Author Topic: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread  (Read 41098 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 09:51:40 pm »
Wow this is sounding very impressive. Looking forward to it.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 10:07:33 pm »
I hope that you meant the tech name would just be Ultima, as Make Ultima sounds rather...odd. ;)

But seriously, this sounds fantastic. You said you'd release a demo in about a month or so? Do you expect to have this fully completed within a few months, or will it take longer? Also, will this be an entire ROM to itself, or will it be a patch to be applied? If a patch, would it be compatable with games already in progress in the game or will we have to start from the beginning to take full advantage? Do you intend to lengthen the textual limitations preventing some weapons and armour from being named correctly, such as the Titanium Vest being shortened to Titan Vest? Will there be any other new double/triple techs, or is it all for Magus? Do you intend to alter the Masamune II to be similar to these other new ultimate weapons, and thus provide a few weapons for Frog inbetween? Will Magus gain a new ultimate weapon as well?

...holy crap I feel like I'm being an anal little kid asking "Are we there yet?" with all of these questions...

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 02:02:39 am »
The only difference is WoW is a waste of money. >__>

Not as bad as FFXI.
I still say WoW...That game shoulda never been made imo.  It's a mockery of the Warcraft series >_<

Same with FFXI.

I couldn't agree with you more, nightmare975. I just really hate the fact that so much more people around here are completely against the mere thought of something that could potentially 'hurt' Square Enix financially, especially when we have all been waiting for seven LONG years already for them to come up with a new entry in the Chrono series. I am seriously baffled at how everyone's supposedly taking 'matters into their own hands' with all these simple, downright ridiculous, just plain irrealistic ideas and still continue to play THE GAME that decidedly ended all our hopes for a better future, a future where more Chrono games would be allowed to exist.

I mean, seriously, do you all really believe that Square Enix is going to suddenly stop continuing support for a game that could milk at least $20 off someone per month, and then suddenly is going to decide to give 'some' of the fans what they actually want? No, I'm sorry to be blunt and realistic. There'll never be another Chrono game, not even a remake or port of the original one anytime soon. I don't think it's even gonna be 'rereleased' for the Wii's Virtual Console. Why? Becease they simply don't want to promote any more support for the series. The reason? My theory is that they don't want to create any more 'chrono fans', so that they can also start asking for another chapter. The evidence? The rerelease of the Final Fantasy games for the Playstation in Europe excluded our beloved game: Chrono Trigger. Don't like it? Me neither, but I believe that's the truth, at least until FFXI finally gets 'boring' to almost everyone who's played it and seeing that it's already been quite some time since its release (around six years now?) I really don't see that happening any time soon. Wanna make a difference? Kill the game that killed our series by ending your financial support for it! That's right. We CAN make a difference: Destroy their precious 'little' Final Fantasy XI income, and maybe they'll come to their senses.

I know this is off topic, and should have been posted in a different Forum thread. I don't care, because I really don't think that any good productive idea is going to come from that particular one. I'm sorry not to be as positive on the whole issue as some of you clearly are. I just wonder what it'll actually take for the entire community to finallly loose that attitude towards Square Enix... five more years of waiting, anyone? No, that probably won't be enough. Who knows, maybe I really am mistaken and they finally do come up with something...sometime down the next decade.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 05:26:06 pm »

Guardia Forest with L3 shadows.

New improved Mystic Mountains Gulch

New improved Forest Ruins (nearly finished)

Annihilated in the "Cleft of Dimensions!"

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 05:35:56 pm »
Very nice stuff, most certainly.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 05:55:43 pm »

Some new items  :)

Gato (upgrades at level 49) getting owned by the Atom Edge.

Robo and gear.

One of the many Cleft of Dimensions areas, the black clouds are layered over the background >:-)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:01:22 pm by Zakyrus »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 10:19:31 pm »
How long until this is completed?

Seems like you are making great progress, and I am still anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 03:06:47 am »
How long until this is completed?

Seems like you are making great progress, and I am still anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I *want* to say a month. However, I can't really say for sure (due to everything; job, etc), but at the very most it would be 3 months for the first release. (more updates will be done after that into perfection) However, be sure that it WILL be done at some point. This isn't something I am going to drop (especially since I have been working on it for almost a year now)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 03:13:45 am »
I hope that you meant the tech name would just be Ultima, as Make Ultima sounds rather...odd. ;)

Also, will this be an entire ROM to itself, or will it be a patch to be applied? If a patch, would it be compatable with games already in progress in the game or will we have to start from the beginning to take full advantage?

Yeah, I was "spaced out" when I wrote the "Make Ultima", yes it should simply be "Ultima". It would be .ips when released. Unfortunately you would have to start completely over due to the fact that some "useless equipment" got hacked to create new ones. as well as EVERY weapon/armour rebalanced (until I can expand to the total list of items -- if anyone knows how to expand items let me know...) Instead of obtaining alot of weapons all in one part of the game(near the end), they are now spread out from levels 0 to **. (yes it's level 0 now to start)

Do you intend to lengthen the textual limitations preventing some weapons and armour from being named correctly, such as the Titanium Vest being shortened to Titan Vest?

Um, not sure.

Do you intend to alter the Masamune II to be similar to these other new ultimate weapons, and thus provide a few weapons for Frog inbetween? Will Magus gain a new ultimate weapon as well?

Masamune II will be even better than before, to balance this, the Northern Ruins dungeon will be alot harder and will probably have a boss. :)

As for Magus, I am making a scythe called "Reaper", description is: "Devours victims soul". Basically if a mob can be killed instantly it will kill them, if not (or it's a boss) it will do alot of damage instead. (not really sure how I am going to make this work yet.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:18:12 am by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 11:04:40 am »
Nice nice, then. Thank you for answering the questions: I'll not bother you with anymore, as I've asked too many already, no doubt. Good luck with the rest of your work, and make sure to back it up, like e-mailing the files to yourself on a couple different free e-mail accounts or something. Last thing we want is for your work to disappear thanks to a harddrive crash.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 11:26:12 am »
Glad to hear the updates. Sometimes when fan projects are being made the so-called "leader" doesn't seem to exist on the forums anymore. Thanks for giving us little tastes every other day or so, and answering questions that we have.

Keep up the great work!

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 04:52:28 pm »
I propose that the day this comes out, we all dance around! It will be a dancing ocation! ^.^

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 11:33:59 pm »

Frozen Catacombs -- map 1 of 2

Mystic Mts Portal area expanded.

Medina Village & Medina Fair (by using CopyTiles)

Kajar Magic Lab and Study areas expanded,, Belthasar's Room is used more than once (using CopyTiles with the other 2 rooms).

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 11:53:55 pm »
Oooh...hey, I was wondering...can you get a screencap or two of the new double techs with Magus?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 12:16:31 am »
Oooh...hey, I was wondering...can you get a screencap or two of the new double techs with Magus?

I don't have those added yet. Still working on those. If any can help me with making techs drop me a PM.