Author Topic: Bug Topic  (Read 12277 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Topic
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 04:21:32 pm »
Just wondering, if you want a room for the programmer's ending, I'll make one in a flash.

Yes, feel free. Since it's supposed to be empty apart from a note on a table, I'm thinking it could look like the secret rooms of Enhasa and Kajar (but you can use any tileset since it's not really part of the main adventure).

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 04:23:32 pm »
Any tileset you guy's want in particular?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 04:32:34 pm »
Using Lightning2 on this Planebound causes Magus's sprite to be covered up by the area he jumps to.

[attachment deleted by admin]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 04:38:55 pm »
Could that tile be set to "priority" when it's not supposed to be, perhaps? I had a huge problem with priority v. non-priority during the art insertion; maybe it's a potential culprit in this case? What happens when Magus walks over that tile during exploration? Although, I wonder if there's separate priority settings in battle and out of battle...

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 05:23:09 am »
Some of these tiles have to be set to priority so that Magus can walk behind the cliff but also on it (there's a ladder out of the screen). It works flawlessly out of battles, but it either can't work in battle or I don't know what commands/parameters to set to make it work.

I guess I'll set all the tiles in the center of the screen to priority, so that Magus will be entirely covered when he casts Lightning 2. It will probably be a bit weird, but it's better than having him partly covered. Out of battles, there will be no problem in any case.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 02:37:02 am »
Hey, the credits call nightmare975 "nightmare357".
The message saying you have access to the developer's room is glitched.
Magus is placed off the platform.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 07:50:18 am »
Ah, thanks. I've corrected these.

I think the only bug that remains is that the Bantan Imp in Mt. Woe dies directly instead of turning into a Stone Imp. I don't know how to correct this, but I guess it's not really important.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 11:05:29 am »
I played around with enemies turning into other enemies a while ago. I think you need a Stone Imp with the same coordinates, but hidden, as an object right after the Bantam Imp. Check some other cases of enemies turning into other enemies to be sure.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 11:14:32 am by Vehek »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 03:28:28 pm »
Huh. It appears that in Zeal Palace, when you walk on the floor beneath the Nu that's on a central balcony / walkway, it's counted as a collision despite the fact that Magus and the Nu are on different tile levels. Not really a problem since the Nu moves away, just a curiosity.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 03:33:10 pm »
If you exit the Beast's Nest and go up to Zeal and come back, the entrance on the overworld is gone.

Also, there's an ugly tile in the nest; a pic is attached.

On an unrelated note, I love how Far Promise makes People Who Threw Away the Will to Live start with the third variation (the high bass). That's my favorite version; it's so in-your-face.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:40:30 pm by ZeaLitY »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 04:22:41 pm »
Are we to obsess over teeny, tiny grammatical errors in the script at all? When Magus arrives to speak with Zeal for the first time, there's a capital letter where it shouldn't be:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 12:47:16 am »
ACK! Is anyone able to get into the Ocean Palace the first time, just after Magus learns "Magic Wall"? My game freezes in SNES9x after the screen fades out once the beamdown overworld scene is done!!

I hope this isn't yet another unintended side effect of the ending pic patch. Anyone else having this problem?

UPDATE: I'm getting the same problem even if I use the "almost finished" version attached to Chrono'99's post here:
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,4887.msg86172.html#msg86172

I suppose that rules out the ending artwork as the culprit this time. But I wonder what's up? I'm attaching an SNES9x savestate for people's testing convenience; just go up the hall, go through the dialogue, and see whether or not the game freezes.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 01:43:37 am by FaustWolf »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 01:56:26 am »
As far as my understanding permits, ROM hacking renders some games incompatible with certain emulators and even the original hardware if the ROM hack is dumped to a cartridge.

Well, whatever was done to the final patch caused a couple tile errors. One happens twice in Mt. Woe, and the other is a messed up piece of ice on the 12000 B.C. overworld. Attached:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 02:05:49 am »
Thus, you've had no such problem getting into the Ocean Palace in ZSNES, Zeality? That would be encouraging.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 10:05:54 am »
Strange, I don't have those glitched tiles in my ROM. I applied the patch on a fresh ROM to be sure, but still no glitched tiles. Do you see them, FaustWolf?

I do get the freeze when trying to enter the Ocean Palace in SNES9x though. We might have to tell people to play the hack in ZSNES, because I'm not sure how to correct this freeze.