Author Topic: Summit for Chrono Break  (Read 21816 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Summit for Chrono Break
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 01:06:33 am »
We should ask for an interview from a gaming magazine after Crimson Echoes(or Chrono Crisis) is done. That could help spread the word.

mini_mario

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 10:52:21 pm »
I think the Wii opens up mass potential for a Chrono game, whether it be new or a remake of Trigger. The remote and nunchuck would be great to use as Chrono's weapons in mid battle. That way you could actually get into the fighting style of crono.

What we wouldn't give to see chrono in all his 3D glory... w/o being shut down by cease and desist.

Oh well, worse thingas have happened... like FF:CC.

(actually it's a good game for a while...)

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 04:00:24 am »
I think that CT and CC would be awesome on DS, I mean Square have already told us that the DS prints money by moving the proper Dragon Quest series to it.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2007, 04:41:38 am »
How about some ideas for how the game would work?  In Chrono Trigger, you traveled between times, in Cross, you traveled between dimensions, well what would be unique about Break?  I would love for a sequel to be made, but not if it was a souless rehash or revival tour-esq.  So what rules of space time are there left to break?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2007, 04:55:40 am »
How about some ideas for how the game would work?  In Chrono Trigger, you traveled between times, in Cross, you traveled between dimensions, well what would be unique about Break?  I would love for a sequel to be made, but not if it was a souless rehash or revival tour-esq.  So what rules of space time are there left to break?
Faster than light travel? Go through space, time, and dimensions? Play as Balthasar and spend the whole game masterminding Chrono Cross?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2007, 06:06:38 am »

It wouldn't surprise me if it'd be about space travel. In Chrono Cross, you can inspect Lucca's last invention in her house, and the description says:
Quote from: Lucca
   There is a memo lying
   on the floor here.
   It reads...
   Don't you children
   ever touch my
   '"Space Capsule!"'

A beautiful view of the
   expanses of...space!?
I've always wondered what was the developers' intent in showing this machine and description.

Then again, I don't really think space travel is something very awesome. Maybe we'll have combinations of time travel, dimensional leaping, and a little bit of space travel...

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2007, 06:10:41 am »
I would say that the space travel would probably be limited to going to another planet with a Lavoid for some reason. Perhaps the game will be about tracking down the origin of the Lavosian species and eliminating it? (Though that would be genocide, and I'd personally prefer it not to be a game about genocide.)

DJ Br'er Lappin

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 10:40:25 am »
Honestly, I think our idea of coming up with something bigger and more legitimate than the usual online petition is the only way we'd be able to help, but so far, aside from having booths at game shows to show our support, this is just looking like the billions of forum posts around the world in regards to the Chrono Series, (which I don't even know if its possible.  Don't you have to be a gaming company/distributer or something to that effect to buy a booth at shows?)

My proposal, which although it sounds cliche at this point, even Hollywood has picked up on as far as marketing strategies; Chrono Compendium's Summit For Chrono Myspace page.  If you look at any recent movie, music, game, hell, ANYTHING release, their promotions these days not only consist of a website, but they now encourage you to show your support via their Myspace page.  How did Dane Cook, (just as an easy example,) get HBO's attention and all this NOW overexposure?  Being Myspace's BIGGEST Friend.  He has 1,782,148 Friends at the moment, and it escalates every day! (No bots either.)  Now, I know even though we almost always hate to admit it, we've ALL got a Myspace, and I would be glad to be the 1st Friend of "Chrono Compendium's Summit For Chrono."  I don't know the logistics of how it would be monitored, but surely we could have someone here at the Compendium post Blogs, fan pics, music and such while we comment the hell out of the page, tell our friends, and MAKE Square see what they're missing.  I hate to say it, because surely if I were a game developer, (at least a paid one,) I would ABSOLUTELY JUMP on the idea of making a new Chrono, FREE!  I know it sounds far fetched, but I would LITERALLY work for days, months, weeks, even YEARS on a new Chrono, even more so for a remake, without any pay.  The end result would be payment enough.  I'm sure a lot of us feel this way.  OK, now I'm babbling, sorry guys, I just really think that's the best way to go, and once I start talking Chrono, it's kinda hard to kill my own joy.   :)

djespe

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 11:11:53 am »
(Previously posted as Guest DJ Br'er Lappin)

Woops!  I forgot to end one of those sentences.  When I mentioned, "I hate to say it..." the point of it was that although I hate to throw this in as a reason for Square to move forward with this project, it's one of the most logical for them, which would be $.  Undoubtedly, one of the 2 most requested remakes I've ever seen in the game industry, they couldn't go wrong, even if it flopped, (cuz although we all "hated" when Zelda went Cell Shaded, we STILL bought a copy nonetheless.)  They could build their own Mammon Machine with the cash flow of such a game... (and in turn destroy us all!)

Cloud

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2007, 02:22:26 am »
 :lee:

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2007, 06:19:57 pm »
Okay. Here's a major can of worms to be opened. New technology has been birthed.

.......Through the creation of the Xbox game "Blue Dragon".

Finally, someone has figured out how to transform Akira Toriyama's badass artwork
into total 3D characters and environments. Flawlessly transform them, mind you.

With this in existence, there comes the wondrous possibility of being able to do the
same artistic genius with the Chrono series. Just think of this (my lovely dream):

Get Akira Toriyama to work on this (duh), use Blue Dragon's awesome 3D modeling,
have a storyline that involves the original CT world and its characters (maybe not all
of them, but possibly children of them or something), have it involve time travel as
well as space travel (how else would the other characters get involved? I though it'd
rock if Lucca made a sort of "ChronoPhone" that'd allow for talking to people in other
time periods, and be able to see them as well), and to give the game incredible depth...
have this epic adventure take place on MORE than one planet. Best part: Discovering
that Lavos is not a normal creature, and in fact was created by an ancient alien race.
Their planet was destroyed by Lavos and its spawn, yet remnants of their civilization
still can be found on a few worlds they traveled to. Piecing together all that's available
on those planets, the heroes of this tale will quest for the ultimate goal - find the lost
creator of Lavos and put a stop to the fiend's world-defiling research and inventions.
Heh heh... you can bet your ass that this could involve Magus, for he would have the
greatest desire to put an end to that mad scientist's work - and his wretched life.

An epic tale of avenging those who were killed or had their lives ruined by Lavos.

Why no mentions of Chrono Cross stuff? I've never enjoyed the storyline for that
game, even though it was pretty interesting. It tried to reinvent the original and
make it suck (namely, it would've been different if Akira had worked on it and if
they had included some other characters from CT - like Magus and Crono).

Thus I have bared my heart and soul to you all, and how I long to speak with anyone
from Square-Enix on having my dream become a reality (or at least close enough).
May we succeed in having them realize they shouldn't give up on the Chrono series...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 01:57:11 am by Kara Kazeneko »

Bodom

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 05:14:04 pm »
We could each start our own "dummy remake project" somewhere, and have another report it and get ourselves a C&D.
I imagine if square had to shut down an undeniable amount of CC/CT projects in a small period of time, they would have to realize it garners a significant amount of interest.... though this is sort of a low-down scheme to say the least... and i imagine would require quite a bit of people buying websites and the such, to avoid something happening directly to the compendium

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 11:29:08 pm »
I've said it at least twice so I'll say it again.

BOYCOTT!

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 12:56:11 am »
That website idea does sound interesting, but it sure would be depressing to those
who put their money and effort into such projects. Then again, if it made S-E come
to realize that CT is beloved by many and they long for another game, it might be
worthy in the end...

(and I sure would love to hear folks' opinions on my dream idea for a game)

Maneo

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 12:43:19 pm »
 I am new here.
I am from Sweden, and I am 27 years old.

Hi everyone!

A Chrono sequel would be great. 
 What do you think would be good plot for Chrono 3?