Author Topic: Window Colors and Icons  (Read 2532 times)

Jessica Ingmann

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Lv. 23 Writer
    • View Profile
    • Music of the Game II: Café De La Luna
Window Colors and Icons
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:53:53 am »
In fiddling around with fake screenshots for my Sara hoax, I discovered something odd that I don't think was ever noticed by anyone before.  Dig this...
Pre-Release Version
Final Japanese Version
Final US Version
Final US PS-X Version
...huh.  Okay, see, I thought there were more differences between the Pre-Release's window color choices and the final's...  But in any case, notice closely #3 in particular.  In the Pre-Release, it's a sort of "blue plating" style.  In the finals releases, it's a shaded version of the typical Squaresoft/Square-Enix "blue dialogue prompt window".

Just thought I'd point this out.

Edit: Added th' US PS-X version!  ...which is th' same!  'cept fer some slight palette differences, looks like.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:15:12 am by Jessica Ingmann »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Window Colors Through Time(Minor Pre-Release Difference)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 11:59:13 am »
That's interesting. What could have caused them to change this admittedly minor detail? Squaresoft exec noting the blue plate effect and telling them to make it the more standard blue, or did they just decide they didn't like that effect and change it? Whatever the case, it's a neat little find.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:08:00 am »
Didn't you already post those in yer own topic?  >_>;  Sweetie...  It's not necessary ta post those everywhere ya go.  Ya know?  I'm sure I'm not th' only person who appreciates yer dedication ta uncoverin' all ya can 'bout th' Pre-Release, but there's such a thing as bein'...over-zealous.  ^_^;;

Deja-vu? I was about to say the exact same thing  :roll:!

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:29:39 pm »
well, i want someone to freaking reply to them, plus, i have many more glitches, those are just some minor ones.

Jessica Ingmann

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Lv. 23 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 01:03:05 am »
And posting them everywhere, and especially in other peoples' topics isn't th' way ta get attention, dan_death!  At least not th' attention you're aimin' for.  It's considered "off-topic posting" and on most forums(with the exception of certain threads, of course), is against the rules.  I'm not sure about here, though.  My memory is bad.  I should check.  XD

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 01:05:50 am »
I don't see anything different with the End of Time. Kajar has been covered, but with Vehek's comment stuff, I'll add the notes about Zenan Bridge.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:44:22 am by ZeaLitY »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 01:39:13 am »
I bet Zenan Bridge is only freezing because the variables aren't set right because of the way you (Dan death) are encountering the battles. I've played through the Zenan Bridge battles after playing through the storyline before it (going through Heckran cave, going to 600 A.D., delivering the jerky, etc.) by using the event-fix codes for the pre-release. On another note, Unknown Battle plays instead of Battle 1 at the beginning of the sequence there.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:22:15 am by Vehek »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 01:49:57 am »
well, i want someone to freaking reply to them, plus, i have many more glitches, those are just some minor ones.

Point taken.

I did read that post of yours, but I don't think that I left a comment. Sorry  :(! ><;

Jessica Ingmann

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Lv. 23 Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Window Colors and Icons
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 02:18:51 am »
More differences, but with th' icons!

Pre-Release Version
Final Japanese Version
Final US Version
Final US PS-X Version
Th' differences 'tween th' pre-release an' th' Japanese final version have been covered already, and it's obvious why they changed th' icons fer th' US release...  ...but...why th' "new" icons in Chrono Trigger '99?  I realize it's a port of Chrono Trigger '99's Japan release, but why not use th' icons from th' US Super Nintendo version instead of changin' th' Tech icon ta read English?  Weird stuff...

Also, this is slightly off-topic, but Chrono Trigger '99 sucks.  Fer sounds they couldn't replicate, they used really ugly, low-quality WAV files.(Lavos' scream, th' Time Gate sounds, some others...)  Fer other sounds, such as Inner Lavos' "grumbles", well...  Just horrendous...  Icky...  >_<

Edit: I jus' noticed this!  They re-arranged th' stats in th' Super Nintendo US version as well!  I'm not 100% sure, but I think th' layout in th' PS-X US version an' th' Japanese versions are th' same, but why did Squaresoft USA re-arrange 'em?  ...also weird...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:23:30 am by Jessica Ingmann »