Author Topic: CT rights being sold to mistwalker??  (Read 1962 times)

Ninja Lou

• Iokan (+1)
  • 999HP 99MP
    • View Profile
CT rights being sold to mistwalker??
« on: January 10, 2007, 11:54:47 am »
Hi all. I found this while surfing the net and was wondering how true this could be. This is probably just a rumor but was I wondering what other chrono fans think about it.
http://www.xboxcircle.com/xbox360/2007/01/09/square-enix-selling-two-licenses/
Hope I put this in the right place.

Later.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 01:38:50 pm by Ninja Lou »

Sain Cai

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: CT rights being sold to mistwalker??
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 01:33:10 pm »
That link shows your avatar.

Here is a link tho that explains what you said: http://www.genmay.net/showthread.php?p=20306085#post20306085

If it means any more Chrono's I could care less if it was sold to the Al Queda.

Ninja Lou

• Iokan (+1)
  • 999HP 99MP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 01:37:00 pm »
Ugh I'm an idiot thanks...  :shock:

Ok it's fixed. I got the right one in there now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:15:58 pm by Ninja Lou »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 02:51:51 pm »
Wow I hope that isn't true. Chrono Trigger 2 on the X-Box 360 ><! It would break my heart not to be able to play it  :(

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 03:07:30 pm »
I hope it's only an unsubstantiated rumor. Masato Kato demonstrated well enough with Chrono Cross that we don't need a Dream Team to make an excellent game.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 07:42:31 pm »
I hope it's only an unsubstantiated rumor. Masato Kato demonstrated well enough with Chrono Cross that we don't need a Dream Team to make an excellent game.

And it feels like Konami stole the confusing plot from Cross for Metal Gear Solid 2! :D

Sigh, I'd rather have it on the 360 than the PS3.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 02:56:10 am »
Sigh, I'd rather have it on the 360 than the PS3.

Yea if I had to pick one or the other I'd rather it be on the 360 too. Too bad for the old PS2, eh? It had a good run. I keep on forgetting I have outdated systems. Owning 2 right now is just too expensive and it makes me mad ><.

Ninja Lou

• Iokan (+1)
  • 999HP 99MP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 11:43:26 am »
I was wondering, if this did happen would that mean we would not see Chrono Trigger on the Wii virtual console? Would this also mean we would lose any chance of seeing released on the DS/GBA/PSP?

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 01:24:37 pm »
I was wondering, if this did happen would that mean we would not see Chrono Trigger on the Wii virtual console? Would this also mean we would lose any chance of seeing released on the DS/GBA/PSP?

It's way too early to make any claims on how this would play out, even if it does play out. I still think this is just a rumor at this point, because I haven't seen this news on any other site, but one. Nintendo could still get the license for Chrono Trigger and put it on the virtual console because it was originally for the Super Nintendo. It would just cost them a little more than originally planned I think.

As far as the DS/GBA/PSP I have no idea if anything would ever come out on those systems. Especially the GBA, that system is being replaced by the DS sadly.  As for the DS/PSP it might be cool for them to release a Chrono game on them, but I'd rather have a new game for one of the next gen systems anyways, but that just my opinion.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 08:16:19 pm »
It's just a rumor.
Also, look at http://www.wunderlampe.de/st-dtler/r-tselraten-um-square-enix-verk-ufe.html
Quote from: Machine translation of German site
Chrono: Chrono trigger applies despite its age still as one of the best console games of roles of all times. The only successor, Chrono CROSS, could reach the measuring pole of the predecessor unfortunately not approximately. Since then fans wait still for a new part. In view of the abundance of the other actively maintained series a new part is rather improbable. It is, Square Enix separates from the Chrono row. With it the thought play begins. With whom the series would be better waived than with its inventor, Hironobu Sakaguchi, which united the people, which were responsible for Chrono trigger at that time, under the roof of Mistwalker recently for Blue Dragon again. Therefore conceivable scenario: SquareEnix sells Chrono at Mistwalker, Microsoft paid for exclusive release for the Xbox 360. Course freely for Chrono trigger 2 on the Xbox 360!

And a news post (also machine translated):
Square Enix, formerly Sony guarantor for qualitative worth development preserve recently this consideration. Additionally we could experience from industrialnear circles that the Japanese developer will sell two play rows of his extensive LINE Ups in the next months. Which series it concerns thereby and who the buyers are, remains up to now unclearly.

No actual confirmation that Square Enix has actually picked the Chrono series as a series they're thinking of selling. The German site's only thinking of what series Square Enix might sell.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:23:00 pm by Vehek »

Ninja Lou

• Iokan (+1)
  • 999HP 99MP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 12:47:40 pm »
Quick follow up. http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/755.html This rumor says that 2 series will be sold, but no one knows what.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 04:52:37 pm »
Both ps3 and XBOX 360 are overrated big time.  I've played them both and it was the most boring experience i've had playing all those sports games and some war ones...But, I'd rather have it on ps3, cause you can play other games from the other ps series games no there.  AKA Chrono Cross :D

Ninja Lou

• Iokan (+1)
  • 999HP 99MP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 04:24:05 pm »
Both ps3 and XBOX 360 are overrated big time.  I've played them both and it was the most boring experience i've had playing all those sports games and some war ones...But, I'd rather have it on ps3, cause you can play other games from the other ps series games no there.  AKA Chrono Cross :D

To be honest if I had a choice I would want it on the 360, only because I already own one. I don't have a reason to get the PS3 and I would rather save 600 bucks right now. Yet if they did annonce a Chrono game/remake for the PS3 I would get one instantly.=p

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 12:27:17 am »

360 has way too many racing,fps and oter assorted generic titles as its mainstream. it would work better on PS3 since the majority of its games will (when it gets some decent titles) be rpgs much like was with PS2/PS1. intorducing a chrono game to 360 (first at least) wouldnt fair well since it has few rpgs compared to console where that genre is more established.
chrono on the Wii could be interesting (if done right) but i dont see S-E giving them any major titles.