Author Topic: Question about Miguel and the Dead Sea...  (Read 1639 times)

Beever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Question about Miguel and the Dead Sea...
« on: June 18, 2004, 01:07:23 am »
After you defeat Miguel and towards the end of the conversation that takes place afterwards, this comes up:

"I love you so much...that sometimes I want to smash you to pieces!!!" (or something close to that)

Basically, I want to know who's saying it and to whom it's directed to (I thought it was Miguel talking to Serge, but I could be wrong).

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 05:57:01 am »
I think it was FATE, you know, with all the stuff saying she's both humanity's goddess and their (jealous) enemy at the same time... You could read this thread too, it's pretty complete (and long) : Purpose of FATE.

Green Dream

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 08:50:38 pm »
I always felt FATE was a representation of humanity.  Wanting to be good, but failing.  When it said the whole," I love you so much.." bit it showed how FATE, despite being a robot, had become the embodyment of the humans it saw around it.  He was confused between love and hate and didn't know if it should kill them or let them live.  It didn't even know if letting them live was good because it saw how humans hurt one another.  Robo did the same thing around Crono's group.  However, Robo saw the better side of humanity throughout his life and tried to follow it.  Both FATE and Robo gained emotions by being with humans.  FATE just had the misfortune of seeing so many lost humans over the years that FATE itself got lost.

It most likely did want to start its own race one day, but it couldn't because there was nothing that it could model it after.  After all look at those humans with their love and their hate and how much of a paradox they are to themselves.  When it looked into the flame, it looked into itself and saw it had become like the humans.  It was so confused with what it had become that its actions could no longer be explained.