy to implement with events.
I may also make it so Frog has to be in your party for Magus to even appear at the North Cape. (Or just force him to be temporary leader while Crono is "absent") Frog could say something about Magus being nearby so he should lead (or have the party "vote" him leader because he has the Masamune and must be ready for Magus (since they now know that he's in that era)

On a simular note, the Valley of the Giants areas should REQUIRE Ayla to be in your party (which as also easy to implement). Maybe this could be because she is the only one who can read the "reptilian hyroglyphs" (cave drawings), I think it would be cool to have some kind of ancient dino writing that only Ayla can read.

The mod will eventually have a "like counter", depending on the decisions you make and how you treat the characters depends on if Lucca or Marle will hug Crono on Death Peak. If you get Marle to, then there will be an extended version of the Moonlight Parade where they dance together or something. (There will be the "best of best" endings)

...which brings me to: The Moonlight Parade
All the side areas will be open for you to be able to explore during this ending. (Telepod exhibit still ends the game.... also the "goodbye scene" should be extended with more dialouge), Gato exhibit has Gato broken down -- Lucca will comment on this -- could be amusing. Dance exhibit will be a prehistoric party. Blackjack area will be another party (lot's of people celebrating and such). Nortein Bekkler will be living it up. :) (and maybe have some special minigame you can play with him during this ending)

Another thing: When you start a new game, there is going to be a save point in Crono's room (it vanishes after you name Lucca). If you start a BRAND NEW game and then save here, then start a new game+ off of the brand new game, you will be in New Game* mode which has ALL newgame+ features (but you ofcourse you have no equipment or even experience yet -- so the game is harder) and since you are technically in new game+ mode (even though you started a new game) ...ALL of the areas that upgrade monsters will start at the highest upgrade :) (So it's like a secret ULTRA hard mode) Clever, eh?

Decisions affect the outcome:
Later on when I get around to coding the auction house (won't be for a long time - since story expand is the current high priorty) I will make the Porre Elder (who has the Sun Stone) SELL the Sun Stone in the Porre Auction house(didn't they have the most money of all the towns? I figured greedy "Porre" would be a perfect place for this) for 1,000,000 Gil IF you screwed up and sold the Jerky for 10,000 Gil. (You still get it from free from his house if you gave the Jerky away)

If Lucca saves Crono from the Guardia Prison, she will have a Zonker38 equipped. (randomly puts enemies to sleep), if not then she never had time to develop this gun so that "time stream" (the one where she makes it and saves Crono) doesn't exist. (So evilly enough, you can only get this weapon if you wait in the jail.) AND OF COURSE having the Zonker38 will be a pre-requisit item for Lucca to be able to make one of her even better guns later (one of the 3 guns that are better than the WonderShot)

...In summery, you may need to go through several New Game Pluses to obtain all of the higher weapons :)

(as for Eternity sword, the way to obtain it will probably be for Crono to beat level ** Lavos ALONE) THEN you deserve the awesome sword) in other words, you get it in the Programmer's Ending.

An alternate ending I would like to create would be defeating Lavos in the Ocean Palace (normally gives Programmer's Ending awell) The major problem with this is the destruction of Zeal not happening and such.... I may just make Lavos unbeatable for this battle. UNLESS, defeating Lavos causes Zeal to fall apart (because the Zealians changed their Elemental power to Lavos power) this would be a very interesting possibility if it can be done! So Zeal would just fall into the ocean and the Ocean Palace would start to crumble, but that leaves Magus still alive for Frog to deafeat? Magic would still be ruined in this process, and the gates sending everyone to different times could happen as a temporal anomaly created by the crumbling Ocean Palace. (So the Zeal disaster still happens but slightly different) This one is a *maybe* but I would like to see if it's possible.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 06:33:26 am »
I'm just a wee bit hesitant about the mages in the forest, if only because it seems to me they might go sneaking around screwing with life in the present if they came with Melchior. Perhaps instead they can be a security measure of the pyramid? A minor bit of discussion about the pyramid is fine with me, though.

For the Frog leading, we can easily work that into the dialogue that occurs in the Elder's Hut right after the Ocean Palace incident.

Requiring Ayla is also a great idea, and the other sidequests usually require one character or another anyway, so it makes sense.

I lean mildly against the idea of a like counter, if only because Marle and Crono hooking up is canon as opposed to, say, Crono and Lucca hooking up. But it could still be implimented, certainly. It would just need a bit of tweaking. The dance bit I do like, though, along with everything else about the Moonlight Parade.

Crono's revival should definitely be required for Deitus to exist.

A secret difficulty mode? Eh, that might be overcomplicating things, but I suppose we could still try it out.

Sun Stone sellable idea also works for me.

As for the Zonker-38, I personally think Lucca should have it regardless, because she's seen coming in to rescue Crono if he busts out, which to me says she had it ready to knock out the guards anyway, because otherwise she might be putting herself in a lot of danger if she busts in without the weapon. Plus it's unfair to the players who like to bust out.

The only issue with getting the Eternity sword in the programmer's ending I can see is that you don't ever save after experiencing an ending, unless you intend to have it available in all new games/new game+'s after that ending, which should be easier to code than, say, allowing you to save after the ending is done.

The alternate ending for beating Lavos at Zeal is definitely one to work on in one fashion or another, though what it contains...I honestly don't know.

While we're on the subject of endings, there should be another super-hard-to-get ending(in that it has a very limited window, much like the Slideshow ending) that has us in it as a little credit sequence for Chrono Trigger+. Or perhaps just a secret room somewhere in the game, like in the Black Omen or something, that has said credit sequence. (I was thinking something like the Programmer's ending in that it would feature NPCs named after us that talk a wee bit to the player.) Or maybe not...I don't know. That's up to you if you want to do that.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 06:57:13 am »
I'm just a wee bit hesitant about the mages in the forest, if only because it seems to me they might go sneaking around screwing with life in the present if they came with Melchior. Perhaps instead they can be a security measure of the pyramid? A minor bit of discussion about the pyramid is fine with me, though.
Ok, if I have enough room for locations, I will make the sealed pyramid into a dungeon & put mages inside. The battles outside can just be some random level 50 monsters or something when you go back later.

For the Frog leading, we can easily work that into the dialogue that occurs in the Elder's Hut right after the Ocean Palace incident.

Requiring Ayla is also a great idea, and the other sidequests usually require one character or another anyway, so it makes sense.

(In a very megalomaniacal voice) Excellent....everything is proceeding as planned.  :twisted:

I lean mildly against the idea of a like counter, if only because Marle and Crono hooking up is canon as opposed to, say, Crono and Lucca hooking up. But it could still be implimented, certainly. It would just need a bit of tweaking. The dance bit I do like, though, along with everything else about the Moonlight Parade.

Ok, let me clarify. The dance wouldn't happen between Crono & Lucca (maybe some "friendly" discussion instead). However, Lucca will hug Crono on D.P. if Marle isn't there (I saved stated once and tried all the combos), but Marle will ALWAYS hug Crono if both Lucca and Marle are there. So maybe, if you treated Marle REALLY poorly, she won't be *as* close to Crono in the ending.... we could make the text show her thoughts and they could be along the lines of starting to like Crono instead of REALLY liking him.  Just a thought.

Crono's revival should definitely be required for Deitus to exist.

Ok. Also, knowledge of Deitus will not be known to anyone else in on on this project.  :wink: We'll only mention the name for now,(keeps anyone viewing this on their toes) seeing as the Cleft of Dimension stuff is completely new so it's low priority for now.

A secret difficulty mode? Eh, that might be overcomplicating things, but I suppose we could still try it out.

Works in theory, all that has to be done is adding a hidded save point in Crono's room (bottom right, slightly above the stairs where the wall is "overlapping" the floor.)

Sun Stone sellable idea also works for me.
Excellent.

As for the Zonker-38, I personally think Lucca should have it regardless, because she's seen coming in to rescue Crono if he busts out, which to me says she had it ready to knock out the guards anyway, because otherwise she might be putting herself in a lot of danger if she busts in without the weapon. Plus it's unfair to the players who like to bust out.

Good point, because I do like to bust out. I just needed an outside opinion on it.

The only issue with getting the Eternity sword in the programmer's ending I can see is that you don't ever save after experiencing an ending, unless you intend to have it available in all new games/new game+'s after that ending, which should be easier to code than, say, allowing you to save after the ending is done.

Damn. I forgot about this. I'll put some more thought into this. There may be a way to work around this. Hopefully, I can figure out a way to only give it to that save. The Eternity Sword should be the hardest to obtain. ...maybe I'll hide it somewhere really unsuspecting.

The alternate ending for beating Lavos at Zeal is definitely one to work on in one fashion or another, though what it contains...I honestly don't know.

Yeah, this was something I randomly thought about one day and in my mind just tried to think of ways to get around the plot holes.

While we're on the subject of endings, there should be another super-hard-to-get ending(in that it has a very limited window, much like the Slideshow ending) that has us in it as a little credit sequence for Chrono Trigger+. Or perhaps just a secret room somewhere in the game, like in the Black Omen or something, that has said credit sequence. (I was thinking something like the Programmer's ending in that it would feature NPCs named after us that talk a wee bit to the player.) Or maybe not...I don't know. That's up to you if you want to do that.

As for ChronoTrigger+ credits, they will be added in with the Title Screen credits and all ending credits.  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:58:59 am by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 07:05:44 am »
Okay, the Lucca and Crono bit seems fine, then, so long as we include something that suggests that Marle and Crono will hook up in the end. Perhaps their conversation can be one of those "just friends" discussions that occasionally happen with relationships.

Mums the word on what Deitus is.

The only reason I wanted interactive PCs for the Chrono Trigger+ credits is that I thought it would be neat to have an NPC named Kyronea somewhere in there, more for my own personal little bit of glee than anything else. But it makes more sense to add the credits for Chrono Trigger+ to the normal title screen and ending credits instead.

I'm still thinking on the defeat Lavos at Ocean Palace ending...I think that whatever we decide, Zeal should be allowed to remain in existance rather than fall. The Sun Stone was sealed up in the Sun Palace, after all, and could potentially be used as a back-up source should the energy powering the spells keeping the islands afloat disappear with Lavos' death. Perhaps it could deal with them coping with having to return Zeal to the planet below since the Sun Stone would only last for a little while longer...maybe flash into the present with a radically different Truce for Crono to wake up in...celebrate the thirteenth Millenial Fair or something...I'm stewing on it, so I'll let you know if I come up with anything substantial.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 07:14:45 am »
Okay, the Lucca and Crono bit seems fine, then, so long as we include something that suggests that Marle and Crono will hook up in the end. Perhaps their conversation can be one of those "just friends" discussions that occasionally happen with relationships.
Yeah, because I don't intend to get Crono and Lucca together, they always seemed like really good childhood friends to me. Sorry if I threw you off earlier. I sometimes forget to explain "minor" details. :)

Mums the word on what Deitus is.
:twisted:

The only reason I wanted interactive PCs for the Chrono Trigger+ credits is that I thought it would be neat to have an NPC named Kyronea somewhere in there, more for my own personal little bit of glee than anything else. But it makes more sense to add the credits for Chrono Trigger+ to the normal title screen and ending credits instead.

Oh yeah, we can do that too. :D
Zakyrus will probably be the "Magic Synth" shop in the Cleft of Dimensions. (if you want an NPC "Kyronea" to be a character somewhere in the actual game itself aswell, let me know what you have in mind. I was originally going to make "Daedalus" into Zakyrus instead, but I figured I didn't want to be THAT involved.

I'm still thinking on the defeat Lavos at Ocean Palace ending...I think that whatever we decide, Zeal should be allowed to remain in existance rather than fall. The Sun Stone was sealed up in the Sun Palace, after all, and could potentially be used as a back-up source should the energy powering the spells keeping the islands afloat disappear with Lavos' death. Perhaps it could deal with them coping with having to return Zeal to the planet below since the Sun Stone would only last for a little while longer...maybe flash into the present with a radically different Truce for Crono to wake up in...celebrate the thirteenth Millenial Fair or something...I'm stewing on it, so I'll let you know if I come up with anything substantial.

That could be possible, then Magus would really have "found" Schala. Could be very interesting if worked with.