Author Topic: Perpetual Temporal Flux Bug Report / Feature Suggestion Thread  (Read 71627 times)

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Perpetual Temporal Flux Bug Report / Feature Suggestion Thread
« on: February 03, 2007, 10:43:42 pm »
If you have a specific problem or would like to see a particular feature implemented, post the specific details here.

For bugs, be as detailed as possible with version number and step-by-step instructions to recreate your bug (preferably from the unaltered ROM).  But please make sure your instructions do not have a bunch of extra steps that are not needed for your bug to show up.  For example, if your problem appears when editing events, please check on all those map editing steps as I doubt they are needed.  Spending a little of your time to help narrow down the problem saves me and my team a lot of debugging time.

---T.Geiger
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:00:00 pm by ZeaLitY »

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Temporal Flux Bug Report / Feature Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:56:23 pm »
Here's the OW exit issue I described in this topic.

In TF 2.55 & with a brand new ROM.

1. Open Window Menu>Overworlds
2. Change the Overworld number to 6 (Last Village)
3. Click the convenient exits button :) (under the map number) or go to Window Menu>Overworlds>Overworld>Exits.
4. Change the X destination of exit 0 (is 1AC North Cape in the default game) from 8 to 9 (for this example, just change it by one integer).
5. Save and load up the CT ROM.
6. In the Prehistoric, Last Village, and Future Overworlds you can't land the Epoch (the animations and game freeze while the music continues playing)

I hope this is specific enough and it helps! ;)

-------------
One other thing, would it be possible to have a timer display with a countdown? Like in FF6 where you must escape the floating continent. I know a countdown can be made with events, but it can't be displayed without using the textboxes. It could be some kind of command that passes an integer (seconds) to a timer function then have it display on the screen.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:35:23 pm by Zakyrus »

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:09:04 am »
I hope this is specific enough and it helps!

Yes, it is and it does.

Found the problem.  Apparently, I changed the code for the NLZ data to use the full address, but did not change the address it was being compared against to match.  This means Flux will save NLZ data even when no patch is applied.  The reason this only kills certain Overworlds is because those are the OWs that normally have no NLZ.

I have fixed the problem in my code.  The short term workaround is to enable either of the NLZ patches.

One other thing, would it be possible to have a timer display with a countdown?

Not without an ASM hack of some sort.  Probably a fairly significant one also.  I had been thinking of something similar as of late, but I really do not have the time to make such a hack, ATM.

---T.Geiger

DarknessSavior

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:27 am »
I've actually been working on a Chrono Trigger hack for quite some time now, but I was never able to use Temporal Flux.

I'm running Windows ME, is there a way to get the Microsoft .NET stuff installed on ME so I can use stuff like Temporal Flux?

~DS

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 09:56:46 am »
I'm running Windows ME, is there a way to get the Microsoft .NET stuff installed on ME so I can use stuff like Temporal Flux?

It should be available through Windows Update.  You can also try downloading it from here, though its better to get it from WU since it will be keyed specifically to your OS version and language.

---T.Geiger

DarknessSavior

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 01:46:47 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't have the internet at home, so I can't use Windows Update.

I've tried downloading it before, but one more shot couldn't hurt, I guess. I don't think that Microsoft even has any updates for ME anymore, since they stopped supporting it. >.<

~DS

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:03:25 am »
I've tried downloading it before, but one more shot couldn't hurt, I guess. I don't think that Microsoft even has any updates for ME anymore, since they stopped supporting it.

The link I gave you says it supports ME.

Framework 3.0 does not though.  Nor does XNA.

---T.Geiger

DarknessSavior

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 09:18:10 am »
Well, I wound up having to download a whole bunch of extra stuff too. The Framework requires IE 5.0 or higher (I downloaded an' installed 5.5 just fine), and Windows Installer 2.0.

The problem is, when I go to install Windows Installer 2.0, it says that feature is already installed. But, when I go to install the .net Framework, it says that I DON'T have it. O.o

Should I attempt to uninstall the current version of Windows Installer? I don't even think that's possible, at least from the Add/Remove Programs menu.

~DS

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:46:46 am »
Not really sure what to tell you at this point. Search for a file called MSI.DLL.  The file version will tell you which Windows Installer version is on your computer.  WinME comes with 1.2, if memory serves.

You might want to make sure you have the proper version also, as WI does not have a unified installer.  Here's the Win9x version.

Beyond that, my only suggestion would be to spend some money and locate a copy of WinXP or Vista.

---T.Geiger

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 02:22:50 pm »
Could you possibly code the music data (which song plays when in that loc.) to be saved with the location data?

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 03:27:22 pm »
Could you possibly code the music data (which song plays when in that loc.) to be saved with the location data?

It should already do this.

---T.Geiger

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 11:24:24 pm »

It should already do this.

---T.Geiger

Let me rephrase this. Is there any way you could code the music to be exported with the location export?

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 07:29:57 pm »
Just to let you guys know, if you're upgrading to vista and you use Temporal Flux.....

It works!

so yes TF is Vista ready. :D

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 11:13:57 am »
so yes TF is Vista ready.

Since Flux is written to the .NET Framework, I would expect the program to work fine on any system that supports the framework version I use (which was 2.0 for the last release).  If I understand the documentation correctly, it should even run as native 64 bit code without me having to recompile or jump through hoops.

Never did hear from anyone if Flux now works on Macs since Mono started supporting the Forms library.

---T.Geiger

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 09:23:46 am »
Vista does have .NET framework 3.0, when you install it, which can be downloaded for Windows XP as well. So no extra downloads for vista users. unless you get the cheepo starter version, but i dunno about home basic.