Author Topic: Where did Kid go??(spoilers)  (Read 823 times)

randall_Flagg_19

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Where did Kid go??(spoilers)
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:46:53 pm »
Here is someting I've been stumped on. See if anyone has any idea maybe. As part of Belthasars plan, when Kid was of age, sometime within 5 years before Chrono Cross begins. He gets her to go back in time and save Serge. Now, she does this. But where does she go?After she saved him?The worlds hadent split yet until she saved him. I just cant imagine where she goes?She isnt Anothers Kid, so she must have been Anothers Kid(before there was "ANOTHER"world.) who remained in Home world? If this is the case why doesnt she know Serge?Or remember saving him? I dont know, I just cant figure it out.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Where did Kid go??(spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:50:38 pm »
We have no idea. The common thought is that Belthasar provided for a clean ending somehow. The problem is amplified by the ambiguity of the ending in general, like the entire Schala / Kid thing. We just have no idea, as this Kid is obviously  not the one Serge meets, as Lucca on Opassa Beach states that Kid has yet to do it on the linear timeline.

If it weren't for Lucca, there'd be a good way of making a case that they're the same person. But no, we have no idea what happened to the first Kid, and whether the Kid Serge knows would be subject to Time Bastard. I began worrying about the practical limits of Time Bastard, but really, Melchior and Janus's disappearing in Chrono Trigger makes a solid case for the law of conservation of time. So we don't know, and we're left with the reassuring touch that Belthasar at least had a plan. Divining it is another matter.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:53:12 pm by ZeaLitY »