Author Topic: Summit for Chrono Break  (Read 21742 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Summit for Chrono Break
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 07:37:17 am »
I don't think that DotA will have any influence on any descision of Square Enix. I would say have a little protest sort of thing outside of Square Enix America, but not demanding, simply showing how much we love the series... But that would be difficult for Chrono fans outside of the US...
Which is why we'd get fans in Europe to have a gathering of sorts outside of the Square Enix headquarters in Europe, and get the Japanese cult fans in Japan gathering outside of the main Square Enix headquarters. Of course, if anything would have any effect whatsoever, it's the last one, as Square Enix--at least the Squaresoft part--has always paid far more attention to Japan than anywhere else, as it should, since it's a Japanese company.

The issue with Europe has always been translation difficulties however. Many claim that Square Enix intentionally left Chrono Trigger out of the Final Fantasy PSX rereleases in Europe because they didn't want to create more European fans, and that's just idiotic ridiculous nonsense. Consider how many languages you have in the PAL region, vs. just one for the NTSC region. Now consider just how difficult it is to translate from Japanese to English. Also note that for a Chrono Trigger European release, they would have had to create a new translation for each individual language. Considering it was just a SNES emulated port of the game to begin with even for the NTSC region, it's not surprising it was left out, as doing a new translation for Europeans might have prompted doing a new translation for English as well, which would have caused problems as the United States and Canada also speak English, albiet two different dialects, and we would have been left out translation wise. Then they would have had complaints about no new translation for the Final Fantasy games and you can see where this would start being a serious problem, when the whole point to Final Fantasy Chronicles and Final Fantasy Anthologies was to garner more interest in Squaresoft products amongst Playstation fans who might not have been around or might have ignored Squaresoft during the SNES era for one reason or another.

This is why I have high hopes for a Gameboy Advance port. Given that Final Fantasies IV, V, and VI have all gained new translations in their ports to the GBA, and given that right now Square Enix has rated the chances of a Chrono Trigger port to GBA as 50/50, we may see this issue finally resolved. Now while I doubt they'll take the time to retranslate Chrono Cross and rerelease it to the PAL region, I certainly don't see why they wouldn't retranslate Chrono Trigger for the PAL region while doing the same for the NTSC region in a new GBA port. If anything, doing so would set the stage for a new Chrono game as it would introduce the series--officially--to the European market. And considering how many Japanese-only games have started to be released to Europe--among them, Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix(leading some Kingdom Hearts fans, including myself to hope that the Final Mix version of KH II will be released in the U.S.)--I daresay that the Europeans have a high chance of seeing Chrono Trigger released there in a GBA port.

So, that begs the question of whether we really need to do anything at all, doesn't it? If what I'm saying here has any basis in reality, then we might be fine. We might see a new Chrono game without any work at all. But I wouldn't go so far as to say that. In fact, that would probably be a bad assumption. So, what do we do?

...Damned if I know...

lyonskar

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 09:58:54 am »
Have a Chrono party outside Square-Enix. With events such as soda drinking contest, a band performing Jurassic Rythm, cosplay race, CT/CC scenes interpretations, etc.

If they try to kick you out, then, put up a good fight and yell "for Doan and the others".

Naah, ok seriously.
If we manage to make Square-Enix release CT for the GBA, they could possibly work on Break, since it'd be a rare chance for the Dream Team to be back together (Copyright reasons).
I just hope someday I could play CC on my DS.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 02:05:16 am »
I don't think that DotA will have any influence on any descision of Square Enix. I would say have a little protest sort of thing outside of Square Enix America, but not demanding, simply showing how much we love the series... But that would be difficult for Chrono fans outside of the US...

On the contrary...  If the people becomes more aware of CT & gains interest of it, the people from SE will certainly not pass this opportunity.  We must use the popularity of other games to our advantage.   The ultimate aim of my idea is to heighten the awareness & curiousity of CT/CC to all gamers throughout the world especially the next generation gamers.  Furthermore, SE has the habit of using their popular character & apply it to other RPGs(e.g. Cloud & Sephiroth appeared to several crossovers because of their popularity including their appearance to KH series.)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2007, 05:43:19 am »

On the contrary...  If the people becomes more aware of CT & gains interest of it, the people from SE will certainly not pass this opportunity.  We must use the popularity of other games to our advantage.   The ultimate aim of my idea is to heighten the awareness & curiousity of CT/CC to all gamers throughout the world especially the next generation gamers.  Furthermore, SE has the habit of using their popular character & apply it to other RPGs(e.g. Cloud & Sephiroth appeared to several crossovers because of their popularity including their appearance to KH series.)
If we're going to use other video games' popularity to help our cause, I strongly suggest we use the Kingdom Hearts series, as according to KH Ultimania(http://www.kh2.co.uk), the sales figures for the Kingdom Hearts series last year appeared to exceed the sales figures for the Final Fantasy series. We could kill two birds with one stone and try to get KH II: Final Mix+ released to the NTSC region as well while we're at it.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2007, 06:16:12 am »
If we're going to use other video games' popularity to help our cause, I strongly suggest we use the Kingdom Hearts series, as according to KH Ultimania(http://www.kh2.co.uk), the sales figures for the Kingdom Hearts series last year appeared to exceed the sales figures for the Final Fantasy series. We could kill two birds with one stone and try to get KH II: Final Mix+ released to the NTSC region as well while we're at it.

That's less likely that's gonna happen....  People from SE are too stubborn to include CT & CC to KH.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2007, 06:21:20 am »

That's less likely that's gonna happen....  People from SE are too stubborn to include CT & CC to KH.
That's not what I meant, exactly. I know that Nomura is not likely to include any character he did not design in a Kingdom Hearts game. (It was hard enough for SE to convince him to add Vivi and Setzer to Kingdom Hearts II.) What I meant is that we should try to get that game released here as well as showing support for the Chrono series. Why? Simple, really. If a large number of KH fans, the ones driving these recent sales, show interest in the Chrono series as well, it would show SE that there would be a profit in making a new Chrono game. It would be neat to see Chrono characters in Kingdom Hearts III though. I can tell you one thing...we know we'll see a new Chrono game if any characters like that show up in KH III, if only because they did the same thing with Advent Children and the design of Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, and Yuffie in KH II.

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2007, 08:40:32 pm »
Are there any Chrono fans who live in Australia? I thought maybe there could be a gathering at Play! this year...

DarkEpoch7

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 10:53:09 pm »
Get an army of people dressed like Crono to march to the SQEX HQ. It might be ridiciulous, humorous, and impossible to organize, but damned if it doesn't get noticed.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007, 11:21:47 pm »
Hell, that...that's got me curious. Just getting someone to cosplay at Chrono, pull up at SE HQ, and start demanding a new Chrono game over a loudspeaker -- all while being recorded -- might provide for some viral stuff over Youtube. But getting a whole bunch of Cronos to stay on the public street and yell for a while might make actual gaming blogs. Okay, adding this as a viable idea!

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 04:07:56 am »
 I could see them standing there in a line with a big banner that says "Silent protaganists for a new Chrono" LOL

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 02:46:36 pm »
I could see them standing there in a line with a big banner that says "Silent protaganists for a new Chrono" LOL

That is simply brilliant!

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 03:13:24 pm »
It'd be a little difficult to get enough people in the right place though, wouldn't it? Not to mention what it would take to make them all look like Crono or other characters from the series. Unless we want to start a money drive to purchase/make Crono costumes...

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 02:47:45 am »
I am speechless...

MasaMuneCyrus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Sir Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 12:44:25 am »
Are there any Chrono fans who live in Australia? I thought maybe there could be a gathering at Play! this year...

No need. I went to the Chicago premiere and of all the games, Mitsuda and Chrono Trigger got the largest, loudest, and longest standing ovation. I'm not exaggerating at all, either. Even Mario, Halo, Final Fantasy, and Zelda failed to get the kind of applause that Chrono Trigger got. Not even One-Winged Angel (the first play-through OR the encore) garnered the kind of applause that Chrono Trigger got.

It was amazing. I never knew that there were so many Chrono Trigger fans out there. I mean, very nearly everyone who has owned a Super Nintendo holds Chrono Trigger as one of the best games of all time, but I had figured that most people have moved on to Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Halo. It was touching, to say the very least. I'm reasonably sure that Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda returned to Japan with a grand impression of just how much people loved Chrono Trigger after that symphony.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 10:49:15 am »
Well I did my part today in the mission to get a new Chrono game. Well, I didn't do much, but anyways.

On the new Wii Channel, Everbody Votes, I submitted the question Should SquareEnix make a new Chrono series game?

Yea very insignificant I know, but every little bit helps right?