Author Topic: Magus' Portrait  (Read 2665 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Magus' Portrait
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 04:46:24 am »
Looks nice. I'm sure everybody's using the hq2x filter or some variation of it in their emulator, so it probably looks even better ingame.

Now for the ending pic... Eh, how do we do it again? I think we have to paste the picture over a tileset (so it's actually a location). We can probably replace Tileset 2 since we don't need it and it's large enough. For the record, the "real" aspect of a tileset is given by its subtileset (Window>Tile Swatches in Temporal Flux). I attached a picture of it.

Here's how it has to be done (I think):
- decompress the tileset graphics
- paste the artwork over the tileset graphics in Tile Molester
- recompress the graphics
- pick each tile and change the Subtitle number to the correct number
- change the palettes in SNESPal

I'm not sure how many colors we can use. I think each map has 6 palettes (you can change them with Palette Shift at the left of the screen in TF). The only way to have a decent amount of colors is for instance to have the tiles of the sky use one palette, and the tiles of Magus's cape another palette, etc.

Sheesh, I don't know how useful my explanation was. Anyway, we need to find the address of the tileset number 2 first. It's the one used for Crono's room.

[attachment deleted by admin]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 11:44:48 am »
How do we go about decompressing the tile set graphics? Is that a function in Temporal Flux?

I think Geiger's offset guide lists all palettes, so I can check out what we're limited to. Hope it's more than 15 colors, but it would appear that the Japanese ending artwork is presented in sepia or grayscale tones -- a bad sign. We'll see what we can do.

If it's done this way, we would simply paste over the tileset, rearrange to get the pic right, and then you could command the game to present "Chrono's house" and it will actually show the artwork?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:48:59 am by FaustWolf »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 01:11:54 pm »
Yeah, that's the plan. You can decompress graphics in TF in the menu File>Compression.