Author Topic: I have returned!  (Read 2938 times)

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
I have returned!
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:30:09 pm »
Remember me? It's been a while since I last posted here, but life kind of got away from me. In addition to work and school, I've been focusing most of my online energy on my new blog (Infophilia). Recently, though, a friend brought up the subject of Chrono Trigger on his blog, and I was reminded of this site (and linked it for him).

So, what all's been happening? I see that there's once more a possibility of Chrono Break coming out, so I plan to stick around and help with ideas on what we could do to show support (Idea #1: Show them this site).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: I have returned!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:38:18 pm »
Not much. No news with Crimson Echoes. A short CT film is in the works, but I haven't added the info to the fan project page. CE is stalled while one person's resources are devoted to somewhat of a surprise, and I'm too busy chasing a dream to do a few encyclopedic updates and help with that little project. At any rate, I expect things to get interesting. I'm glad a Guru is back. Since analysis has cooled off so much, we were stuck in a conundrum over what to do with the titles. Aitrus hasn't been around for a while and GrayLensman disappeared in September 2006.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 09:40:22 pm »
The last we heard of GrayLensman was when he called from an offshore oil rig asking for a briefcase full of nickels and an oversized helium balloon.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 09:44:49 pm »
During ZeaLitY's unanticipated leave of absence, I assumed emergency tyrannical powers to guide the Compendium through the crisis. My promising reign was marked by cruel tax hikes, targeted bannings, family extortion, and assorted war crimes. Then I lost my password, whereupon I could not get back into the site. Then, since I had killed everybody in the line of succession beneath me, command of the Compendium fell to User No. 1996, who promptly shat himself and fled town. By the time ZeaLitY returned, we were eating dirt out of troughs and struggling with an insurgency of our own filth and garbage.

Ramsus

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 03:33:15 pm »
Remember me? It's been a while since I last posted here, but life kind of got away from me. In addition to work and school, I've been focusing most of my online energy on my new blog (Infophilia). Recently, though, a friend brought up the subject of Chrono Trigger on his blog, and I was reminded of this site (and linked it for him).

So, what all's been happening? I see that there's once more a possibility of Chrono Break coming out, so I plan to stick around and help with ideas on what we could do to show support (Idea #1: Show them this site).

Yeah? I joined the US Air Force, and I'm about to hit my 6-month mark. Needless to say, the site's been in a state of technical neglect since then.

Anyway, it's good to have some old blood come back into the mix. We thought the gurus had died.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 05:11:50 pm »
Sup d00d.  I've been doing school, mostly, while what there is of my life has steadily devolved into a soap opera; I'm hoping to transfer to the University of Texas at Austin next spring to finish my B.S. in math.  After that I don't know.  Thinking about going to California for grad school.  That or running off and starting a band.  Or maybe both.  All I know is that I'd be the most awesome RA in the history of universities, mostly because I'd pretty much let people get away with anything.

So tell us about your life; where've you been studying, did you meet a sweet girl, have you managed to cure cancer, you know?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 07:00:28 pm »
Well, I've been working on a degree in Mathematical Physics at the University of Waterloo. Now, take those two things (most difficult program at the most difficult university in Canada), and then compress the program from 4 years to 3. I'll be graduating from it this spring, but then it's on to Grad school. I have met some sweet girls, but they're all already taken by the time I've met them (that's what happens in a physics program). As for curing cancer, I can tell you that death cures all, but that's probably not very helpful.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 10:26:25 pm »
Welcome back Leebot!

The first time I met you was around when I was n00b. Now I am a proud "Magical Dreamer"!

Again, welcome back to the Compendium.

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 10:51:52 pm »
Yeah.. I do remember you.

You wouldn't possibly be returning from the same space-time warp GreyLensman was sucked into?

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 12:28:33 am »
don't think i'm stupid when i ask this but, what are the gurus on here?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 02:09:06 am »

The Gurus are the four spiritual leaders who guide the Compendium. There are Gray Lensman, the Guru of Reason; Leebot the Guru of Time; Celesti, the Guru of Guinness; and Aitrus, the Guru of Life. When they speak on the subjects of their expertise, it is wise to consider what they have to say.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 07:36:54 am »
Well, I've been working on a degree in Mathematical Physics at the University of Waterloo.

That's pretty much when the suicide alarm in my brain started blaring.  :lol:

Waterloo's a damn tough school, right up there with places like UChicago.  You get good grades there, you can get in anywhere.  Where are you figuring on going?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 10:09:17 am »

The Gurus are the four spiritual leaders who guide the Compendium. There are Gray Lensman, the Guru of Reason; Leebot the Guru of Time; Celesti, the Guru of Guinness; and Aitrus, the Guru of Life. When they speak on the subjects of their expertise, it is wise to consider what they have to say.

Except Celesti. Lord J forced her to be a Guru. =D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 01:15:01 am »
I'll have you know her Gurification was entirely consensual, based upon a mutual love of Guinness and Chrono Trigger.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 09:57:06 am »
I'll have you know her Gurification was entirely consensual, based upon a mutual love of Guinness and Chrono Trigger.

E-GAD!!! That was the answer behind obtaining power all along!