Author Topic: Bug Topic  (Read 12236 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Bug Topic
« on: February 13, 2007, 05:36:31 pm »
Only 2 bugs so far. (Amazingly enough,) the ROM corrupted only once since I started coding it, and I'm pretty sure it was because I copy-pasted some commands. I never copy-paste anything now. Maybe it wasn't even corruption, but a black frozen screen in any case.

I think the problem with CE is not that we corrupt things, but that there was already a corrupted thingy lurking in the 2-year-old ROM and we just couldn't get rid of it even with exports. Anyway, I make tons of backups for Prophet's Guile and I simply restored the good ROM, so there's no problem.

As for the bugs:

Magus Castle

When the portal opens, Crono's party is "teleported" to the center of the screen and Magus to the top-right corner of the screen. I checked the commands and it seems that for some reason, it's due to the fact that there's no battle. If there's a battle, the characters will be correctly placed when the mode-7 portal opens. If there's no battle, they get displaced. I don't think there's a solution to this bug since we can't really have a Magus vs. party battle (or can we? ...no, probably too much bothersome to hack).

Skyways

In every Skyway overworld sequence, 3 characters are shown instead of just Magus (Frog and Marle I think). We probably just have to delete some commands in the Overworld Events, but I don't know which.

If anyone has some solutions for those bugs, you know what to do...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:39:39 pm by Chrono'99 »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Topic
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:19:00 pm »
Location 150: Kajar Land Bridge
Because of how the trigger for the Land Bridge makes all the sprites on-screen fade to white, you can see the very top of the Zealian Man's hat (all you can see of him from where the Land Bridge teleport is) fade to white.
Move the guy down a tiny bit.

Location 164: Kajar Skyway
When 7F005B is set to 06 (that's when Magus must go down to find a beast, but before the Belthasar scene), if you step on the Skyway, it doesn't teleport you to Zeal, but instead sends you to the overworld. This is because the Touch event code is being used for the end of the Belthasar scene.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:00:54 pm by Vehek »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:28:19 pm »
Thanks, I fixed these 2.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:04:03 pm »
You can activate the teleport to the Ocean Palace before it's been revealed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 06:19:22 pm by Vehek »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 03:25:15 pm »
After the battle with the Maneater in the second Mt. Woe area, Melchior gets the Maneater's palette.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 03:21:44 pm »
Some sprite problems I noticed in{166}, {1D6}, and {194}. The last one was in the original CT too.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:54:34 am »
Going to status screen and exiting out in the Dark Ages portal freezes Magus.

I've noticed that uncontractioned dialogue can be sort of awkward.

Terra Cave: Magus's "I must...!" to "That means...!"

Skyway: Magus's "I cannot believe..." to "I can't believe it..."

Enhasa: Gaspar's "Do not worry" to "Don't worry" and Lasher's "When it is ready" to "When it's ready"

~

Perhaps we should reintroduce something to suggest that's a hide Magus is producing after the beast's nest sequence? Just like, "As you requested, my Queen.{line break}The beast's hide.{null}"

Maybe a little longer pause between Magus's going to sleep and the start of the Mystical Knights scene.

"And the others two" in the Melchior scene -> "the other two"

If the Melchior injury sidequest is revived, someone should provide some warning. Something like "Don't let harm come to Melchior. The beasts of the mountain may try to attack you, so maintain a strong, decisive lead." Should we have a savepoint there?

Hm, maybe Far Promise should start after Schala's first set of dialogue? The music fades out when she speaks, and then Far Promise starts when Magus reveals that Melchior is alive. Before that, though, Schala assumes the Prophet is evil and killed him, so it's a little out of sync with the music.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:49:05 am by ZeaLitY »

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 02:55:59 am »
I've seen a bunch of visual glitches involving "talking" to the monsters in the Beast's nest as they pass by. I'll put up some pictures later.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:18:02 am by Vehek »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 02:57:10 am »
How should we beat the Nu? One is resistant to magic and Magus would have to critical it on the third and last turn to win.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 04:24:57 am »
Only one Nu can kill you; the third one from the left deals 1 damage while the others do max HP -1. You have to attack him physically. He should be dead in only two turns this way as he has only 700 HP.

Is this strategy too difficult to find? Perhaps I can exaggerate the third Nu's magic resistance and degrade his physical defense so it's clearer.

EDIT: Oh and don't use the Blue Mail in the Ocean Palace. I wanted to use it in the Golem fight but it kind of makes the battle too easy. I forgot to remove that chest.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:34:02 pm by Chrono'99 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 02:52:01 pm »
"Ill kill you! I swear!" might sound too juvenile here (I swear is like valley girl language), so..."I'll kill you! Ughhh!!"

Just in case, here's the credits in the readme. We should probably put in the director credit somewhere. I'll definitely change around the credits in the readme to look like the game's.

Code: [Select]

==DIRECTOR==

Chrono'99

==CODER==

Chrono'99

==WRITER & CREATOR==

ZeaLitY

==MAPPERS==

Chrono'99
ZeaLitY
nightmare975

==MUSIC==

JCE3000GT
Vehek
ZeaLitY

==OTHER==

Chrono'99
Vehek (guest wing palette)
Julie Dillon (ending art)
CuteLucca (icon art)
FaustWolf (Menu icon, art insertion)

Yeah, I noticed that Nu wasn't taking damage. But if you can only get two shots off on him, that means you have to lose the game at least once. Before, you just had to be quick with magic. Hm...

Who do I give the Obulons to for the programmer's ending?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:03:53 pm by ZeaLitY »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 03:19:43 pm »
I haven't coded the programmer's room yet (I forgot!).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 03:28:05 pm »
Haha. Well, I hope my scene whines weren't too many. I knew I'd probably start nitpicking once the release candidate was available.

I guess if there's one other, it's the use of Zeal Palace (remix) during the Melchior argument. Magus enters to ZP, and it changes to the remix, and then it changes back to ZP once he goes to his quarters. It was a little odd, but I'm not sure what we could do about it other than just not using the remix for that segment somehow.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 03:44:06 pm »
Just wondering, if you want a room for the programmer's ending, I'll make one in a flash.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 04:13:57 pm »
There's a small exit to Mt. Woe (used for debugging, I guess) in the gate cave exterior that needs to be removed.
Magus should automatically fight the Golem in the center, as Dalton's attack misses completely if he's standing in the sides.