Author Topic: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread  (Read 39626 times)

Kaktus021

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 03:00:03 am »
The frozen catacombs look suspiciously similar to the giant's claw, also, the pallete is a bit ugly in my opinion. Your expansion in the Kajar research room could use some reworking to get the tiles looking right. Looking good so far.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 03:05:01 am »
The frozen catacombs look suspiciously similar to the giant's claw, also, the pallete is a bit ugly in my opinion.

That location is for now, however the exits are rearranged differently. In a later version I will be able to add my own tileset and palette.

Also thanks for all the positive feedback from everyone! It means alot!  :D

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 03:48:26 am »
The frozen catacombs look suspiciously similar to the giant's claw, also, the pallete is a bit ugly in my opinion.

That location is for now, however the exits are rearranged differently. In a later version I will be able to add my own tileset and palette.

Also thanks for all the positive feedback from everyone! It means alot!  :D
Hey, you're obviously working quite hard on this, and you're the only one apparently working on a project that shows results as far as I can see to boot, too.

What I'm wondering is if you need any help on the expanded dialogue and whatnot, such as Robo's backstory and the like, as I'd be glad to help with that if you want. I can't program or do anything else, but I do want to help you out a wee bit.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 12:22:39 pm »
Yea the catacombs could use some work graphics wise, but besides that I think the idea is great. A unique twist to the dungeons of CT. Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping the forums slowly updated.

I hope you aren't giving away all your surprise, but thanks for the updates nonetheless. They make us feel like work is actually being done on the game, while other fan projects it seems that nothing is being accomplished.(I'm sure things are, but it just doesn't feel like it.)

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to this game being completed. Can't wait to play it.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 01:50:59 pm »
I hope you aren't giving away all your surprise, but thanks for the updates nonetheless.

Oh hell no.  :twisted: Why would I want to spoil the surprise??? Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007, 04:18:14 pm »
I hope you aren't giving away all your surprise, but thanks for the updates nonetheless.

Oh hell no.  :twisted: Why would I want to spoil the surprise??? Mwa ha ha ha ha!

That's exactly what I wanted to hear!  :D

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2007, 06:38:53 pm »
What I'm wondering is if you need any help on the expanded dialogue and whatnot, such as Robo's backstory and the like, as I'd be glad to help with that if you want. I can't program or do anything else, but I do want to help you out a wee bit.

Hmm. I had never considered this before. Maybe, I'll get a group going or something.... I'd like to hear any ideas you may have.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2007, 06:44:01 pm »

Hmm. I had never considered this before. Maybe, I'll get a group going or something.... I'd like to hear any ideas you may have.
At the moment it's more of a range of various ideas floating around in my head, but for some grounding I'd like to look at what you've come up with thus far, and see if I think we should work from there or take one of the various directions I have in my head instead. We should probably work via PM and/or e-mail though, if only to avoid possible spoilage for everyone here.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2007, 06:52:54 pm »

At the moment it's more of a range of various ideas floating around in my head, but for some grounding I'd like to look at what you've come up with thus far, and see if I think we should work from there or take one of the various directions I have in my head instead. We should probably work via PM and/or e-mail though, if only to avoid possible spoilage for everyone here.

Alrighty, let me compile my "book" of features and stuff todo, then I can PM it to you.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2007, 08:38:32 pm »
If Kyronea isn't enough help, let me know if you need anything else done. I've never done any programming or anything like that, but I'm learning some coding in school right now, so maybe I'm not totally worthless. Anyways, let me know if theres anything I can help out with. I've always wanted to work on a fan game like this.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2007, 11:28:24 pm »
All I know is that my afternoons after this comes out are booked :P No homework gonna get done here  :)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 09:20:11 am »
I would more or less like to learn and help others make custom techs, but i've been packed down so much this school year that I barely even have time to chat on the computer...

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 06:20:29 pm »
I would more or less like to learn and help others make custom techs, but i've been packed down so much this school year that I barely even have time to chat on the computer...

That's awesome that you want to help, but sucks because you can't. New techs would be awesome right now, but adding new content/areas/dugeons/etc is higher priority. We can ALWAYS go back and add techs later. (hopefully we'll have new techs figured out in the coming months)

justin3009, If you ever obtained extra time, do you think you would maybe make a tutorial on this? If I can just figure out how to make 1 custom tech, the rest shouldn't be that hard.

On another note.......:

I am announcing that I am looking for a group to help me on this massive project!

I need people to work on:

Someone to work on extended storyline (this position is covered)

Someome who is good with modding graphics/palletes (or who can help me get started with editing palettes and ROM graphics editing)

Someone to help with mapping (I can only do so much), probably 2 people

(I should be able to do all events by myself, but if you can code well and are interested let me know what you can do)

Techs (if any can point me in the direction on how to make a new tech, plz let me know thanks!)

Maybe someone who knows HEX and can make monsters be able to have 64,000HP as well as figure out how to increase the total amount of items/monsters. (this is serious wishful thinking)

-- Each of the mappers would be giving a dungeon or area with a description of generally how the layout should be, then they can go to town making the dungeon how they want  In other words, I'll give the dungeon or area specs and you can make the area how you want (as long as they follow the specs)

Example dungeon specs: (so you potential mappers know what level of personal freedom you have when it comes to making a new area)

Valley of the Shadow of Death (Lava cave inside Death Peak)
Make map(total of 3 - 40x40 maps), (do palette/import lava tileset stuff later),

+Dungeon Specs: Must be 1 map of winding/twisted passages (going downwards), map 2 & 3 should be huge caverns full of lava(lower floor) and all the rooms are really platforms over the lava. (Think of the design of Heckran Caverns Underground River,  how part of the map is on a platform and you can go into the water below (though now it would be lava of course)

Also: add events/mobs, random drops after battle, add mega-treasure chests
(I would obviously do the event stuff here a la copy and paste by using "template events")

-- Graphics person would have to be able to import/export ROM graphics and also be good with palettes. I need some new monsters made(I have a list chockful waiting to be drawn -- especially the three new SUPER BOSSES. ...and they will be quite SUPER)  8)

(I may need a second graphic designer  for making a few custom tilesets/enhancing current. (Visualize Seiken Densetsu 3 graphics in a CT ROM)

As you can see I am only looking for a select few, because this is a mostly a secret project... and the stuff I HAVE talked about is not secret. ;)

PM me if you can and would be willing any of the above things...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:25:08 pm by Zakyrus »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2007, 11:58:23 am »
I probably will.  Keep in mind that every tech has a different place and they're scattered everywhere O_o...It's going to be a bitch to do it but i'll probably end up doing it next weekend hopefully.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 11:00:03 pm »
If I already wasn't doing a bunch of TF projects PLUS Schoolwork, I would so help you with mapping. Sorry.