Author Topic: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread  (Read 39620 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2007, 02:04:45 pm »
Okay, then, Glenn. Good luck, and don't hurry on our account. Quality is far more important than speed after all.

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2007, 12:55:48 am »
Ok, so I've played through the hack up until the point after Chrono dies. I'm going to make a list of all the little blips I saw along the way, separated by era. I'm also sure that most of these things have already/will soon be fixed, but it's always good to see if something flew off your radar.

Prehistoric:
  • Hunting range>> The "2x feather/horn/fang/etc" items are not redeemable at the trading hut.
That's probably because the 2 Feathers items weren't seperated into 1 feather and 1 feather. One tiny glitch there, as the items are suppossed to seperate, but they didn't.
  • Hunting range>> Defeating the nu will cause a very glitched message(Names off some inventory items if you look closely) and cause the game to freeze permanently. (Fast forward and multiple tested)
  • Forest maze>> About 1/10 times, the "leaves blowing in the wind" animation will be a light blue color. Not sure if it was planned or not.

Dark ages/Zeal:
  • No problems thus far, since not much expansion has been made here.
  • (Thank you for not changing Doreen's dialog!)

Middles Ages:
  • Manoria Cathedral>>It might just be me, but it took a long time to figure out the newly implemented event starting switch on the chancellor before having the four nagas attack you. Probably a bad habit of mine to not talk to NPC's but I thought it was worth mentioning.
  • Dorino, North residence>>I'm sure you are trying to set something up here that's not finished yet. Every NPC in there speaks garble, and sometimes sets the screen black permanently. The Naga-ette bromide event does not work as well.
  • Magic Cave>>Before defeating Magus, if you leave from the cave, the event resets and the way back in is sealed as before frog opens it with the Masamune. There was no way to trigger the event to happen again, so it became a forced reset.
This happened to me too! I'm waiting for a way to fix this.
  • Magic cave, the passage through the heckran cave was very creative, I must say. Problem was, when I went to save, it said that I was in the millennium era. Also, the place is just a clone of the cave, so I'm hoping it's a work in progress.
  • Cursed woods>>The expansion looks nice, but there are a lot of layering and tileset errors, such as certain kinds of grass not being able to be walked upon from a certain direction, as well as trees you can walk over.
  • Defeating the Nu here causes no problems.
  • Giant's Claw>>After getting the rainbow shell and returning to guardia castle, the epoch stays at the giant's claw entrance! Another forced reset.

Millennium:
  • Millenial Fair>>The new games are wonderful, but the silver points you win from them seem to not be redeemable at Bekkler's tent. The NPC in front tells me I have well over a thousand, but I still can't play any of the games unless I win point from the pre-programmed games. Also, thanks for upgrading Gato!
  • Millenial Fair>>The chef who wants "jadeleaf" accepts the herb "Greenleaf" found at the Deandoro mts. small error, easy to fix.
He also accepts Quartz.
  • Guardia Castle>>Cannot do the trial of the king sidequest since the rainbow shell diddn't work.
  • Medina, Post-magus>>The square plays the same event since the event switch was not turned on/off after Magus joined the party. The result is a bunch of blue imps walking around and then the same dialog as the old event, paired with a permanent game freeze. Forced reset

Future:
  • Death Peak>>The map is totally fubar'd. All you see when you get in are tiny squares of the tileset panning across the screen on a black background. Thank goodness the wind is there to take you out since you cannot move when you get in.
Death Peak has not been touched upon, yet, the hack is only suppossed to go until Magus' defeat.
  • Geno Dome>>Same problem as death peak. This time it is a forced reset, since there is nothing to take you offscreen.
This seems like a serious problem.
[/list]

Black omen:
  • Everything is fine up until you meet the queen at the mamon machine. The game just freezes after she finishes talking. About a few seconds of fast forward later, I push A and the game continues. After the mammon machine is defeated, the game freezes again after Magus(who was in my party) talks with zeal. Forced reset.
That happens in the normal game, if oyu end the Queen's message before the party stands surrounding her. just wait until that happens.
[/list]

End of time:
  • No complaints, but I'd like to see more elaboration on the time error theory on top of what was added in. :)

Lavos:
  • No problem up until I died due to the lack of chrono's falcon hit...

Besides all that, it's really good! I can't wait for the next update.

There's a whole thread to report bugs, which would've been a little more better to post this, but, I suppose its a good informer for Kyronea and Zakyrus who did a good job. But remember the hack is supposed to end after the Magus battle #1.

Also, I thought there was a blackjack game a Leene Square. Didn't it make it in, or is it the cat at the extended area who says he's setting up does it?

And I am not a staff member, but I think I wanted to comment. No harm taken?

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2007, 02:03:03 am »

There's a whole thread to report bugs, which would've been a little more better to post this, but, I suppose its a good informer for Kyronea and Zakyrus who did a good job. But remember the hack is supposed to end after the Magus battle #1.

Also, I thought there was a blackjack game a Leene Square. Didn't it make it in, or is it the cat at the extended area who says he's setting up does it?

And I am not a staff member, but I think I wanted to comment. No harm taken?
Thanks, I'll repost there. :)

DancemasterGlenn

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2007, 05:45:08 am »
Well, it's been exactly one week...  feels like it flew by. I had a lot of work to do, but as promised I have a sample song. It's not as cheery as you guys asked for, but I tried to at least make it cool (to make up for the not following directions). Let me know what you think. I know it's very simple, and not very long, but that's what I was going for. Feedback appreciated.

http://rapidshare.com/files/39602312/GSL_-_Sacred_Forest.mid.html

Hopefully the levels and instruments will all be good for everyone, since it's a midi I can't guarantee you'll be hearing exactly what I heard making it. Hope you like it!

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2007, 07:44:54 pm »
Wow, personally I think that's wicked, suits a forest well.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2007, 09:19:11 pm »
Okay, for some reason, I can't get it to play. I'm going to redownload it in case the file was corrupted, and if that doesn't work I don't know what the problem is because this is a MIDI and it should play in just about anything. (Especially VLC media player, which is what I'm using.

Majutsuko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2007, 10:27:50 pm »
Wow, I like it Dance, good job!  :o

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2007, 11:46:29 pm »

I still can't get it to play. What the hell is wrong with my computer? Everything else works beautifully, yet it refuses to play.

unknoun_prophet

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://peggyguder.tripod.com
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2007, 08:51:07 am »

I still can't get it to play. What the hell is wrong with my computer? Everything else works beautifully, yet it refuses to play.
Maybe you should try playing it in a midi sequencer. The project is great so far. I can't wait untill it's finished, but I guess I'll have to.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2007, 11:52:21 am »
Round of applause :)  I really enjoy this music file!

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2007, 12:12:14 pm »
] Maybe you should try playing it in a midi sequencer. The project is great so far. I can't wait untill it's finished, but I guess I'll have to.
I don't have one.

DancemasterGlenn

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2007, 01:06:01 pm »
That's really weird that you can't play it... do other midi files play for you? If they do, then it must have something to do with the MIDI I made, and I can try some other stuff to fix that. If you can't get any MIDI working, it could be your sound card? While I can't even imagine a sound card unable to handle MIDI, I guess it's possible. You should check for driver updates, or something.

But yeah, if other MIDI files are working for you I can try sending you the file myself, or saving it to another MIDI type.

Majutsuko, FalconHit, unknoun_prophet (assuming you did enjoy it), and Azure, thank you for enjoying the song. It was fun to make :)

Any more comments are more than welcome, and if anyone else has problems playing the file let me know. But try playing it in winamp or something first.... it really should work...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 01:54:08 pm by DancemasterGlenn »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2007, 01:28:03 pm »
It must somehow be my soundcard. In a couple media programs the file will play but it makes no sound at all. Considering it's a seventy dollar sound card, I am very disappointed, especially since it plays everything else so beautifully.

So...err...can you convert it to MP3 somehow?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2007, 02:33:30 pm »
Wow! All I can say it awesome Job! I love it so much! Keep up the good work!

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2007, 04:58:58 pm »
Kyronea, what midi device are you using? That might be the problem. Or maybe MIDI volume is muted.
I converted the midi to a mp3 with Synthfont.
http://ce.herograw.org/Vehek/GSL_-_Sacred_Forest.mp3
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 05:17:10 pm by Vehek »