Author Topic: Need a little help with TF  (Read 1675 times)

Kaktus021

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Need a little help with TF
« on: January 18, 2007, 06:22:00 am »
Ok, just got TF a few days ago and I've been messing around with it and figuring stuff out.
Here's what I've got so far, it's a room I'm using to test how to do different things.

What Works
1. The grey Melchior paces in place, turns to me when I talk to him and I turn explore off, asks a question and gives to different responses. (see What Works 2.) returns to the way he was facing when done talking and turn explore on.
2. Grey melchior's first response gives the player a bunch of items and playes fanfare then returns to nomal music, after this talking to him gives the message "He seems lost in his work." (memory location stolen from Nu in Keepes Dome sleep decision) The second response causes an end of conversation, talking to him again will start the text over from the beginning.
3. Exits work (both go to the tent behind Gato (Which is also the entrance to the room from the bottom door))
4. Movement on the map works as it should, goes under tops of tables, rails, and wall edges (except in the case of problem 1.), can't move over tables, stool, or walls
5. Scroll map is properly spaced (One of the problems I've seen in CT:CE)
Problems
1. I can't seem to get Chrono under the map's edge while he's on the bridge. Is this possible becuase, if I'm not mistaken, this map setup never happens in CT.
2. I can't figure out how to get that healing tile to work

I'm still figuring a lot of things out, any help would be most appreciated. (Memory locations still confuse me, but it works for the moment)

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Re: Need a little help with TF
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 09:42:14 am »
Congratulations.  You have managed to accomplish a whole lot more than most people do in their first few days.

Posting an exported Flux file would probably help others to help you.  In this case, probably both the map and event packets.

1) Try turning off ZPlane Neutral for the tiles directly under the wall.  If they are already off, make sure both Sprite Over settings are off for each tile also.  And if that still does not solve the problem, try playing around with the Sprite Priority in the events.

2) Copy Object 21 out of the events for {163} Enhasa and adjust SetObjectCoord and all of the If statements to match the coordinates of your object.  You can delete all the commands under Arbitrary0; they do not apply to the healing tile.

---T.Geiger

Kaktus021

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 11:49:25 am »
Followed your insturctions for both problems (except for the Sprite priority/Events thing because I didn't know what to do) and Things are still as they were when I first posted only now, for some unknown reason, I can no longer pass under the
area directly below Grey Melchior.

Here's a link to the current Location/Location Events FLUX files.
http://www.geocities.com/kaktus021/Test_Room_Events.zip

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:16:25 pm »
I do not think you included the correct event file.  It does not have Melchior or anything that would resemble the healing tile in it.

As for your map, tiles x10 to x14 at y11 have Sprite Over turned on.  These should definitely be off.  May not be your only problem, but you need to fix that.

---T.Geiger

Kaktus021

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 08:03:54 pm »
Noted problems remedied. The Event file now has the correct event locations in it, also the Location map file has the Sprite Over turned off. The link in my previous post is now the correct Zip file.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 02:36:12 pm »
In your event, you need to set the Goto at 01EB to point back to the first if at 01BD so it will process more than once.  Since this is in the idle section, it would seem like it would process at regular intervals anyway, but that does not seem to be the case here.  My best guess is because there is no object being drawn.

As for your map, I have spent the whole day playing around with values in memory in GSD to see if I can get the drawing engine to draw as expected, and it looks like I cannot.  It seems with the ZPlane neutral stuff, the PC is either under the tiles or it is not, no middle ground.  Unless someone else knows a way, I would say this is not something you will be able to solve directly.  The best workaround I can come up with is to extend the bridge one tile past the part the PCs can move on below and treat the tiles as standard Plane 2.

---T.Geiger

Kaktus021

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 03:48:03 pm »
Ok, I've got the healing square working. I changed what you told me but that didn't do it so I went back and looked at Kajar's event code and found I didn't have a Goto to go back to the PC00 coordinates in object0 so it was constantly being checked.

I figured that the tile over on the bridge wouldn't work, Now that I have those things down I can expand the room, via the bridge, for more tests.