Author Topic: Bug Topic  (Read 12303 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Topic
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2008, 08:54:05 pm »
Whew. *wipes brow* Nobody else has had that glitch before IIRC. Let us know if you encounter any others, and we'll make a note about this solution in the future.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2008, 10:27:09 pm »
I started playing this patch tonight and encountered an interesting bug.  After delivering Melchior to the Mt Woe Summit, I spotted a treasure chest just off screen and was trying to figure out how to get to it.  During my hunt, I encountered the Man Eaters again.  I defeated them, but then Magus jaunted off the upper right corner of the screen.

Without checking the event code, my best guess would be that the game is mistaking Magus for Melchior.  If location is of interest, Magus was in the lower right corner behind the rock there when the battle began.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone noticed this bug I have been experiencing (in Zsnes 1.51): So it goes like this when magus enters the corridor connected to the Dalton boss (During the Ocean Palace Subchapter, the area with the two chests and the terminal that activates a chest, which has 2 or 3 enemies, I can't remember, anyways moving on...) if you bypass the enemies going for either of the treasure chests it has a good side effect (preventing the enemies from reaching you :D ), at first... then when you leave said areas and enter, unavoidably, a battle you are shuffled most of the time into a 'non-walkable zone', sometimes off screen sometimes not. This is a very annoying bug and I have had to restart my game a couple time because the glitch :x .

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2008, 11:46:01 pm »
Lord J suggested the option to give Melchior a mid-tonic (with conversation initiated by pressing A) once his health goes below 3.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 12:16:04 am »
BROJ, you might be okay if you have the walk through walls code on hand:

39B0-EFA4

If you're stuck, input this (I think it needs the dash included), and you'll hopefully be able to get out of unwalkable areas. It's in Game Genie format, courtesy Carson Lee at GameFAQs.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 01:27:20 am »
Thanks for the workaround Faustwolf (so a walk-thru-walls code will work, huh... wasn't sure if it would or not). I take it you guys still trying to figure out that glitch. Do you guys know how the developers of Chrono Trigger controlled battle movements. Was it done via an algorithm or was it done on a case-by-case basis.

JCE3000GT

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 11:08:53 pm »
For some strange reason ZSNES didn't save my SRM.  o_O  I double checked it with another ROM and it saved that one.  I searched my computer for all SRM files and didn't find my quest.  I played an hour and now its gone.   :(  Oh, well I guess I'll have to start again. 

Got to Mt. Woe with Melchior and so far it was fantastic.  Loved my remixes in there too.   8)  PERFECT placement for the music guys, very nice job. 

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 07:25:38 pm »
Passed on from e-mail:

I know you folks aren't responsible for it really, but I wasn't sure how
to contact them as there was no e-mail address for them in the Read Me.
If you'd pass this along to them....

I found a showstopping bug.   When you enter the Omen so you can clear
out the monster infestation, there are two battles (an eel and a blob,
then an eel, blob, and the things that shoot thunder and bubbles), and a
third one somewhat farther along where there are two of the Eels and a
Blob enemy.  There is a treasure chest right nearby, and I thought I
would go to get that before I fought the enemies, so I scooted around to
it, and the Eels followed me....

Then they must have caught me because battle started against just the
Blob.  Meanwhile, the Eels and I are offscreen, and I beat the Blob who
doesn't attack me at all (perhaps because I'm offscreen?).  After the
fight is over, the Eels run up to the wall, and just run against the
wall, endlessly. :P

I was just stuck, watching them move...the screen never moved back down
to me either.  Anyway, neat hack...just figured I would let you know.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 12:36:27 pm »
Here's another, reported at my Youtube account:

Okay, I know I should be asking this on the forum, but I've run into a... problem whilst playing the game with my brother. We've beamed into the Ocean Palace, it shows us the flashback to what Crono and the gang are doing at the same point in time, but afterwards, after waiting a few minutes, it doesn't go back, and I know there's more to it! Could you please tell us how to get past this? I DID apply the unheadered IPS, but the headered wouldn't even work. Oh- and the game is utterly AWESOME.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2008, 03:25:01 pm »
For some strange reason ZSNES didn't save my SRM.  o_O  I double checked it with another ROM and it saved that one.  I searched my computer for all SRM files and didn't find my quest.  I played an hour and now its gone.   :(  Oh, well I guess I'll have to start again. 

Got to Mt. Woe with Melchior and so far it was fantastic.  Loved my remixes in there too.   8)  PERFECT placement for the music guys, very nice job. 
You have to specify a srm save path, which should be with the roms by default check that first. And assuming you didn't use the windows search function and the srm *did* actually save and you find it, forgive me if I'm wrong--not much information to go on, check if the srms are read-only. Or the path is read only (i.e. cdr or dvdr) you're definately going to specify a path. Hope this helps.  :)

Passed on from e-mail:

I know you folks aren't responsible for it really, but I wasn't sure how
to contact them as there was no e-mail address for them in the Read Me.
If you'd pass this along to them....

I found a showstopping bug.   When you enter the Omen so you can clear
out the monster infestation, there are two battles (an eel and a blob,
then an eel, blob, and the things that shoot thunder and bubbles), and a
third one somewhat farther along where there are two of the Eels and a
Blob enemy.  There is a treasure chest right nearby, and I thought I
would go to get that before I fought the enemies, so I scooted around to
it, and the Eels followed me....

Then they must have caught me because battle started against just the
Blob.  Meanwhile, the Eels and I are offscreen, and I beat the Blob who
doesn't attack me at all (perhaps because I'm offscreen?).  After the
fight is over, the Eels run up to the wall, and just run against the
wall, endlessly. :P

I was just stuck, watching them move...the screen never moved back down
to me either.  Anyway, neat hack...just figured I would let you know.
Here's another, reported at my Youtube account:

Okay, I know I should be asking this on the forum, but I've run into a... problem whilst playing the game with my brother. We've beamed into the Ocean Palace, it shows us the flashback to what Crono and the gang are doing at the same point in time, but afterwards, after waiting a few minutes, it doesn't go back, and I know there's more to it! Could you please tell us how to get past this? I DID apply the unheadered IPS, but the headered wouldn't even work. Oh- and the game is utterly AWESOME.
Do they say which version of zsnes they are using or give a checksum report of the original rom, via NSRT?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2008, 08:49:14 pm »
Thanks BROJ. That user was actually playing with an SNES9x + MAC OS combination, which I haven't seen before. Seems he might have gotten just a bit farther than the SNES9x + Windows combination would allow, but it crapped out on him after the flashback. I suggested he use ZSNES and (hopefully successfully) provided an appropriate SRM file, but I haven't heard from him since. I assume all is well...

Lune

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2008, 10:13:31 am »
There's a spot in the Beast's Nest where the floor is slippery. If I slip off the floor just as I get into a fight with the monster on the south side (the Jinn-like one), the game freezes.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2008, 02:13:50 pm »
There's a spot in the Beast's Nest where the floor is slippery. If I slip off the floor just as I get into a fight with the monster on the south side (the Jinn-like one), the game freezes.
That's not normal; try playing with the latest zsnes (assuming you aren't, forgive me if I'm wrong), and if all else fails get a new ct rom and try again.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2008, 03:26:25 am »
While not a bug, I did find a typo.  If one returns to Enhasa just before going to the Ocean Palace, and speaks with the Poyozo doll, he says something like this:  "So, heard the news!  You're a prophet!  The settles it!..."

I suppose 'the' needs to be changed to 'that' or 'this', depending on the tense being used.  Off the top of my head, I can't remember which it should be. 

Absolutely brilliant hack, you guys.  I enjoyed every moment of it!  :)

Trickstardude7

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2008, 09:16:35 pm »
Hey I'm new and so far this is amazing is just... awesome but i keep having a problem when magus has to go to the ocean palace it freezes up after showing cronos fighting  (then the screen goes black) I am unaware if anyone else said this. oh and Im playing on an emulator on my psp well if this is unsolved could someone give me a save in the ocean palace?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:05:30 pm by Trickstardude7 »