Author Topic: Who Taught Magic In Zeal?  (Read 24634 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Who Taught Magic In Zeal?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 05:06:41 am »
Uhm, I don' t know if you can say for any certainty that Guardians are direct decendants of that Earthbound chief since the Guardian line started, what? In 1 AD? By then any number of people could have been in power...Or, since it just started around then, perhaps someone else took control over whoever was previously in power...

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2005, 05:12:24 am »
No,  i didn't mean guardians are descendant from the earthbound chief ...i said Marle is ... and i didn't said they are direct descendants ... ijust said, that in the end you are able to see marle descendants ...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 05:22:22 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Back to the Zeal Royal family thing. Maybe they had some way to secure their magic? Dalton sure could.

Probably. The Blue Pyramid for example is obviously magical (Schala casts a same kind of blue pyramid on the 12,000 BC Gate to seal it), yet it existed from 12,000 BC to 1,000 AD. It must have had a power source.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005, 09:52:36 am »
Not neccesserally. The Magic Door's dont really have a power source if they're as old as 12,000bc - 2400AD.

Could just be like a glass pyramid, or some kind of special metal, etc. Whatever it was, Marle's Pendant shut it down.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2005, 11:36:01 am »
Don't you find that wierd that those doors appear only in 12,000 BC and 2300 AD (not 2400), while in 600 AD and 1000AD all there was was those magical boxes?

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2005, 11:45:36 am »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
Don't you find that wierd that those doors appear only in 12,000 BC and 2300 AD (not 2400), while in 600 AD and 1000AD all there was was those magical boxes?

Belthasar built them, and hid powerful items for the ones who could open the doors, the champions who would defeat Lavos.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2005, 11:56:06 am »
Yea that's the only possibility, Good ol' Belthasar using is sanity to hide good item in domes...

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 01:29:12 pm »
I can't see where you guys are tryin' to get.... from "who taught magic" to "opening magical doors" ? Well ..... i said my piece ... and Belthasar, well... i'm not so sure he sealed the itens inside that doors... don't forget they are in the future ... he don't spend all his time sealing doors.... i think he was researching and buildin' Epoch....

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2005, 01:31:29 pm »
He made the door that sealed the Epoch, so it is only common sense that he would have made the rest of the doors in the future.

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2005, 01:41:18 pm »
The question is... Why ? Why would he make a lot of doors that Schala's pendant could open ?It almost make sense ... but still...doesn't make sense at all.....i will think more about it and maybe tommorow ... i will explain...we should make a topic about it....

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2005, 05:32:41 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past

Belthasar built them, and hid powerful items for the ones who could open the doors, the champions who would defeat Lavos.

Now that I think about it, Belthasar is such a pragmatical man. Instead of giving those powerful ressources to the dying humans who're menaced by monsters and mutants, he hides them for a chosen one. I thought he was like that only in CC, but it seems the end always justified the means for this guru of "reason".

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2005, 05:52:22 pm »
Quote from: Criosphinx
The question is... Why ? Why would he make a lot of doors that Schala's pendant could open ?It almost make sense ... but still...doesn't make sense at all.....i will think more about it and maybe tommorow ... i will explain...we should make a topic about it....

Why? Because something told him that there is the faint possibility someone might just see Lavos' destruction, so he sealed the doors, so the chosen one... The one who saw Zeal and the Broken Future could recieve all those wonderful items! The Epoch, in a way, was also one of those items.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2005, 05:56:00 pm »
well that lower his chance of getting "saved" since someone from the future could have found these, trained itself fought the guardian get the seed than be super strong and save the future by goign back in time to get some friends like Crono and co.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2005, 06:01:03 pm »
well that lower his chance of getting "saved" since someone from the future could have found these, trained itself fought the guardian get the seed than be super strong and save the future by goign back in time to get some friends like Crono and co.

Having happans fine, then. The future gets saved thanks to these items.

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2005, 04:25:39 am »
Hmph...it is ridiculous, Belthasar built the epoch for himself...but he got nuts in the process.... why a guy in the middle of nowhere would think : "Oh better seal some itens in doors that schala pendant could open,'cuz someday might a hero from the past appear to save us all" ..... he was the sage of reason not a paranormal who sees the future ....