Author Topic: Chrono Crisis Art Competition II  (Read 12213 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Crisis Art Competition II
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 11:25:42 pm »
is that okay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbrrUsogo3w
As a matter of fact, it isn't!

In all seriousness, it is okay  :lol:

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 12:37:17 am »
as a matter of fact... it isn't!

growing up on dragonball z, you don't know how much awesomeness that movie had for me.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 03:32:46 pm »
growing up on dragonball z, you don't know how much awesomeness that movie had for me.
Man, I remember watching and waiting for new Dragon Ball Z(s) every week... (Those were the days... 8))

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 03:45:34 pm »
Yeah, except that Cartoon Network was stuck on the Frieza saga for so long. That's what broke my interest in DBZ; the reruns. I see they're doing the Naruto filler now, so now an entire generation of American Narutards can wait patiently as we purists did for over a year.

HAHA ELITISM

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 04:07:02 pm »
Yeah, except that Cartoon Network was stuck on the Frieza saga for so long. That's what broke my interest in DBZ; the reruns.

i was able to hold on a bit longer with DBZ, up until the end of the Cell episodes.  Watched a couple of Buu and then that was that...for any anime at all, not just DBZ.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 04:13:19 pm »
Yeah, except that Cartoon Network was stuck on the Frieza saga for so long. That's what broke my interest in DBZ; the reruns.

i was able to hold on a bit longer with DBZ, up until the end of the Cell episodes.  Watched a couple of Buu and then that was that...for any anime at all, not just DBZ.
Unfortunately, you hit the nail right on the head, so to speak. Everything after the Cell arc *was* complete garbage. After the Buu arc they *completely* ran out of ideas and tried to emulate a mixture of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z with Dragon Ball GT(total crap...) :x.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 05:55:18 pm »
gosh... i remember the first time goku went super saiyan...  daggum...  but, yeah, cartoon network was stuck in the frieza saga for soooooo long.  it lost my interest there and i skipped over most of the androids/cell saga.  after more reruns they finally aired the buu saga, and that rekindled my love for dragon ball z, so i finally went back and picked up on the saga's i missed...

i haven't really watched much besides the cartoon network anime, though.  i LOVED outlaw star, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo...  oh, and big o and last exile.  i haven't delved much deeper than that. 

due to these forums i've been thinking about checking out bleach...  i've already read up on it on a wiki...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »
Bleach is an orgy of fantastic characters. There has to be someone in there you'll come to like or be inspired by. For me, it's GRIMMJOW! But there are so many others I like.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:07:16 pm by ZeaLitY »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 07:07:23 pm »
yeah, zeality, i was wondering forever who your avatar was (he looked intriguing), and eventually i peeked inside the bleach thread and realized he was from bleach.  the whole hallows (hollows?) concept seemed really interesting, and so i've read up on the show/manga, now i just need to get to business.

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 09:41:39 pm »
yeah, zeality, i was wondering forever who your avatar was (he looked intriguing), and eventually i peeked inside the bleach thread and realized he was from bleach.  the whole hallows (hollows?) concept seemed really interesting, and so i've read up on the show/manga, now i just need to get to business.

Same boat as you, Boo.  As I was drifting away from anime (the ones you listed, cowboy bebop, outlaw star, etc) others I knew were like "omg Bleach is amazing..." and after seeing such passion for it here, I may nerd it up and check it out this summer.  Maybe then I can understand Zeality's random interjection of Bleach characters in random threads.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2008, 05:22:11 pm »
When is the Grimmjow smilie icon going to be implemented in the Compendium forums?  :lee: :jiraiya:

I'll just use Imageshack to host it in my posts until that time.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008, 10:46:04 pm »
Also I have some emoticons that I put together; tried to get ahold of Ramsus via PM--no response... :(
( )
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:30:13 am by BROJ »