Author Topic: Banners and a new palette  (Read 1437 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Banners and a new palette
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:17:01 pm »
I need two 500 wide and 100 pixels tall banners for the project to post around the community when it's done. The choice is yours on what characters to feature. However, on the second one (which will be the footer for the announcement post), stick "Chrono Compendium" in there somewhere.

I will continue to work on Mt. Woe, then develop the area in which Magus will find the beast he must slay. I'll then work on his quarters. Hopefully I can complete all the needed mapping requirements beyond the balcony and Magus's quarters.

I also need someone to experiment with Kajar's palette (#46) and see if he or she can make it more muted and dark to serve as Magus's quarters in the palace. If this someone succeeds, we will overwrite the Millennial Fair palette with it since we still need Kajar's palette for Kajar.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Banners and a new palette
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:33:16 am »
Been experimenting with Kajar's palette.
How's this so far?

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:36:27 pm »
Looking good.

Due to stupid factors, I'm still working on the Mt. Woe path around the chief mountain in the completed map. But it will be pretty easy to do, since it's just a walkway without cliffs.

Kae

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 05:06:02 pm »
Experimenting with Kajar's tileset, if it's shifted to 4B from 46, it gets a very dark feel. The only thing out of place are the stairs colours which are a vibrant teal...

I'll keep looking.

*Edit*
Ooooooh. Shifting it to 51 makes it an almost complete monochrome set, which is very nice. There only seems to be a few rogue tiles (IE: plants, healing square) that look weird.

2E shifts it to an interesting gold/black combination as well.

22 shifts it to a combination of dark walls, tables, and bookcases. However, the floors are a bright yellowish-orange.

1A also looks similar to 46. They both have a Black Omen-type feel.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:12:31 pm by Kae »

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 07:55:38 pm »
I worked on some more parts. How is it now? And what colors do you think I should change some of the currently unchanged parts to (such as the bookcases, the wooden-looking floor, the plants, etc.)?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 09:53:30 pm »
That's perfect. If you want to experiment, you can try and make the bookcases darker. But that nailed it. Perfet job.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 12:11:36 am »
Here it is. I've replaced the Millennial Fair palette as your post said to.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 05:36:58 pm »
Eh, it's been quiet around here. I'm sorry that I've been totally inactive these days, due to exams. However, I did put together 2 banners today. While the Zeal overworld picture is taken from TF, the Magus picture was drawn by me and Alfador is from a stock photograph... So, it's all kind of experimental. I'm not sure about the second banner, but tell me if it's usable.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 06:06:30 pm »
Hah, don't worry about it. I'm about to take a job or two in addition to school. I still plan to finish the maps first, then help someone with events who will have the master ROM.

Those will do the job. I might make a personal silhouette one myself using this icy background I found.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 10:36:43 pm »
We ended up using the banner template I was talking about for the Retranslation (attached). Chrono'99's will work unless someone wants to experiment. In retrospect, the "Chrono Compendium" on the bottom right of the first maybe wasn't such a good idea of mine since it's sort of cramped, but oh well.