Author Topic: Who Taught Magic In Zeal?  (Read 21540 times)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Who Taught Magic In Zeal?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2005, 03:30:54 pm »
He meant they weren't immortal but though they could in a near future.

Which make them arrogant none the less.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2005, 03:32:35 pm »
Allow me to quote myself.

Quote from: I
Simple, almost everyone in Zeal were morons who thought they could live forever.

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2005, 11:19:55 pm »
Hhmm... lemme c..the question is : Who taught magic to people of Zeal ?
Actually i belive... well... you have to remember the story the dragon tear tell to Serge when he want his body back.... well...i could write it here... but, u know... well...the "apes" (Ayla tribe or whatever) came into contact with the "crimson flame" (a.k.a. Frozen Flame,  as u all know it is part of lavos... and all) and evolved into "humans" .... it is like the "humans" are part/child of lavos (that's why they can use magic... "evolution", "transformation")...but of course people are diferent everywhere... some are stronger some are smarter and etc... that's why some people have a lack of magic in the Kingdoom of Zeal.
Well .that's what i think... maybe i'm wrong.... i hope you guys find it usefull   :)
Thx for the time....

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005, 02:03:48 am »
the "apes" (Ayla tribe or whatever) came into contact with the "crimson flame" (a.k.a. Frozen Flame, as u all know it is part of lavos... and all)

Only technically true. The Dragon Tear actually states the Crimson Flame is Lavos, and not the Frozen Flame.

Quote from: Fort Dragonia's evolution speech
However, the unforeseen coming of the mighty one from the heavens suddenly smashed their kingdom to pieces. That one was known as "Lavos!" The great crimson flame......

And I should think that "Evolution" (Mind you, what happaned to the humans is more like a series of mutationes then evolution) only gave humans the ability to use magic. Lavos' Mammon.M, or as I suspect, the Frozen Flame, is what gave the humans magic.

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2005, 05:54:02 pm »
Hmmm.... lemme c .... u said, "...That one known as ""Lavos""! The GREAT Crimson flame..."
What i'm trying to say... you can call both crimson flame, since they are the same, as i said earlier the frozen flame is part of lavos .... sorry for confusing things earlier ...
Now....well you say :
"And I should think that "Evolution" (Mind you, what happaned to the humans is more like a series of mutationes then evolution) only gave humans the ability to use magic. Lavos' Mammon.M, or as I suspect, the Frozen Flame, is what gave the humans magic."
 As i said earlier, "...the "apes" (Ayla tribe or whatever) came into contact with the ""crimson flame"" (a.k.a. Frozen Flame, as u all know it is part of lavos... and all) and evolved..."".... what i meant was.... they use magic because they came in contact with the frozen flame.... well that's all.... but i maybe wrong, thx again for the time.....  :)

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 05:18:45 am »
Quote from: Criosphinx
Hmmm.... lemme c .... u said, "...That one known as ""Lavos""! The GREAT Crimson flame..."
What i'm trying to say... you can call both crimson flame, since they are the same, as i said earlier the frozen flame is part of lavos .... sorry for confusing things earlier ...
Now....well you say :
"And I should think that "Evolution" (Mind you, what happaned to the humans is more like a series of mutationes then evolution) only gave humans the ability to use magic. Lavos' Mammon.M, or as I suspect, the Frozen Flame, is what gave the humans magic."
 As i said earlier, "...the "apes" (Ayla tribe or whatever) came into contact with the ""crimson flame"" (a.k.a. Frozen Flame, as u all know it is part of lavos... and all) and evolved..."".... what i meant was.... they use magic because they came in contact with the frozen flame.... well that's all.... but i maybe wrong, thx again for the time.....  :)

No, no, no! If that would be so, Crono and co would be able to use magic the moment you get them. They needed to have their magical powers awakened by Spekkio. The Frozen Flame only gave the potential for magic, like investing an hidden power in the evolving apes. The Frozen Flame\Spekkio were the ones to actaully reveal that potential.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 11:23:58 am »
Even though humans couldn't use Magic-magic, it seems as though everyone is capable of using magically inclined abilities (Crono's Slash, Ayla's Tail Spin, etc).

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2005, 06:24:16 pm »
Crono's Slash and Ayla's Tail Whip are "Techs", Techiniques in fighting in other words. Magic comes later and becomes a Technique in fightning.

BTW, I believe that after Ayla, everyone had the power to use magic from contacting the Frozen Flame, and that their powers were not bound to it, so if Lavos or the Mammon Machine were destroyed, their powers would not die off.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2005, 06:30:42 pm »
All in Zeal lose their magic. 'Cept for the royal family. Janus learned shadow spells, Schala, if she had any kind of magic, it would be Lightning\Heaven Magic, and Zeal... Yeah, she was in the BO, so I guess she had Lavos based magic... Intresting, though, how the battle Crono and co. had against Janus nullufied his magic. Back to the Zeal Royal family thing. Maybe they had some way to secure their magic? Dalton sure could.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005, 11:22:19 pm »
Meh, it seems to me that Schala would learn Shadow magic...Deversity and support abilities seem more like her than lightning/heavenly (not simply 'heaven') abilities...

Also, Slash and Tail Spin may not be Magic, but they are magically inclined. When used against enemies that only Magic can be used against, Shadows & Spekkio for instance, they work and deal damage. They aren't Magic like from Lavos and Spekkio, but they are magical. Not all regular Techs are.

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 11:40:16 pm »
Man, you are nothing getting it... look, you forgot the ones who could use magic in zeal where destroyed, and everything wasrebuild by those who had lack of magic... that's why Crono and the others had their powers awakened by Spekkio..... cuz' they are not descendants of Schala or Janus ...got it ?!
That's what i can explain for now.... i can be wrong don't forget...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2005, 02:47:21 am »
I think you are a little off there...I mean, there are Zealian survivors as well as Earthbound in the end...So, where Crono & Co may not have descended from Queen Zeal or Schala (and especially not Janus), they probably have some Zealian blood running through their veins.

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2005, 03:32:56 am »
Yeah, tha is what i meant... they for sure are not descendant from powerfull people, they are mostly descendent from earthbound ones... but for sure they got zealian blood.... Crono probably judging by luminaire... and in the end you see all marle descendants .... one of them was the earthbound chief ...so as you can see ... what i tried to say earlier was that they had their power awaked by spekkio 'cuz they descend the earthbound (at least most of them)....

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 03:42:18 am »
Umm, I don't think that the Zealian's lost their magic all of a sudden. I think it was slowly lost through the ages, but Lavos' corruption was still in their veins.

Like Spekkio said, Wizards abused the powers and then magic was banned and ceased to exist. I'm have to say that a few Zealians probably kept a bit of their powers, but it just wouldn't show much compared to Zeal and Schala.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2005, 05:04:06 am »
Quote from: Criosphinx
Man, you are nothing getting it... look, you forgot the ones who could use magic in zeal where destroyed, and everything wasrebuild by those who had lack of magic... that's why Crono and the others had their powers awakened by Spekkio..... cuz' they are not descendants of Schala or Janus ...got it ?!
That's what i can explain for now.... i can be wrong don't forget...

What I said is the Frozen Flame, in 3,000,000 BC gave that potential to EVERY human. In 12,000 BC some humans had their magic discovered, while other didn't. Meaning, it dosen't matter if they were desecndent of Zeal royalty or not. They can be descendent of the Earthbounds for as much as gentics care, they still have the gene for magic in them. It's just not active until detected and activated.