Author Topic: Petition Prize Structure Ideas  (Read 4752 times)

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Petition Prize Structure Ideas
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:47:39 pm »
Hey everyone!  We're planning to implement a prize program into the OpUV petition effort, and I wanted to run some ideas by you.  Let me know what you think of the following prize structure:

50 Signatures: Choice of Art Print (donated by MagusChild, CuteLucca, etc.) or Signed Demo Chapters
100 Signatures: Chrono Trigger Wall Clock (or another choice of art print or signed demo chapters)
200 Signatures: Chrono Trigger or Cross Soundtrack CD Set
500 Signatures: Choice of Final Fantasy or Chrono Series Game for PlayStation
1000 Signatures: Original Chrono Trigger Cartridge for SNES with Player's Guide or another choice of PSX Game
5000 Signatures: PlayStation 2 System with Choice of Game and SNES with CT Cartridge or Choice of Another Game

Additinally, one idea has been brought up about a cameo in the novel.  That is, having an unimportant side character named after you in the book.

Let me know what you guys think about this and any other suggestions you may have.  Thanks!

Genowing

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Petition Prize Structure Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:31:21 am »
Im kinda confused on how this would work.

cloudvii

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 04:44:29 pm »
I don't understand anything aswell  :?

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 03:23:01 pm »
Okay, the OpUV (Operation Ultimate Victory) system is a login system available from chronotrigger.info.  Very simply, users login, download petition forms, and have access to info like their petition count, names of people signed, and what other people are signed up in their local area (currently based on state).  It's basically a system that allows us to easily keep track of how many signatures each person has.  Whenever a form with signatures comes in, the names are entered into the system and attributed to that person's username.  (If a generic form is received from someone without a username, then it is simply attributed to the overall signature count.  Thus, you don't HAVE to sign up to turn in signatures, but it does make you eligible for prizes.)

Through OpUV, we will be able to see when individuals reach certain milestones that make them eligible for a prize.  When some hits 50 signatures, they get Prize A; 100 signatures, Prize B; and so on.  It's an additional motivator to help break through some of the procrastination involved with going out and getting real signatures from people.

Does that make more sense?  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  What I'm looking for in this post are opinions and suggestions about WHAT prizes people would like to see.  I've started off with a first list of possibilities and the milestones at which they can be reached.

Thanks!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 05:31:44 am »
I'd put some sort of limit on time/winner total. Handing out those prizes could get expensive.

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 06:00:29 am »
It's a good idea, but with the 5000 signature prize you should clarify whether it has to be a PS2 game or if it can be a PSX game as well.
Also, get Australia into the countries list, because we may have been neglected wit Chrono Cross but I am not missing out on this!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 06:04:27 am by Beorn »

Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 09:23:31 am »
mmm....
is this a online petition????

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 09:56:19 pm »
RD, I'm not too worried about the expense, as long as it gets the results.  That aside, do you think a time limit would help to get better results?

Beorn, I'd be fine with either a PS2 or PSX game, and that can definitely be specified.  And,  yes, I will be sure to add Australia to the country list.  Sorry about that, mate! :)

Bee, the petition is available online, but they are physical petition forms.  So, instead of typing your name online as a "signature," you actually SIGN your name on a piece of paper and mail it to the address provided.  We originally had an online petition, but they are ultimately MUCH less effective than the real thing.

Thanks!

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 06:50:43 am »
One day, we need to raise enough money to purchase the CT franchise... Then we will rule the world!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 04:46:09 am »
A time limit, if reasonable, may give people more incentive to really get out there and push to make things happen.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 03:16:44 am »
The idea wasn't to have a time limit but to simply keep a running total of each person's collected signatures.  Hopefully, their incentive would be to reach the next milestone (the 500 or 1000 signatures mark, for instance).

I don't have any problem with a time limit if effective, but I fear that some who let their time limit expire may say "the heck with it" and stop collecting because they don't want to start over or because they lost their prize opportunity.  I also don't want to rush people into getting signatures TOO much, because then you might get more people just making up names and writing them in.  That's not a good thing, either.

If there are some other positive aspects to a time limit, I might consider it more strongly.  Does anyone here think that they would be more effective collecting signatures if given a certain amount of time to do so?

As always, just getting ideas!

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 06:49:46 pm »
Sorry to double-post, but I'm hoping to get some more feedback....

What does everyone think of the actual prizes themselves as listed?  Would they help motivate you to go out and get signatures?

D r e a m

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 07:25:02 pm »
Hm, regarding to your question about whether it would be more effective if given a deadline when collecting signatures, it simply depends. I mean, not everyone reacts the same way when given a duty to try to attempt something. Some may feel it's not worth the time and some may feel they are being rushed or simply being forced to do so. It all depends whether the individual cares enough to actually attempt the cause. About the prizes, overall I think it's a great idea since it may motivate people who seem to not care as much as one who is not materialistic about such things and actually attempts to take action to better benefit the project as a whole. Leaving this situation at balance. What you should be concerned about is whether the prizes actually appeal to those than the average Chrono fan. I hope all goes well with the project and its development.

- D r e a m

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 09:54:15 am »
I think it would be interesting to release fresh and new contents for the visitors. Updated chapters, features, anything that would help people keep faith in the project. I know you can't release everything so early, but some kind of actual content would be nice. It would probably make people react more. The "idea" of having a Chrono Trigger novel is something original, but concretely, what do we really see about this project? How has the idea materialized so far?

Please don't see any offense in my post but... for a project that has been running for 10 whole years, the CTNP has always seemed awfully quiet, at least when seen from the outside.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:08 pm »
No, I completely agree.  Brand new Demo Chapters are in the works and will be released as soon as we finish our editing run.  They will be major upgrades from the previous Demo Chapters, which were about 3 years old.  While I'd love to, I've always been nervous about posting more than Chapters 2-5 because it could jeopardize Square's willingness to let it be published later.

It's also interesting that you mention the project's age.  It has been 10 years since its conception, and the current push is more around 6 years of age.  During that time, however, I have completed college and forged some more solid strategies in terms of helpers and methodology.  So, long story short, we're making a bigger push than ever to actually take this thing somewhere (hence our first-ever public appearance at MAGFest later this week).